1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

is there a way to put starbound back into beta?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ashmalleion, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Ashmalleion

Ashmalleion Void-Bound Voyager

is there a way to revert starbound into the beta? I was hoping to play what got me into this game

2. Zoroark is awesome

Zoroark is awesome Void-Bound Voyager

Which version do you want to play, and do you play the Steam version?

3. Nasfirith

Nasfirith Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why would you revert to that state? The game itself is completely the same + the additions which you can ignore if need be.

4. Zoroark is awesome

Zoroark is awesome Void-Bound Voyager

Better FPS (sometimes,) More weapon types, nostalgic vibes, removed biomes/minibiomes, old terrain generation,tons of removed dungeons,
    Research Station, Old navigations, Racial weapons, Unique generated biome weapons and dungeon weapons (Water Sword, fire sword, Eyepatch sword, Avian Heavy blasters) and more.

5. Miasma

Miasma Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree with you 100%. I have a 2014 copy saved for just that reason.
    RIP Impervium and Race Specific weapons.

Tlactl and Vrow like this.
  6. Vituss

Vituss Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah i loved the race specific waepons and the beta itself so i wann Play it again too

For me the last VErsion of the beta would be nice and i Play the steam Version

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018
  7. Azure Fang

Azure Fang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Technically, you can't REVERT your installation, but if you own the Steam version you CAN download any version of Starbound that has ever been published to Steam. If you're interested, here's how:

(These instructions are provided assuming a modern version of Windows and default Steam and game installation. Some variance may be needed to suit your individual needs.)
    1) Create a new Steam shortcut on your desktop. Right-click the shortcut and hit "Properties". In the target field, add "-console" to the end of the line so it appears like this:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -console

2) Go to https://starbounder.org/Version_history and look up the version you want to download. Make note of the date for that version. For this example, we'll use Glad Giraffe - December 15th, 2015.

3) Go to https://steamdb.info/app/211820/ - the SteamDB page for Starbound. We'll need multiple things here.
    AppID : The Steam ID for the game itself. This can be found in the store page link on Steam, the page link on SteamDB, the top of the SteamDB page, everywhere. It's 211820.
    DepotID : The Steam ID for the depot containing the game files. On the SteamDB page, click "Depots". We're looking for "Starbound Content". The DepotID should be 211821.
    ManifestID : The Steam ID for the version of Starboound we want. Click the 211821 link, then click Manifests. Look for the manifest ID matching the date of the version you want to download. For this example, 12/15/2015 is 1443346306517760476.

4) If Steam is open, close it. Now open Steam with your modified shortcut. you will see CONSOLE next to your user name on the main screen. Click it.

5) At the bottom of the console is a command line. The following command allows you to download any game version you own:
    download_depot <appid> <depotid> <manifestid>

Replace the id fields with your target info. In this example:
    download_depot 211820 211281 1443346306517760476

Enter the command and wait. Steam is now downloading the requested game version. When it's done, the console will tell you where it has been stored. Navigate there and you'll find a full valid installation of Starbound of the version you requested.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    SmaugBaggins and Vrow like this.
  8. Vrow

Vrow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you so much, Azure Fang! I don't think I'll ever be able to repay you.

And I think you might've meant
    in the "Replace the id fields with your info" example. This method is finicky, but with perfect results (not counting the nightly versions at least).

9. Azure Fang

Azure Fang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My bad. Was posting in a hurry. Corrected, and thanks for the catch. And you are correct, you can't pull the nightly versions this way - they may have closed the branch for the nightlies, meaning they can never be recovered by regular users, but I may be wrong.

10. Nethril

Nethril Aquatic Astronaut

hey sorry to necro this a bit but i have been getting a bit of an error
    it keeps saying that i am missing the liscense for the depot

TheZooMaut likes this.
  11. TheZooMaut

TheZooMaut Big Damn Hero

Same issue. Please help.

12. Zedroid

Zedroid Space Hobo

Sorry If I am not doing this right. new to using forums like this. But I have the same problem. Is there a new way to fix it?

