1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel General Nuclears no longer unused robots and ohter drawing(now taking requsets only one at the time)

Discussion in 'Art' started by General Nuclear, Sep 24, 2014.

1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Your telling me i weren't?

Anyway one thing i have never liked with many games is that you can never see the items your picking up or where they go after you have picked them up.
    So that's why there shall be no bottomless magic bag of holding in any of my games. In my universe we follow the law of physics! nothing may appear or reappear out of nothing.
    And seeing that neither of the robots have any pockets then i will have to make it so that you can only hold two items at the time and maybe let you place some items on your head. and you will have to put down the items and pick them up again. but you shall able to bring with you any item from the beginning to the end through the game with you. So you can go around with a toilet plug where ever you go, if you manged to sneak it with you. also you can still combine items with each other even thought they are not in your claw hands.

bips fencing with toliet plugger.png

*bips* En garde!

Also i really want to make the player truly want to play the game over and over again that's what defines a good game.
    also there haven't been any game for me lately that have made me want to play it over again because most ending are just 'yes and so everything was don and all questions was answered' even the games made to be played over again don't managed to make me play it again after i have won it. except undertale.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. General Nuclear

I really need to establish a schedule for when i am gonna work on the game or its gonna take 50 years or something before i am don.
    somebody nag at me about the progress of the game.

3. General Nuclear

in celebration that i managed to retrive some of my lost progress here is bips doing this dance that i also ironicly lost before i got to show it here.

upload_2018-3-4_15-55-13.png

better add the walking animation progress here before i lose it again.

anyway most my progress on legs walking animation was on my old stationery pc so i will have to do the same with that some time later.

Attached Files:

4. General Nuclear

So i really haven't been in shape and i haven't had the time to draw anything lately but it have given me some time to think about the plot and mechanics.

One thing i have been thinking about and even have been suggested by my brother is maybe the major plot twist was you where a human in a robot suit after all who was just imagine it all.
    But then i remembered that i Absolutely Hate those plot twist in games, its mario 2 all over again and all your work was for nothing Bah!
    Instead i thought maybe i can make the robots or humans to think that you are human in some way or another maybe pretending that you are being remote controlled or something. :disguise:*beep bop bap* whats up fellow humans?

or even reprogram or fool/confuse The crazy killer robot organization terrorists into thinking that they are all humans. to get a another ending where they stop almost all attacks on humans because they are seen as their own. that or they suddenly starts going after each other instead.

[​IMG]
    Yeah both sounds good. total chaos ending for the killer robot organization sounds good while half of them turns agains each other the other half will start to protect their fellow ''humans'' and real humans instead.

Some other things i have thought about is maybe i could add real time events and time to it all to make it feel more alive so people would walk back and forward to work as time passes by for their daily routines. which again gave me some mischief ideas based on neighbors from hell to mess up with their routines. For those that want to play like that.

*edit*
    memo to self Piskel was the gif making site i used to make gifs.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  5. General Nuclear

upload_2018-3-24_22-49-13.png

been working on human npc templets and npcs and backround storys.

Also i figure i could work on making up some achievements to get the gears of progress to turn a little faster and to help out on the plot of the story.

• *Dare to be stupid.
    Win the game by combining, saying and doing the most stupid and ridicules things and somehow not die.
    (Side note)
    I am planing on letting the player do a whole lot of stupid stuff but only a few things actually pay of doing.
    Because some times in life it pays out to be idiot but almost never and thats why you shouldn't try it out.
    Also you have to do stupid things in a good way.

• *Domo arigato mr roboto.
    Make a actually trustworthy human disguise for any of your robot characters. and win without blowing your cover until the end
    (Side note)
    Hard to do because of their inhuman physical appearance and rare items you need to get but not impossible.

