I need help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rose8998, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Rose8998

Rose8998 Space Hobo

How do you start playing

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I moved your topic to the right section and adjusted the title.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

It's not a very clear question. Are you asking how you start playing, or how I start playing?

Myself, early game I treat forage as food, not as an income source.
        Day one, I talk to everybody, give a gift to Linus, chop enough trees for level one foraging, and plant 40 parsnips.
        Day two, I fish all day and look to get level 3 fishing. Plus I chop a couple more trees if I didn't level up foraging on day one.
        Day three, I chop trees and eat trail snacks to keep chopping all day, looking to get 300 wood and fixing the bridge at the beach by midnight.

That's kind of my boilerplate opening.

If you are asking how YOU start playing, you'll have to be a bit more specific about what you're having problems with.

• Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

I'm also confused by this. If you need specific help with a task can you tell us what it is? The way I usually start the game after choosing my farmer and the farm map, I will try to chop the tops off the trees, leaving a stump, to get wood for a chest. Build a chest ASAP and try to save at least 2 of everything you find. Plant your parsnips and water them. Make friends with Pelican Town residents. Get down to the beach to collect the shells and things. Check the trash bins for goodies, make sure you don't get seen doing this it makes people upset. If you have extra energy at the end of the day, continue with chopping the tree tops. The reason for that is 1. it takes less energy, 2. it will grow back quickly and 3. even as a stump it will drop tree seeds. Collect the maple seeds, acorns and pine cones to make the field snack which gives you 45 energy to keep going longer. As soon as you have enough gold get an upgraded backpack from Pierre's for 2,000 it will give you 24 spots to save things in which is good, the next level one is 10,000 gold and gives you 36 spots. Get down in the mines as soon as the way is clear. The mines is the best way to make gold, but keep an eye on energy and health take plenty of food with to give you a boost and be sure to be back in your house before 2Am or you will pass out. Also don't forget to check the TV every night before bed for the next day's weather and then in the morning for your luck status and the recipes. If you have any questions just ask here. Someone is bound to either know the answer or how to find out the answer.

• Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

I'm pretty much a loner for the first few seasons of the game. I plant crops, forge, and chop as much wood as I can. I'll greet a villager if they are near me but I don't go out of my way to really befriend anyone. I try and get the beach bridge completed ASAP because the shells are worth good coin. Once I have a solid foundation under me I'll start hitting on my future spouse. It's worked out well for me so far. In my current game Farmer Zarianna is happy married to Abigail and the proud mommy of little Rain and Cthulhu. [​IMG]

Stryder87 likes this.
            • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Hi Rose,

Everyone above has given you very useful information. And you might want to check out this "Getting Started" post on the official wiki, as well:

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Getting_Started

If you need anything more specific, just ask. We're a friendly bunch, and only too glad to help out.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

O...M..G... you did NOT! hahahaha

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I gotta ask, which one of the li'l sprats in the screengrab is our ancient lord of R'lyeh? It's the one in the ichorous green, isn't it. They're so cute when they're not devouring the psychic essence of billions of innocents!

• absimiliard_the_elder

absimiliard_the_elder Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think they're kinda cute when they do that too.

• Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

Yes, it is indeed the one in green. He's already getting started. His Lordship is walking now: the other day I watched him run right through the bedroom wall and disappear into the Void. Between this and the fact that Cindersap and Pelican Town are now so heavily slime-infested that my framerate slows to a crawl, I give it roughly another month or so before total annihilation.