1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Tenant Stays after Colony Deed Destroyed - Unkillable on Space Station

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Phaetum, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Phaetum

Phaetum Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello! I encountered a rather frustrating bug today which I've never seen before. I was in my customizable space station which I decked out for some colonists. I was placing then destroying the Deed to try and get an Apex merchant.

A chef spawned, and then I deleted the deed. He did the warp animation and reappeared in the room he spawned in, without the deed. Now he's in my station wandering around, an un-tether tenant mooching and taking up space.

I can't kill him, and it's a space station so I can't lure monsters in to kill him.

Mods that effect tenant system (none of them do so directly)
    Themed Colony Deeds (Provides more colony deed skins)
    Chef Crewman (I know this technically isn't a tenant but the guy was a chef so who knows)\
    Job Offers (Lets you get tenants and NPC's to join your crew. Also doesn't technically effect the colony deed.)
    Tenant Pack (Allows 30+ more tenants based on furniture/etc. The Chef wasn't one of them.)

I've been playing this game for a long time and never seen this bug, so I get the feeling it's new, and perhaps related to the Space Station mechanics.

No freeloading on my space stations!!
    (Edit: A possible solution which I'm going to use is to give him a job offer and then fire him.)

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Seems mod related tho. Always upload the starbound.log directly after the session when you encountered an issue or a bug. Otherwise it is (nearly) impossible to tell what might have been the cause.

3. Phaetum

I included the only mods I have which effect the tenant system in any way. I've had these same mods for a long time too, and never seen this issue. I'm not saying it isn't true but yeah.... anyway I didn't realize about the log until way later x.x sorry.

4. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

Unless you mean something mod-specific, merchant type NPCs (which I assume includes chefs) will never offer to join you.

But as any Dwarf Fortress player can tell you, magma (lava) is always the solution.

5. Phaetum

Well as I listed in the mods part of the post, I have Job Offers which lets me ask any NPC to join me. I already got rid of the offender. :nuruninja:

6. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

Ah, right. Missed opportunity for magma though. :nuruneutral: