RELEASED Babies Take After Their Parents! Recolors + New Toddler Hair and Clothes (Updated 11/20/18)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by lilipea, Mar 19, 2016.

1. lilipea

lilipea Phantasmal Quasar

You can post requests here! I'm not very active anymore so I can't guarantee when I can finish it, however, unless it's just a simple recolor.

As Scabbers said, please try to download it from Nexusmods! I made the link a bit too hidden, sorry about that. I edited the first post so hopefully it's noticeable now. If nexusmods doesn't work let me know and I'll upload some mirrors for you.

• PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

I don't want to have to browse through 8 pages of comments, so I apologize if this has already been asked.

Will this cause issues with a current game? Is there a certain time frame that this mod is to be added to avoid issues? Like say before birth, pregnancy, or marriage?

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

There shouldn't be any problems no matter what time you are adding this. Visual mods like this can be added and changed at any time in the game.

• lilipea

So.. I did some stuff :nod: knowing an update is coming up inspired me to do some more edits of the toddler shaped furniture.

Made two new hairstyles, they've replaced combed (male) and pigtails (female). I Mainly replaced them because dealing with 6 different hairstyles sounds like a nightmare. Pigtails was replaced with... well... pigtails, but I wanted them to look less like the hairbuns. Combed was replaced with a hairstyle that looks neat and tidy, which I thought the boys were lacking. I thought combed was the worst hair and I really wanted to fix it, so it kind of snowballed into me just completely replacing it. Sorry if anyone liked those hairs. :unsure:

Moved all the main colors over to ContentPatcher. None of the new stuff is available in .xnb form. The old .xnbs will still be on nexusmods but I don't plan on converting anything into that format from now on.

Lastly, darker skintones options for most of the recolors. I'll probably refine the ones currently available because I think some of them look a little weird. Lighter haired dark skin recolors were not included because when I tried they looked a mess, but I may do some more editing to them to see if I can get them looking decent.

• Liss323

Liss323 Poptop Tamer

Hello. I'm a million years late to the party on all things Stardew Valley and am sorry in advance for asking this, but, I'd REALLY like to install the baby mod and have no idea how or where to start. I have the home upgrade but no babies yet, so I'm hoping to figure it out before having one so they will look like my spouse from the start? Or does it not work that way? Can anyone pls point me in the right direction? Again, total apologies for being a noob.

• lilipea

Hi, no need to apologize!

To get started, first you'll need SMAPI, which you can find here: https://smapi.io/ Click 'Install guide' for details on how to get that working. This is used for a ton of different mods so is very useful to have in general if you're into modding the game.

Next, you'll need Content Patcher, which you can find here: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1915? There's simple instructions on the description page on how to install that.

Then, you download one of my recolors (your male and female toddlers don't actually have to match, they're just sorted by who they were based on, so you can mix them around for adoptions or whatever) and follow the 'README' instructions included in the file.

After all that, you run your game using 'StardewModdingAPI.exe' from your SMAPI install. A box should show up while the game is loading that will tell you which mods have been loaded, if one of them didn't work, and if you accidentally broke something. You can check it at any time by alt+tabbing.

...It probably sounds like a lot if you're not familiar with modding but trust me that it's a lot more convenient to install and remove now lol.

Doing this will replace the appearance of the newborn and all the toddlers, so they will look like my mod before they pop into existence in your game as long as you have it installed. You can only have one baby, one female toddler, and one male installed because of the way the game generates your children. But if you want a new color for any of them, you can just delete the color you currently have installed and install a new one.

I hope this is helpful! Don't be afraid to ask any more questions. :)

• Salamander Sundaes

Salamander Sundaes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The new designs look so cute! Is there any chance for updated sprites of Willy's kids? The dark brown hair is really cute, and I'm a huge sucker for that old fisherman.

• Liss323

Liss323 Poptop Tamer

THANK YOU a million x infinity for simplifying this for me. I've been mostly a console\handheld gamer since the 80's and have barely played games on a PC at all before Stardew Valley, let alone modded anything ever, so, I sincerely appreciate this. Will def ask if/ when I get stuck. Thanks again!!!!

• lilipea

I plan to update a bunch of the old recolors, just taking a bit of a break since it took me sooo long to finish updating the main colors lol. I'll definitely prioritize updating the Willy version for you though!

No problem! Glad I was able to help. :)

• Liss323

Liss323 Poptop Tamer

So, your step-by-step was amazing and I got my first dark-haired Sebby baby the other day!!!!! Thank you again for simplifying this for me and for creating such an awesome mod!!!

lilipea likes this.
                      • ViolentOtter

ViolentOtter Aquatic Astronaut

These are awesome! Thanks so much for doing this!

• PandaSong

PandaSong Void-Bound Voyager

I adore these so much. It actually makes me want to have kids in the game now. I mean first I have to finish it (funny how you can play 500 hours and.. not 'finish' the game) but I think this time I'm going to actually aim for having a child! You made them so cute!

• Mela

Mela Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much for updating these! I hope you don't mind a request.
                            If possible could you do a recolor for Caroline like babies? I like the idea of genes skipping a generation in regards to Abigail. Green haired babies were be so cute~!

PandaSong likes this.
                            • lilipea

Glad you guys like them <3

Sure! I'll get started on requests and stuff soon :)

• niftychick

niftychick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love these little babies, but is there a chance you would take a small recolour request please?
                                either Harvey and/or Shane babies with bright pink hair? odd request I know but my farm chick has pink her (like me) so I would adore the babies to look like a mix of both parents. Thanks sweetie.

• lilipea

Sure! Would you mind taking a screenshot of your farmer so I know exactly what type of pink to aim for?

• breatemata

breatemata Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can you make a recolour to match the diverse stardew mod? if not its okay, i really like how your mod makes it fell like they are your kids with whoever you choose.

• lilipea

Is there a specific person in that mod you'd like a recolor based on? Doing all of them is a bit much for me.

breatemata likes this.
                                      • breatemata

breatemata Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hard to decide between Emily, Seb and Elliot... Emily i guess, also thank you for wanting to recolor and you were right doing all of them would be to much, sorry, but thanks again.

• niftychick

niftychick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

https://ibb.co/eAU4ny Front
                                          https://ibb.co/bLyaud Back
                                          Thanks sweet. I really appreciate it.