1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Forced to Restart your whole game again?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Phaetum, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Phaetum

Phaetum Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This thread is just to air my thoughts on an issue I keep running into, and I've got a burning suspicion I'm not the only one...

I've been playing this game since Beta, the amount of times I have crafted an empire are beginning to blur together. Why so many, you may ask? It's usually self inflicted, but occasionally not.

The game was drastically updating after release and some things were just straight broken, so goodbye first character you are LONG GONE. Second batch was wiped by a hard-drive failure, inevitable. Modding is also one of the avenues which guarantees you one day or another (or five) you're probably going to have to kiss someone goodbye. Mods are so awesome in this game, the community is unbeatable, but it also is full of no-longer-developed mods and mods made by people who only half know what they're doing. If your not combing through your mods (I have around 150 and wrangling them is an arduous but enjoyable task) it's likely you're toting around old useless mods dragging down and glitching out your game.

Today I installed a few new mods which seemed mostly harmless, however after a few hours of gameplay I opened the pixel machine and the game tanked. It occurred no matter where I was, on any pixel machine, I did it again and again. I deleted all the new mods, all the new items, but it was all for nothing.

Goodbye empire! TIME TO START AGAIN! I admit that these sorts of incidents are the primary reason why I take month long hiatus's from this game...

But I always come crawling back :nuruflirt: because this game still gets more love and attention from it's Dev's then any other game I play.

Can you relate?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  2. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

That is my exact story. I have walked the stars more times than i can count only for it all to be wiped away. But i again i still walk the stars.

Now if only i can find my favorite hat.

3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

walk more stars harder!!!!

4. Polecat

Polecat Phantasmal Quasar

Definitely. Usually I try to recreate the same Avian, but I try other races too. So long G as they have unique comments about the 'stuff' littered around when I scan it (and not the generic human comments) I'll give em a try. That said, I am literally at the restart myself, as some mods stopped playing nice with the latest Frackin' Universe update...