1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound foods in real life

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by arkminecraft, Apr 9, 2018.

1. arkminecraft

arkminecraft Guest

As you know there are a few crops in Starbound that exist in real life like rice. But I always think to myself, what if some of the fictional crops in Starbound were in real life? Some seem really interesting like reefpods. I definitely would like to taste a reefpod. Some species state that the reefpod has a pleasant sweet and salty taste to it. And the avesmingos! They are the taste of 100 flavors! It could taste good! ...or bad. So which crops and dishes do you think you would like to taste in real life?

2. freddy72nz

freddy72nz Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's been a long time since I played Vanilla, but assuming they are in the base game then the Varan Berry (It heals 10 health). I think it would taste like artificial cherries but the feeling I would get from being healed? Could be really painful as bits get realigned and scars get erased. The aftereffect of being in a fully healed body would make it worth it though :)

Have a good one,
    Freddy

3. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

The Thorn fruit i always imagined would taste like prickly pears. ( also called Opuntia )

I certainly want to try some of the juice combos that it lets you make.

The one thing i really want to try is the "Alien fruit" i mean what more can you ask for in a fruit if its juice helps you resist gravity?

4. arkminecraft

arkminecraft Guest

Yes, alien fruit is something worthy to try. For the taste and for lowering your own gravity to 30%! Think of the fun thinks you could do!

5. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I think, I would like to try the beakseed, they say it has a crunchy taste.

6. YunhoTheStarbounder

YunhoTheStarbounder Aquatic Astronaut

I wonder if Starbound chocolate would taste different from Real Life Chocolate.

7. Kordharin

Kordharin Big Damn Hero

I've always wanted to try that Hot Hot Hotpot. Super-spicy/hot chili made with a drop of lava, here I come!

8. Indigaido

Indigaido Void-Bound Voyager

Oculemons look so succulent and refreshing. Always have a stock of them. It might be a bit unnerving depending on how much it looks like an eye in real life though... But I imagine they're like squishy lemons, maybe a bit more watery, and ultimately, I'd like a go at that Oculemon Meringue!

9. theflamingchuthulu

theflamingchuthulu Big Damn Hero

What is a crunchy taste though?

10. theflamingchuthulu

theflamingchuthulu Big Damn Hero

I would try Oculemons, and Avesmingos, but I sure as hell hope that Avesmingos don't taste like crap. :p

11. robots+pixels

robots+pixels Master Chief

I'd like to have one of those creepy apples, or maybe an alien fruit.

12. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

I wonder how hard Pearlpeas can be...

13. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Cyanider, I think it looks refreshing. I wonder how does it taste. Will it make people drunk?

14. TheMrAdam

TheMrAdam Astral Cartographer

I better food in SB it Doshirak, from mod ,,Doshirak,, or ,,Доширак,,

15. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

The beakseeds look rather delicious to be honest, that'd be a nice one to try.

Also a Wattage Potage. Stick 2 metal pins in it and see if I can power a small light with it.

Jim Witness likes this.