• *The three laws.
    win the game without breaking any of the three laws of robotics.
    (Side note)
    1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
    3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws

• *Mother*bips* (hidden achievement)
    Turn the swear filter off with a cheat code and discover that one of the npc robots that have been communicating with beeping sounds have actually been just constantly swearing the whole time.
    (Side note)
    inspired by a old internet joke about R2D2

• *Heros are Hard to find! Win or lose.... You gotta give it a Try.
    Finish the game a true hero by saving life for no self gain or fame.
    (Side note)
    There will be more then one occasion when some will need to be saved in the game but not always as drastic or in a way that you need to throw your self at it without thinking,
    Sometimes you just gotta act without think or they will not make it and sometimes you gotta use your head or they wont make it. if the situation is dire you can't question it all. no matter what you think is right or wrong.

I Also though of maybe adding perma death for the npcs as in even if you try to reload a save then they will still be dead to prevent people from killing all the npcs and to give some real guilt and to teach people that some day you may stumble across someone in great need and if so then you can't just walk by. the only way to get them back is to start a new game from the start on.
    you may be a immortal robot that can be rebuildt over and over again but they are not. the life of a is more worth then the life of a robot even though they are against you for now they can change if they want to.

• *Boot up the sleeping giant.
    Unlock cletus as your second and strongest playable character to play as
    (Side note)
    Of course i wouldn't just let you play all the characters right away you gotta earn for two main reasons.
    1. ones a player usual is finish with a point and click adventure they would leave it without returning back to it even with multiply endings because they would most times just youtube walkthroughs to get the ending they want but this way they can't just youtube them self out of this game.
    2. With this the player will get ten times as much contents out of the game as they would with a normal point and click adventure even with multiply endings because every character is different.

• These Legs are made for walking.
    Unlock legs as the third and most sassy and sarcastic playable character.
    (side note)
    you can only unlock legs with cletus.

• *Time traveler. (hidden achievement)
    preform a action only a time traveler would be able to do or know about.
    (Side note)
    Every gamer who have ever reloaded a save is a form of Time traveler. But there are some ways to fool your game even if your game have Rogue like mechanics. so i am adding some things your not suppose to be able to do but if your managing to do it then you would get this hidden achievement.

• *human after all. (hidden achievement)
    Get the ending hard where you fool the killer robots into thinking they are humans.
    (Side note)
    This also unlocks nameless the fourth and most evil playable robot which is short of the easy mod to play as. seeing on how he can do all the things that makes the other robots stand out.

• *Detective* (hidden achievement)
    Solve a hidden murder mystery mission and catch the killer.

• *Makers friend*
    become a friend to all of the human npcs that can be befriended at ones.

• *Out of my way, I'm a motorist*
    Drive a car (only possible for bips and nameless for obvious reasons)
    I though about adding a car mini game where you actually drives a car like manual samual.

• *''Arm your self''*
    (only possible for legs)
    Find a way to literally arm legs
    side note the main reason he don't have any arms is because he is just a pair of exsperimental robot legs, his computer can not run both his legs and his sentient program at the same time. so he would have to find another computer mount on to be able to use any arms.

• *This was not what i was hired for*
    (only possible for cletus)
    get hired as a bodyguard as cletus, but don't let anyone use you as a hired goon.

• *My hat, it has three corners,
      Three corners have my hat,
      And had it not three corners,
      It would not be my hat!*

Find a secret tricorne hat.
    From a old nursery rhyme that is burned into my brain.
    (side note) each of the robots can find it and they will sing that song if they wear it. even possible for legs

• Da Coco nut nut
    Inspect a coco nut
    and listend to da coco nut song

• *go make a friend*
    Construct a robot out of robot parts.
    (giving it the sentient program is optional but it can't do much without. but if do give it the program then you would have to baby sit it. can not be don by legs)

• *you are a Pirate*

A montages to Secret of monkey islandTM.
    Say that you want to be a pirate to the first npc you meet and pursue a goal to become a 18ts pirate
    you would have to find someone who knows how to be a pirate and complete three goals, his goals are

*wining a sword fight with a sword fighter.

*dig up a buried treasure.

*Stealing a valuable item from someone of a significance interest or of a high social rank.

• *Up-up and away!*
    Become a superhero, and get a superhero ending. fight crime, save lifes, be a role model. make the world a better place.

• pinocchio
    Become a real boy.
    (side note you will actually never managed to become a human)

• see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil,
    not sure about what i should make with this achievement but many of my faborite games always have something with the three wise monkeys in them.

