1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Prop Pack 1.5.0

The Universe's #1 Shopping Catalogue and Shipping

1. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

oh geez, i'm sorry. I'd edited the .ogg file to make a sort of scratchy-record sound for aesthetic. If you'd like, I could send you the original .ogg file for you to replace it with?

Attached Files:

2. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

oh i know you edited it, that's what i was saying. i like the scratchy sounds, i'd just love it without the random gaps where the audio cuts out as it messes with my head if that's at all possible for you to do. everything else like the pops and hisses should stay

on a real record player if it was unstable enough to skip like that, it would have some audio that fills that gap, like a snap or a pop, while in this case there's.... nothing, just a brief absence of sound, it creates a sensation like my ears have popped

3. rare_candy_bracelet

like this then?

Attached Files:

4. luna_panshiel

that's SO much better, thank you, sorry that my hearing is sensitive like that

5. rare_candy_bracelet

it's no problem at all! don't worry about it ^^

6. rare_candy_bracelet

upload_2018-3-2_20-51-17.png
    not quite dead, yet ~ stay tuned!

ChronoHyperion likes this.
  7. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Aaah! A teaser for new stuff of yours is always exciting!
    These look like there are some Hylotl-specific items in the works (a bath house sign on the bottom left?).
    If this hunch is correct, incense burners might be some interesting items to add!

Fancy you post today, because just yesterday I finally thought what was missing from your otherwise fantastic wizard set: a floating magic book! (And maybe some occult tomes akin to https://starbounder.org/Medieval_Codex or https://starbounder.org/Ancient_Library_Codex).

As always, I'm absolutely looking forward for your next update!
    :-D

rare_candy_bracelet likes this.
  8. rare_candy_bracelet

thank you kindly!!

... I actually hadn't been planning hylotl specific stuff, but heck, that incense burner is an nice idea. Maybe I'll think of some more stuff? And a floating tome! Perfect!!

It may be a while yet before anything comes out, but I guarantee you it will come! ... eventually.

Plex_Director likes this.
  9. Plex_Director

Oh, my bad then. It appeared like that because of the bath house sign and the ticket booth with that Hylotl movie poster.

Glad you like that floating tome idea. It came about while planning a build for my wizard/caster-character's arcane laboratory.
    I hoped to give it a nice "Dr. Strange" feel to it, but no asset could really fit the role. Then I thought of you and your formidable creations.
    If someone could pull it off, you'd be it.

I reckon this reads like an awful lot of belly rubbing, yet looking at the massive increase of Build of the Week creations on Reddit featuring your
    prop pack stuff you seem to have made an impact on the community.

Thus, wear your laurels proudly! :-D

(and I'm still forever grateful for your Frontier Expansion mod!)

10. rare_candy_bracelet

would you believe me if I said seeing lots of builds with my stuff provides a lot of motivation?

Plex_Director likes this.
  11. Plex_Director

Of course not!

(pssst, yes I would, but don't tell anyone, ok? ;-) )

12. rare_candy_bracelet

i promise an update is coming. things have just been a bit busy on my end. in the meantime...

FOUNTAIN1.gif FOUNTAIN2.gif FOUNTAIN3.gif

which of these fountains do you guys like best? consider it a sneak peek.​

Dragonclaw, ChronoHyperion and Jonesy like this.
  13. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I'll take numero uno, plz. The pinkish colouring on the others clashes with the tan a little too much.

14. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet updated Prop Pack with a new update entry:

Kept you waiting, huh?

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. luna_panshiel

i have a small suggestion for your mod, since you currently have an excess of UI buttons. i have two things to suggest

1. add a button that does the same thing as the tabula rasa mod, an "imports" button or some such that exists to grab any other mod-added item using the tabula rasa or "mod" tags, including your own mods if i'm not mistaken

2. in my personal modified version of prop pack, i turned the last button into a "prop kits" button, basically; i have too many mods adding prop creating stations all over the place, either crafted or added by different vendors, and it was a horrible nuisance to keep track of all of them. so i turned that last button into a vendor for other mod's prop vendors such as general stores, hylotl stuff, vehicle props, pump's school props, immersive props, ikn furnishing, va11-hall-a, ect. ect. it would require a bunch of patches, but it would be nice to have a unified hub for all these different prop packs, and i don't think the penguins would think twice about hocking their competition's wares if it made them a quick buck

also: updated version of general stores with some objects edited for consistent size(the old versions are zipped up inside)

--------

and another small thing before i forget, if you put:

"requiresblueprint": false

at the top of your prop pack window config file, you don't need the player.config.patch at all, as all recipes will show up like the player is in admin mode, that way you won't need to worry about spacing out and forgetting to update the patch again, as it won't matter anymore

alternately you can put this inside the shop object itself to do the same thing:

"interactData" : {
    "config" : "/interface/windowconfig/ppshop.config",
    "requiresblueprint": false,
    "filter" : [ "ppshop" ]
    },

16. rare_candy_bracelet

Thank you for the suggestions, @luna_panshiel! Do you think you could send me your modified Prop Pack folder? I feel like I'll get a better idea of how to implement #2 if I can get a hands on look.

As for #1, Frontier Expansion and Racial Shop/Kitchen Counters should be easy enough to add tabs for. Foodie's Furniture might have to sit on the back-burner for a bit though.

Also...

You are a lifesaver omg.

17. luna_panshiel

um... well currently i have a separate "addon" mod with a bunch of different mods combined into it, and patched into prop pack itself(that way i don't need to update it whenever prop pack does) i'm not sure it'll be all that useful to you since i made extensive alterations to the source mods for my own personal use. i'm posting it since it might give you some ideas but it's probably useless on it's own

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wcdg4uvg0ajtgew/(W)+PropPack+Additions.pak

mostly it involves just having a crafting recipe for different mod-added crafting stations with the right keywords, and a prop pack menu button to receive them.

----

i noticed all your default.frames files for your pets are missing the "invisible" option, which is needed for pet houses to work. your animation files request it, but your frames files don't have it, and starbound spits out a log error when a pet tries using a pet house

from the official crasberry file there is " [ null, "blink.1", null, "jump.1", null, null, null, "fall.1", "invisible.1" ]," that last one seems to be missing from all your pets. you can paste it in right after the "sleep" frame as it doesn't matter what tile it's on so long as it's blank.

my personal additions mod has some extra fennix pallete-swaps i made if you wanted to swipe a few of those for your own use as well

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  18. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

I cant spawn any pets.
    when I place down the spawner nothing happens.

19. luna_panshiel

if you're using the purchasable pets, it actively breaks the game's pet spawning scripts used for tech stations. prop pack's pet spawners use the same spawning method as tech stations on ships so any spawner is going to fail if another mod interferes with it

amirmiked12 likes this.
  20. LieutenantSuisei

LieutenantSuisei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If I have No Pets (Removes Starter Pets Only) installed, is it going to cause problems with the pet spawning function, or does Prop Pack's pet spawning function already have a removal script in it?