EDIT: The newest Beta on July 22nd, 2016, doesn't work. But the December 15, 2015, Is working so far(I'm downloading it as I type) and it is the 2nd newest version of the beta starbound. I will re-edit if it doesn't work. if it does, this post will stay the same.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  13. FORUNER

FORUNER Void-Bound Voyager

[QUOTE = "Azure Fang, post: 3267177, membro: 586312"] Tecnicamente, você não pode reverter sua instalação, mas se você possui a versão Steam, pode baixar qualquer versão do Starbound que já tenha sido publicada no Steam. Se você estiver interessado, veja como:

(Essas instruções são fornecidas considerando uma versão moderna do Windows e a instalação padrão do Steam e dos jogos. Pode ser necessária alguma variação para atender às suas necessidades individuais.)
    1) Crie um novo atalho do Steam na sua área de trabalho. Clique com o botão direito do mouse no atalho e clique em "Propriedades". No campo de destino, adicione "-console" ao final da linha para que apareça assim:
    Console de "C: \ Arquivos de programas (x86) \ Steam \ Steam.exe"

2) Acesse https://starbounder.org/Version_history e procure a versão que deseja baixar. Anote a data dessa versão. Neste exemplo, usaremos Glad Giraffe - 15 de dezembro de 2015.

3) Acesse https://steamdb.info/app/211820/ - a página SteamDB para Starbound. Vamos precisar de várias coisas aqui.
    AppID: o Steam ID para o jogo em si. Isso pode ser encontrado no link da página da loja no Steam, no link da página no SteamDB, na parte superior da página do SteamDB, em qualquer lugar. É 211820.
    ID do depósito: o ID do Steam para o depósito que contém os arquivos do jogo. Na página SteamDB, clique em "Depots". Estamos à procura de "Starbound Content". O DepotID deve ser 211821.
    ManifestID: o Steam ID para a versão do Starboound que queremos. Clique no link 211821 e clique em Manifests. Procure o ID do manifesto correspondente à data da versão que você deseja baixar. Para este exemplo, 15/12/2015 é 1443346306517760476.

4) Se o Steam estiver aberto, feche-o. Agora abra o Steam com o seu atalho modificado. você verá CONSOLE ao lado do seu nome de usuário na tela principal. Clique.

5) Na parte inferior do console, há uma linha de comando. O comando a seguir permite baixar qualquer versão do jogo que você possui:

Substitua os campos de identificação por suas informações de destino. Neste exemplo:

Digite o comando e aguarde. O Steam agora está baixando a versão do jogo solicitada. Quando terminar, o console informará onde foi armazenado. Navegue até lá e você encontrará uma instalação completa válida do Starbound da versão solicitada. [/ QUOTE]
    [QUOTE = "Azure Fang, post: 3267177, membro: 586312"] Tecnicamente, você não pode reverter sua instalação, mas se você possui a versão Steam, pode baixar qualquer versão do Starbound que já tenha sido publicada no Steam. Se você estiver interessado, veja como:

(Essas instruções são fornecidas considerando uma versão moderna do Windows e a instalação padrão do Steam e dos jogos. Pode ser necessária alguma variação para atender às suas necessidades individuais.)
    1) Crie um novo atalho do Steam na sua área de trabalho. Clique com o botão direito do mouse no atalho e clique em "Propriedades". No campo de destino, adicione "-console" ao final da linha para que apareça assim:
    Console de "C: \ Arquivos de programas (x86) \ Steam \ Steam.exe"

2) Acesse https://starbounder.org/Version_history e procure a versão que deseja baixar. Anote a data dessa versão. Neste exemplo, usaremos Glad Giraffe - 15 de dezembro de 2015.

3) Acesse https://steamdb.info/app/211820/ - a página SteamDB para Starbound. Vamos precisar de várias coisas aqui.
    AppID: o Steam ID para o jogo em si. Isso pode ser encontrado no link da página da loja no Steam, no link da página no SteamDB, na parte superior da página do SteamDB, em qualquer lugar. É 211820.
    ID do depósito: o ID do Steam para o depósito que contém os arquivos do jogo. Na página SteamDB, clique em "Depots". Estamos à procura de "Starbound Content". O DepotID deve ser 211821.
    ManifestID: o Steam ID para a versão do Starboound que queremos. Clique no link 211821 e clique em Manifests. Procure o ID do manifesto correspondente à data da versão que você deseja baixar. Para este exemplo, 15/12/2015 é 1443346306517760476.

4) Se o Steam estiver aberto, feche-o. Agora abra o Steam com o seu atalho modificado. você verá CONSOLE ao lado do seu nome de usuário na tela principal. Clique.

5) Na parte inferior do console, há uma linha de comando. O comando a seguir permite baixar qualquer versão do jogo que você possui:

Substitua os campos de identificação por suas informações de destino. Neste exemplo:

Digite o comando e aguarde. O Steam agora está baixando a versão do jogo solicitada. Quando terminar, o console informará onde foi armazenado. Navegue até lá e você encontrará uma instalação completa válida do Starbound da versão solicitada. [/ QUOTE]

se eu fizer isso, perderei a versão completa?