[WebApp] Stardew Predictor -- Gaze into the future of your farm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MouseyPounds, Feb 23, 2018.

1. BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

It is kind of a let down to know that the cart and geodes are written in stone when the save file is first created. It seems that it would be more "random" if each day a new random seed was created for the next day. At least that way you don't come to the realization that, No, You never were going to get that cabbage, because the gods hated you on day one.

That said, have you got a list of any really good game IDs for early community center completion? From my rudimentary testing it seems, with a file editor, it's fairly easy to change your characters luck mid-game.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

I haven't looked into that, specifically, yet. But with margot's question about ID for early shards and the recent discussions regarding earliest possible CC completion, I'm considering doing some research in that area. Obviously, you'd want Cabbage by early Fall (or seeds by mid Summer) and personally I think Rabbit Foot & Truffle are the next most important items. If the goal is earliest possible completion, the Crocus, Snow Yam, and Nautilus Shell would be important too. Anything else that would need to be checked?

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

It would be nice to also have the duck feather on the cart. It's easy to get a duck early, but it's also easy to get a duck that doesn't want to drop a feather. Also don't want stuff showing up too soon. I had a save some time back where a rabbit's foot showed up on the cart on Spring 7, for over 2,000g. That's no help.

Also, a prismatic shard in geode number 16 would get passed over, unless you knew it was there ahead of time. And even then it would be a frustration, sitting on early geodes, waiting for an omni geode just to pick up your prize. The cart you can check religiously but I think with geodes, unless you want to used the Predictor as a guide, you want to look for frequency of Prismatic Shards and large drops of Iridium ore, especially down the list a bit, where you might have access to Sandy's shop and are throwing money at omni geodes.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Apparently I need to crack another 348 OmniGeodes before I get a Prismatic Shard... that's just.... gross.... D:

• BouncingCactus

BouncingCactus Big Damn Hero

No, you need to crack 347 geodes in total and then make sure that the 348th you crack is an Omnigeode. Not quite as bad.

• Stryder87

I'm not sure if that makes things better or not... hahaha

• MouseyPounds

So it turns out that on my 10-year old computer, brute force searching good IDs takes forever. Anyhow, after grinding through ~8.5 million IDs, there were 616 which had Cabbage (or Seeds), Truffle, Rabbit's Foot, Snow Yam, Crocus, and Nautilus Shell all available on the cart in the first 2 months plus a prismatic shard in the first 99 geodes. Below are a couple of interesting ones I looked at more closely. The full list is here.
                • ID 100033047 - First one to have everything I was looking for, but it's pretty frontloaded so probably hard to exploit. Snow Yam & Truffle on Spring 7, Crocus on Spring 12, Rabbit Foot on Spring 14, Red Cabbage on Summer 21, and Nautilus Shell on Summer 28. Also has a Pumpkin on Spring 5 & Prismatic Shard in geode #62.
                • ID 100123581 - Better spread of items, but no early Pumpkin on this one. It does have a Duck Feather on Spring 28 though. Rabbit's Foot on Spring 14, Nautilus Shell on Summer 7 (and much cheaper on Summer 21), Red Cabbage Seeds on Summer 12, Truffle on Summer 19, Crocus on Summer 21, Snow Yam on Summer 28. Prismatic Shard on Geode 59.
                • ID 108356061 - Mostly Summer and a Pumpkin on the cart; Fall 7 completion possible? Rabbit's Foot Spring 19, Snow Yam Spring 28, Pumpkin Summer 5, Cabbage Seeds Summer 7, Crocus & Truffle Summer 14, Nautilus Shell Summer 19, Prismatic Shard on geode #80.

margotbean and BentFX like this.
                • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

If this can predict the cart, can it also predict the random meals at the saloon? Knowing when it's worth going to stock up on your favourite buffs would be a nice time saver

• MouseyPounds

Unfortunately, that one is seeded with a more volatile value (includes how many steps the player has taken) so it can't be reliably predicted beyond the current day.

• One More Day

Sadface

I really have absolutely no idea how this all works behind the pictures, I just click the shiny buttons and leave all this witchcraft to others :D :D

Thanks anyway, this is still very useful

Stryder87 likes this.
                      • Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

What about train visits? Is there any way to predict those?

MouseyPounds likes this.
                        • MouseyPounds

Interesting idea that I hadn't considered. I'll have to do some testing on it; it seems promising after a quick look.

BentFX, margotbean and Saraneth like this.
                          • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

I'm pretty sure there's a 100% chance of them showing up when you are at the beach or in the south of the forest, and 0% chance when you are in the mountains. :lod:

Seriously, though, I have a suggestion about searching in the Merchant Cart tab -- when I search for "milk" I get goat milk and milk as results. I have to search for "l. goat milk" specifically to find it. Maybe it could be included in any "milk" search or maybe in a "large milk" or "large" search? ...Just a very minor thing that occured to me because large goat milk is currently the bane of my existence. :D

• MouseyPounds

I don't quite understand. Searching for "milk" should give you all 4 types of milk, like so:
                              [​IMG]

Does that not happen for you? If so, what browser are you using?

• One More Day

Maybe his game just doesn't ever have any Large goat milk for sale in the near future. One game I looked for duck feather and..... nada..... until Year 7

• Stryder87

I'm gonna chime in here and say this could be the case. On my current save I searched for Prismatic and there was only one listed (Year 1) then nothing until year 8.

• margotbean

Argh! Well, I think it must have been that my search parameters were too narrow so there were no results. I cannot replicate the problem using the same saved game, so, please accept my apology! Isn't it always the way that emotions make us stoopid.
                                    Thanks anyways, everyone! XO

BentFX likes this.
                                    • MouseyPounds

No worries margot. Feedback like this helps to remind me that I could better explain some things in the app. The search is case insensitive and not only will work with just a substring, but regular expressions as well. So, for example, one could search for G.*K or g.*k and either would find everything that has a g/G followed sometime later by a k/K (both goat milks and at least one other thing, regular Large Milk).

Regarding trains, I could use some help in testing. If anyone has a save from a day that a train visits, please zip & attach it in a reply here. Alternatively, if you know the game ID number and exact day & time of a train visit (e.g. ID 177392228, train at 3:30pm on 19 Fall, Y3) that can help too.

margotbean likes this.
                                      • margotbean

Train just passed through as I was getting ready for the SDV Fair -- Half past 10AM exactly, Fall 16, Year 2. Save file attached. :)

Edit: It seems if you go to the railroad, the Wizard cutscene interferes with the train, and no train actually passes, but perhaps the file is helpful anyway. :geek:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
                                          MouseyPounds likes this.
                                        • Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Year 2, Spring 17
                                          11:50 a.m.

Mixed freight train, extra long.
                                          Took me a minute to get up to it, but it dropped 3 wood and 1 stone.

MouseyPounds likes this.