• The Golden rule
    Do to and treat others as you your self want to be treated or helped.

(Side note) help and treat other as you self want to be treated and and helped. through out a game this will get you one of the best endings.

• Get a job!
    actually get a job as something paid or not.
    (side note with job you never need to worry about if anyone should try to take you in for being sentient but then your seen as property to who you work for and there is no laws against owning a sentient robot.)

• You can dance if we want to
    go through the whole game dancing inspired by a a achievement from a another game where you could do just that by holding down the dance button while also trying to control the character without letting it go ones.

• IRON CHEF!
    A montages to futurama
    Become a chef. and get the chef ending.

• leaning a helping claw
    help x amount of people with a problem they have.
    (side note) its not possible to help everyone in one play through.

• Stay true to your design
    Don't replace any parts on any of the robots.
    (side note) this is part of some of the cannon endings.
    • Shot the Cheese! (because every point and click dev are to lazy to add this)
    make some swiss cheese

• The Secret behind the waterfall
    If you make a game and it have a waterfall or more and you don't add a secret behind at least one of them then you are a Asshole!

• Metal head
    unlock a secret heavy metal radio station.

• Radio head
    unlock all radio stations

• DJ Bips Is In Da House!
    choose a song for the rebel's or the terror bots propaganda video.
    (side note) Det robots have no knowledge or no taste in music what so ever so they are ok with what ever you pick no matter what it is.

• SO CAL
    Blow a Freaking orca back into the ocean in a sea world aquarium with a ton of explosions.
    (side note) A montages to rogue trip. should also unlock some hidden soundtrack.

• Animal friend
    Befriend a animal

• Protector of the wild
    let no harm come to any animal you come across

• You got a Friend in me
    Befriend a npc.

• Just call on me
    Help friend in need.

• I be there for you
    A npc you befriend saved you out of a tricky situation.

• The meaning of life
    Find the meaning of life this involves in finding a fellow sentient robot who are searching for the meaning of life and joining in on the search for a meaning to life which takes you across all citys and places you can go to and befriend and talk to a whole lot of npcs about their view of life and get back to the first robot and put every thing you have learned together until you get right answer.

(side note)
    I actually found the meaning of life a long time ago and i have been wondering about this since i was very little.
    Life have many meanings to it but few of them keeps on giving a meaning. life it self has a meaning to it in it self but nothing gives more meaning then true love (not to be confused with romantically love or lust)

• Walk the extra mile
    Help out a npc twice as much as he/she is asking of you to do.

• Walked the extra mile and even further
    Help out every npc that request help of you in a extra way.

*more coming later ones i remember them all.

• Nature bot
    Befriend every npc you find, but don't settle down anywhere and get a kind wanderer ending.

• Don't be a jerk! Because being a jerk is not a achievement
    Get a ending without being a jerk in anyway.

And i have been working on your animated gif i promised to you @The Purple Dragon.
    And i want to work on the two comics i have been wanted to make to @Crossfang but i have been able to find the inspiration to continue so sorry about that.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  6. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Nice concepts.

About my request, you can just shove it away if you want. I want you to just focus on your project :)

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  7. General Nuclear

I am don with @The Purple Dragon 's request but i forgot to resize them so i will do that later unless you would just want in this size?
    Also @Crossfang got any tips on how to resize them without having make them all over again in a bigger size?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also i remembered that @MistyTheNeko never said if he was satisfied with his request.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  8. General Nuclear

forget it i found out now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    it was suppose to look like you sneezing

anyway so what do you think?

9. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

The animation is 10/10, good job on this one, give yourself a pat on the back :D

10. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

Yeah! Those are awesome! Fire sneezing is a good touch!

General Nuclear likes this.
  11. General Nuclear

I haven't been able to work much on the game lately because i have been busy helping around our new house i am gonna move.
    But i have been able to make up a few eccentric characters.
    The first one is a typical cowboy gentleman business man. or at least a gentleman towards humans robots on the other hand is a diffrent story. he can't stand the thought ot self aware robots gaining control over them self.

Harry.png

The second is a old school punk mechanic that may or may not help you case you get damaged. she got nothing against robots sentient or not. There are more characters i have started on but only a little as you can see i am not even don these characters i haven't fully desided on how they should look.

