Resource Gathering Quest-ion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by margotbean, Mar 6, 2018.

1. margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

I've sunk about 1000 hours into the game, and never had a resource collection quest from anyone other than Clint, and always for Copper Ore.

I suspect the equation that determines the quest is always producing the same number, zero. In ResourceCollectionQuest::loadQuestInfo, the type of quest (and the requestor) is determined by:
    this.resource = this.random.Next(6) * 2;

So, has anyone ever had a resource collection quest from Robin? Anyone ever had a request from Clint for anything other than Copper Ore?

Related question: Has anyone ever had Demetrius request that you catch fish? At first glance, it would appear that he ought to be requesting fish 50% of the time, instead of Willy. But I can't recall ever getting a fishing quest from him.

Madeliene Madness likes this.
    • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Only 1000 hours? Noob

Seriously though, I have that and an unspecified amount more, and I've also only got copper ore requests from Clint. I never even realised there were others, but your thread made me think of checking the wiki and apparently there's a whole heap of quests I've never seen, that I never even realised we're supposed to exist

Fishing - only from willy, never demetrius

Gathering - only from Clint, and only copper, never iron gold or coal. And also never wood or stone from Robin.

Monster slaying - only slimes, and only from Lewis. Never anyone else and never other monsters

margotbean likes this.
      • Ltfightr

Ltfightr Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have had a quest to kill Slimes given by the wizard a couple of times I have not seen a quest for ores from anyone but Clint. I have not had any resource quests from Robin either. I have about 4000 game hours.

ChaosAzeroth and margotbean like this.
        • MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

I have never had anything other than copper ore for Clint with the Gathering quest on the PC version, but I have seen mentions of wood Gathering quests for Robin on Switch. Apparently there's a small dialogue bug with it where she thanks the farmer for stone: ex 1; ex 2

margotbean likes this.
          • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

400 hours here I kind of feel like a newbie :p

I've never seen Clint want anything other than copper, but I have seen Robin a couple of times want wood for something - not to mention her hardwood quest. Still think some of the fetch-quests are truly bizarre though...

margotbean likes this.
            • margotbean

Hm...interesting. I play on PC as well, I should've probably mentioned that.

Thanks everyone for your answers! I wasn't aware of the Robin bug on Switch, though I have seen a few posts on reddit showing the Wizard requesting "0 monsters" slain.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

I should also have said, PC for me as well

Come to think of it, in one of my farms (third or fourth one I started, I think) I had to kill ten rock crabs instead of ten slimes to enter the adventurer's guild, but that is the only time, not on a help wanted quest from the notice board at Pierre's

margotbean likes this.
                • margotbean

Wow, I thought that was a console-only bug. Thanks!

• BigBerries

BigBerries Tentacle Wrangler

I got a few quests for wood from robin and gold from clint and I barely have 100 hours in. Although it is really rare. I play on PC.

margotbean likes this.