RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Not my mod, its AutoGate - go bug that mods author.

• insignifigantis

insignifigantis Void-Bound Voyager

How do I install the mod?

• Heartwerk

Heartwerk Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry to "bug" you again but my game stops crashing when I remove More Animals and keep AutoGate in. I'll let them know anyway.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
        • cupsonears

cupsonears Space Spelunker

I'm having a similar issue as someone else was previously. Long story short I've adopted too many pets and want to get rid of a few. I understand that it may be difficult to change but that's fine. I also have been having an issue where my tools (it's only tools for some reason) disappear overnight if I leave them in a chest (this may not be caused by this mod, as I have a few others installed but I feel it's worth mentioning in case others have had this issue)

• genman

genman Subatomic Cosmonaut

@cupsonears
            just update to the latest Ento Framework,not the beta version.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Entoarox updated [SMAPI] More Animals with a new update entry:

Finally fixing stuff!

Read the rest of this update entry...

• hopieluff

hopieluff Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! I keep getting this error.

[More Animals] Mod crashed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:

https://log.smapi.io/DiW5VYF7

Log supplied.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Mistake made on your end, the ID of a skin has to be a valid number, and you have one or more that isnt, I will add "detect and report invalid ID's" to my todo list.

• hopieluff

hopieluff Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you! Fixed

• Heartwerk

My game still crashes at the end of a season. It happens even if I remove Autogate, but doesn't happen if I remove MoreAnimals.

This is with the most recent update.

https://log.smapi.io/V53Z7Ssr

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Issue is happening inside Daily Tasks Report, please contact that mods author about fixing the isuse.

• Heartwerk

I removed literally every single mod except for Entoarox Framework and More Animals, and the issue is still happening.

https://log.smapi.io/5aHqjSQM

If you want, I can go bother the guy that made Entoarox Framework...?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is a *very* different error then you submitted previously, and one that confuses me heavily... I am going to ping @Pathoschild on this one, because I am utterly confused how a collection can change while it is still in the process of being created :S

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Heartwerk

Waaaaaaait. I haven't been reading the error logs too closely because I wouldn't have a clue what to do with them, but are you saying that each error log I've submitted has shown wildly different things when the CTD happens? Because given that the issue I've had is the same one each time, that is super weird! I'm sorry I got snarky, I didn't realise the error log was sending you on a wild goose chase. :S

@Pathoschild -- To get you up to speed, I get a CTD every time I try to sleep on the 28th of any season if I have More Animals in my mod folder. Any other time I try to sleep is totally fine.

Pearl is currently my main save file (and is on 28 Fall right now). I'm getting the same problem on Jasper, but I haven't tested Opal.

Anyway, those three saves are attached plus the two mods you asked for.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yes, each time the error log gave a different error, first Auto Gate, then Daily Tasks Report, and finally a basic routine in More Animals that calls on SDV itself crashed when everything C# tells us it shouldnt be possible (Hence me passing it to Pathos, since he might be able to figure out what about your save files is causing all the mods to blow up.)

• meochan

meochan Big Damn Hero

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
                                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Entoarox I can't reproduce the collection-modified error, but I do get the save crash with @Heartwerk's files. The error happens in Game1.setGraphicsForSeason when processing the bus stop, in this code:
                                  Code:
                                  if (!location.Map.TileSheets[index].ImageSource.Contains("path") && !location.Map.TileSheets[index].ImageSource.Contains("object"))
                                  {
                                     location.Map.TileSheets[index].ImageSource = "Maps\\" + Game1.currentSeason + "_" + location.Map.TileSheets[index].ImageSource.Split('_')[1];
                                     location.Map.DisposeTileSheets(Game1.mapDisplayDevice);
                                     location.Map.LoadTileSheets(Game1.mapDisplayDevice);
                                  }

Specifically when processing the tilesheet with image source ..\\Mods\\MoreAnimals\\box. That contains neither path nor object, so it tries to seasonalise it. This part then crashes because the Split only returns one value:
                                  Code:
                                  location.Map.TileSheets[index].ImageSource.Split('_')[1]

• Heartwerk

No matter how many times I pointed out it was the mod I got brushed off. THANK YOU.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ah, good to know, will fix.
                                      You never had the error pathos just reported....