Npc phoenix.png

i wasn't sure if i should try to draw her with a double mohawk instead but i couldn't draw it right.

upload_2018-4-9_21-47-50.png

A robot receptionist i made for the robot hotel (not to be confused with a hotel for robots)
    she is not sentient by the way but you can turn her into becoming sentient but that would cause trouble for you and her.

upload_2018-4-9_21-50-10.png

The director for the hotel. haven't been able to come up with a personality for him yet.

upload_2018-4-9_22-0-58.png

rii suggested that i should add a emo in the game. haven't come up with a personality yet.

upload_2018-4-9_22-1-42.png

Jinngo based on my big brother.
    he is very goofy vitty and confident and chill guy often cracks up a joke on your situation. and can mimic a lot of voices.
    also yeah he used have a mohawk now he have that hipster look also yeah he is pretty buff.
    my best jokes comes from him.

upload_2018-4-9_22-10-7.png
    one character my niece made actually
    she have no name or personality yet.

upload_2018-4-9_22-10-58.png
    and some more name less characters i am working on.

upload_2018-4-9_22-11-27.png

upload_2018-4-9_22-11-39.png

upload_2018-4-9_22-12-4.png

upload_2018-4-9_22-12-20.png

upload_2018-4-9_22-12-33.png

upload_2018-4-9_22-12-52.png

Also if you wonder why everyone looks confused it is because a robot coming up to you and talking to you isen't exactly normal you know.

so what do you guys think.
    also feel free to add any suggestions for a character here if you want you can make your own character i can put in. or you can make it your self with one of the mannequins just copy paste it in to paint and draw on details your self.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  12. General Nuclear

upload_2018-4-13_0-39-52.png
    This may not seems like much but i fixed a pixel problem with this arm and i used a unnecessary long time on so i am just gonna leave this in case i am the most unluck guy in the world and have the pc crash for the... i have lost the counting anyway DAMN YOU WINDOWS 10!! AND ''GAME BOOST''!!!

upload_2018-4-13_1-20-48.png
    *give recognition to the sun!*

upload_2018-4-13_1-56-11.png
    ♪crab people, crab people, crab people, taste like crab. talk like people♪
    Honestly i have never seen that episode of south park because i don't watch that show but my brother keeps singing it every time i mention something that reminds him of the crab people.

You have no idea how much time i used to figure out how to be able to spin his body around like i did with the spining cletus emojie head but i finally figured it out now so i am gonna add that here some time in the future.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  13. General Nuclear

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My first dance to bips although i didn't draw the leg movement right (even though it looks funny like that too) i am gonna fix that another time.
    the main reason i actually took this dance is because it is very easy to animate (except that i messed up the legs a bit because i am lazy sometimes)

As mandatory here is the peanut butter and jelly time song and the moon song that are often associated with that dancing banana.

*edited* take two
    [​IMG]

Fixed the legs more or less and added two frames but couldn't get the arms right in those two frames.
    making him do all kinds of dances helps me with animated the rest of his movements more correctly.

Gonna make him do a 360 with his torso another time.

[​IMG]

Bips doing a cossack dance first attempt.

memo to my self remember to round up all the other robots i am gonna use.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  14. General Nuclear

cletus tube leg walking..png
    just adding this progress here because i have a bad gut feeling that if i don't add safey a copy anywhere i might have to redo all this work over again!

Drawing his tube legs are a true pain but i am not changing his design just because of that!
    Normally you just need 8 frames for a walking animation but that dosn't look right at all for anything with tube arms or legs so i am probably gonna need about twenty or so just for his forwards walking then i have to mirror that for the left side and fix a few minor details like putting his chest hatchet on the right side.
    also i had to re draw his legs more then ones because i based it on human legs. I found out that i had to take the movement from a elepant's back legs and a penguins Waddling to make it look right because he don't have hips.

and i haven't even started on his tube arm movement.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  15. General Nuclear

[​IMG]

First experimental gif of cletus walking animation.. well not the first but the first i have uploaded here.
    i haven't polished it or added any animation to his arms or fixed the drawing errors or even cared to measure any of the frame boxs or anything about it. i just had to see how well his movement on his body and legs was cooperation.

