It's All Over But the Scavenging of Typewriters and Glue - The Fallout Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jonesy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Have you heard of Tale of Two Wastelands? Its a mod that combines FO3 and NV together. I feel like you might enjoy it @Xylia (even if you dislike other mods)

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I might have to look that up. It's for NV, I assume?

I feel at this point, I've pretty much played NV enough that I could mod it, lol. If the mod is good anyways.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  3. Roskii Heiral

its for NV, but you need both games and all dlc for both for it to work

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I have all DLCs for both, so that's awesome.

5. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Actually, you CAN throw random stuff together to make weapons in NV. You simply need the Mad Bomber perk, and it mostly makes you use various bombs (The "catch" is that it makes Dead Money a joke).
    The Radscorpions aren't that bad, assuming you first completed Ranger Jackson's quest, as he gives you a Service Rifle (Which itself can be already bought as early as Primm) and AP rounds for it, at least letting you cripple them, plus, they can't enter IIRC n the tents at the Mesquite Mountains Camp Site.
    The Yangtze Memorial has a grave that spawns decent energy weapons, such as the Laser RCW, the Plasma Rifle, or the Incinerator.
    Another obvious early powerful weapon is the 9mm SMG in Mitchell's house, which starts being practical to use around Primm, specially if you don't waste ammo on weak enemies, such as small Radscorpions or Geckos (Which may be best killed with a melee weapon or the Varmint Rifle).
    Finally, killing Vulpes Inculta in Nipton can get you a REALLY early Ripper, and the Nipton Hall's last floor can sometimes contain good weapons, such as early 10mm SMGs.
    Another way is to complete DLCs early on. For instance, Honest Hearts is relatively easy and you can get pretty powerful weapons from it, and OWB makes it easy to quickly get it's more powerful weapons. Additionally, rifling through the Hopeville missile silo can provide you with an Arc Welder, a nail gun, and likely, a Bowie Knife without having to further progress in the DLC (Which could end up in, say, getting an undersired Courier's longcoat), on top of Marked Men armor, which can provide decent DT for the early game along with slight stat boosts.
    As for That Gun, it's mostly useful in that it can use AP rounds, and the ammo itself is hardly rare, considering that lots of early enemies and vendors have it.

6. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

If you have ever wondered why there are only old songs in fallout and no new ones den it is actually because the radioactive shock wave from the blast from the atom bombs actually erased every thing on all the holotapes and music holotapes on the surface like it dos with normal tape recordings but the ones left underground where intact because the radioactivity didn't reach them.
    the only music left unharmed was the ones on old records.
    also all surface robots and computers where wiped clean of memory because of this and returned to their default factory settings and what they where programed to do when they first where made.

Oooor so it was until 3 and 4 where you find a lots of working pre war holotapes and robots with memory of the war on ground level that have been there for over 200 years
    (i actually thought in the beginning that codsworth was a reproduced copy of our mr handy sent by the institute to spy on us because he known about the war and remembered us also he barely had a scratch on him for being active for that long)

And you also find out that people somehow never change their music taste at all (even thought the 70s and disco actually existed in the fallout universe proven by the rare disco pipboy with disco music on it you can get) . also in 4 you finds out that all the holotape music played on the radio previously belonged to you because when you inspect the stero in the intro you hear the songs on the radio without the radio host.

So obsidian had to work around this lore break and other lore breaks from 3 and implement them in NV where you find pre war robots and holotapes on the surface, Unlike bethesda who just plows their way through the lore like nothing because they have no idea about these details.

