Chat The Nep Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaede Grimwater, Oct 4, 2016.

?

Fighting in HDD can be exhausting. Which of the CPUs do you think can maintain HDD the longest?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2016.
  1. Neptune

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Noire

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Vert

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Blanc

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Merithor

Merithor Pangalactic Porcupine

The Post Game Guild fights are alot harder.

Cheetah was never an issue. Either I got lucky or I proxed everyones defenses to be higher.
    Jester Extreme can seriously eat a large fish. The Instakill may be obvious, but it's also a barrier. As in it FORCES you to stay in it, My camera spazzes the hell out when I reach the rim, I only dodged it -once- only by fluke, other times nope.. hence why I barely made it out that fight.
    Minotaurus is predictable, but his jump attack is the true killer.
    Dark Knight... Is.. too.. Cheesy?
    Jester Normal and General.. AI Stuck into lobbying the triple shots. Never stopped doing it, made it too easy.

2. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

The nearing end-game and post game fights were mainly the ones I was talking about.
    Post-Game "Cheetah" was the hardest, in my opinion. It easily has a combo laser that will shred through your entire life if you get caught in it. All the AI would die every time it was used.
    I haven't fought the end-game stuff in a while, so I admit I'm blanking on what Jester can do. I just remember never having to worry about it's instant kill. I could be wrong on that, but I don't remember having trouble with that specific one.
    Minotaurus loved spamming the bull rush in every one of my fights. I hated fighting it, but I don't think it ever wiped me. It definitely killed all the AI on occasion.
    Dark Knight had something annoying, but I also remember being able to read it fairly easily.

Oh and I was really asking if mentioning the Goddesses was a spoiler. I mean, they're in at least one of the trailers.

Iris Blanche, MilkCalf and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

Did someone say pudding? lol

8c9.gif

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Hide! HIDE! Iris Heart is here. :rip:

MilkCalf, Ruin, Jimlad 42 and 2 others like this.
  5. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

I might have more than 40 hours on my playthrough, but I also had terrible RNG. Ruin can probably confirm this. I haven't wiped yet though. Uni is awesome.

6. Merithor

I was saying 40 hours as in to nearly 100% all achievements, the Story was at like my 34/35 hour mark.
    Exp or Item Drop + Eyes of Nagia = perfect combo, plus whatever gems you have. I just dont know if the +Money gems stack with every character or just once.

7. Kaede Grimwater

Money gems don't stack.

8. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Yep. For Gems that increase Bell drops, only one per team, and only the highest bonus counts. Save your slots for other Gems. However, I think EXP Gems stack, but only for the girl that has it equipped. All other bonuses stack, though I don't know if the game treats them additive or multiplicative.

9. Merithor

10. Iris Blanche

Most likely. Hoping for more details tho :D

Ruin, Jimlad 42 and Merithor like this.
  11. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Thanks for the news.

From the way it looked, it's either an Action-Platformer or a full-on Metroidvania, yeah. I'm hoping on the latter.

I love that even a studio outside of Japan used some of the staple Neptunia "details" in the small amount we've seen. You can even see Nep being animated to adjust her shoe like her usual idle. Argh, if only I could speak Canadian French!

12. Kaede Grimwater

I am gonna take a wait and see attitude. The current atmosphere around video games in the west hates everything the Neptunia series contains. I fear it might be dumbed down, or full of SJW agenda, as has been come to be expected with recent productions in the west.

Merithor, MilkCalf, Ruin and 2 others like this.
  13. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Some of my favorites. Would share more, but... image limit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the size of them. I took these on PS4, of course, so... turns out it's the resolution of my TV. Whoops.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  14. Kaede Grimwater

The Unicorn girl from Azur Lane looks a bit like Nepgear....
    There was a Neptunia crossover event in Azur Lane....
    Combining Unicorn and Nepgear's names together makes Unigear....
    UniGear confirmed!

Merithor, Ruin, Jimlad 42 and 2 others like this.
  15. Iris Blanche

16. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

I was pretty hype for that game, but... I just learned it's a regular RPG. Was kind of more excited when it could've been an ARPG or a Metroidvania to be honest.

But... even so, it looks good enough to play anyway. Definitely the most polished looking so far, if only for the art style. Hopefully it takes from the few modern turn-based RPGs that I can actually stand to play. It's giving me Child of Light vibes, so... fingers crossed.

17. Merithor

So.. it's coming out for the Switch too.. Hmm.... Can we say... BLANC FOR SMASH NOW!? :D

18. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

In other (slightly late) news:

Megadimension Neptunia: VIIR released in the West earlier this month for PS4.

If you haven't heard, it's the "Re;Birth" of VII. Huge amounts of changes, including additions and subtractions, but being the same core story as the original, as is the norm. (Re;Birth titles were more different at times due to no longer having the rights to use certain old characters.)

I couldn't explain it all here, so see videos or change lists if you're interested. I will add though, that all of the DLC characters (even Umio and Nepgya) are entirely absent from the game. RIP Million. Other than that, it seems that the grand majority of DLC of the original release (which, let's just be honest here, was already in the game to begin with) is now included and integrated into the game naturally.

As for the elephant, however; The VR is nothing more than a tack-on, really. Not to say any of it is bad, as I cannot say from experience, but rather that it does not impact the core game at all. Nor does the core game use VR. And no, you do not need a headset to play this release. The scenes use the sticks otherwise.

It's being sold at full retail price as for now, so... I'm sure most of us will hold off on it for a while. That is, if you even have a PS4 to begin with.

I'd like to talk about the changes more, but I'd really need to play them first to come to terms.

MilkCalf, Iris Blanche and Jimlad 42 like this.
  19. Iris Blanche

20. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Jimlad 42, MilkCalf and Iris Blanche like this.