[​IMG]

a slower version
    i now see that i used one of the frames twice which is why he suddenly skips.
    oh and it turns out that i only needed twelve frames.

I think i should make his body movement match his leg movement. but first i am gonna try and see if i can fix this first.

*edited*
    urgh turns out i have to add more frames then 12.

i need 14 frames so two more but i don't know how i should do that with his torso from side to side because that only needs 12.

because other wise it looks like he is walking with a tune
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  16. General Nuclear

upload_2018-4-26_23-18-21.png

Been working on one of the city maps for all the buildings in one of the citys in the mean while i try to figure out cletus leg animation.
    It may not look like much but thats because i used most of the time carefully placing the skyscrapers so they would line up with the backround from one of my previous robot drawings i made as you can see below

upload_2018-4-26_23-23-6.png

upload_2018-4-26_23-25-19.png

robo 4 small.png

i also figure that i could draw the rest of this robots body from another of my previous drawings.
    i figure since he kinda reminded me of bips that maybe he could be bips previous model from his line of robots.

*bips* grandpa! *hugs the robot* *the previous model* Get off me! i am not your grandpa! we aren't made like that. if anything i would have been your grand uncle. *bips* Uncle! *the other model* oh boy what have i gotten myself into?

but i haven't figure out what i should call him yet. or how i should color him.
    He is not playable but i figure you could steal his parts if he ever breaks down in the game.

17. General Nuclear

bips's claw 1 big.png

[​IMG]

I figure i could use bips's severed claw as the mouse cursor like in the old warcraft games and it will open and close when you hover it over something you can pick up.

maybe i should make the two bottom low cables cross and shot sparks as well to make it look like they are still in a working order when it hovers over something you can pick up to add a little more details.

Also i can use the other robots hands or claws as mouse cursor as well when you play as them and legs foot as his cursor since he don't got any arms or hands or claws.

*edited*
    [​IMG]
    hmmm better?

*edited again*
    one more frame
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  18. General Nuclear

[​IMG]

Most likely how cletus would open a door. He should be able to just skip 60% of all door puzzles by literally just walking through them. besides when you finally do unlock him i bet most players are tired of all those door puzzles.

meanwhile all the other robots have to carefully pick the lock or something to be able to get out.

[​IMG]

while legs have to jump out a window or something.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  19. General Nuclear

I just remember one of the most important things in the game that i was gonna make and that is the main villains (beside one of the main playable characters who is one of course also who was one before you choice to become one as one of the bots if you choice to become one) By the way its nameless if you wonder which of the main bots it was. which all of his stole body parts should hint on, but you can choice to be a good guy as him.

I figured since i am much better at making villains then heros so i couldn't have to worry about it.

I am just adding it here for me to remember.
    Hmm i need a killer robot leader, a anti robot human leader, some generally scum bags. The main bad guy or woman (also he/she needs a theme tune), and maybe some random object that act as villain for them by being there at the wrong time.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  20. General Nuclear

There have been a lot of new pixel games now that have tried to make it with multiply endings and they all fail in the same way and thats that they make it so you can only get a different ending by doing something way too specific and only by doing that specific thing or you get the same ending over and over again no matter what because your not doing that specific thing.

If your gonna make a game with multiply endings then it have to be easy to understand and make everything matter and not only the big things, even the small simple things have to matter.
    Also but most importantly count in every person you helped for a side mission or didn't (which is only logical to do in a multiply ending game, but is somehow ignored by absolutely! every new choice matter dev now days for some reason.. WHY!).

Screw you linkin park! In the End EVERTHING MATTERS!

robot's speakers big.png

anyway made the speaker mouse cursor for when you are gonna talk to someone. and haven't been able to work on the game because i am gonna moving to a different house here and there is a lot to do.

i first thought about a voice box with wires but figure i might as well just take the speaker in it self.

i am gonna add a little animation to that too so sound waves will come out of it.

*edited*
    bips's camera eye big.png

Can't figure out which i camera eye i should use as the cursor for examining things.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2018