(edited)
    hmmm
    i just found out that there was gonna be another ending with benny in NV where he dig his way into 21 and you actually find out why mr house filled the bottom with concrete because the vault leads very closely to the room where mr houses is laying in. and with a code (unlock) you can go into bennys locked elevator door that leads in to the basement that again leads to a hole that again leads to vault 21 he have dig by the help of his henchmen and kills mr house and take his place in there instead with help of you and yes man.
    use the unlock code on the elevator if you don't believe me.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    777JackOfBlades likes this.
  7. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like this one, also the institute use synth birds to spy in the commonwealth, and it's a confirmed theory for those who are interested :

8. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

But really, that's not a joke?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  9. Roskii Heiral

I'm a fan of oxhorn, he makes great vids. Thanks for bringing that up =3

Don't mind Arnust, he's vehemently opposed to anyone finding anything interesting in Fallout 4.

777JackOfBlades likes this.
  10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeesh.

I can understand not liking a game (I don't even really like the look of FO4 though I haven't played it), but to be so against it that one would attack anything said about it? That's going a little far IMO.

Hey, I think PUBG is a terrible game that's highly overrated... but I don't butt in on conversations about it and attack everything anybody says about it.

11. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No no this is real, and I'm not that suprised, that's the kind of hidden lore that Bethesda would do. When they're in a good mood lol

Yup I love what he is doing too and his settlements builds are awesome af

12. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

"Damn this is ridiculous and even moreso because of how contrived it is in the first place"
    "Wow you must really hate everyone who likes the game"
    :lolwut:

Then again if some of this "hidden lore" mayhaps had been invested in covering the plot holes the size of the Grasberg Mine you probably wouldn't see me as grumpy.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

"Don't mind Arnust, he's vehemently opposed to anyone finding anything interesting in Fallout 4" = "You must really hate everyone who likes the game"

:lolwut:

I mean, seriously all jokes aside, how did you get THAT out of what @Roskii Falfeather said?

14. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

How did Roskii get out of my overt skepticism about Bethesda's "Whacky Wasteland Adventure 2TM" that I'm vehemently opposed to anyone's personal enjoyment of Fallout 4?

Anyway, one out of the two big TC's coming for New Vegas, New California (rebranded from Project Brazil) is supposed to be in a Right Up The CornerTM state: http://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil

The other I haven't heard anything as of late but it's definitively cooking according to NMA's resident modders. Albeit I'm not overly excited for that one, it seems to be a bit too enamored of action and setpieces in an engine that hates to have to display those two things, and there's the thing that it also would need a vanilla game save which means that I might get a bit tired of the game even before entering the new content.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  15. Roskii Heiral

Mayhap, because your overt skepticism is the only thing you contribute anytime someone tries to discuss what they enjoy about Fallout: the Forth.

Its fine to criticze how Bethesda spends their time and manpower, but you just posted a picture laughing at someone's post where they were highlighting a theory that added to their enjoyment of the game.

Ultimately, I don't care, I'm not interested in trying to argue with someone so completely invested in their own opinion. You can dislike Bethesda. I personally like every entry in the Fallout series (Bethesda and non-Bethesda alike), even the oft-smashed Brotherhood of Steel tactical game. I enjoy that they are different from each other, I think that is a strength of the series as opposed to a weakness.

STCW262 and Xylia like this.
  16. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

And that's a bad thing, somehow?

I can criticize Bethesda for a myriad of things; press copies release date being only one day away to try and profit the most from blind hype, which is predatory and only making their less mainstream games underperform, making their winning formula apply to all of their franchises even if it strips their personality away (So Fallout is like TES and TES is like Fallout now). How recording 1300+ names is "totally worth it" when all the other localizations of the game straight up don't have them and it's only present in a character that you'll abandon after you find Dogmeat. I could criticize their handling of Fallout 4 post release; how the more capped than ever GECK was released 10 months later to try and cram in their mediocre DLC made out of reused vanilla assets without having to compete with modders, doubling the price of the Season Pass because "it'll totally be worth it", and in the meantime call any modders doing their work without the official tools "hackers". How Creation Club is a blatant away at trying to squeeze PS4 players for a pick n' mix of the Nexus' hot files that gives only a small flat profit to the curated modders. How they're almost confirmed to have intentionally severely underplayed the marketing campaigns for Prey and Dishonored 2 to later be able to buy the studio. Not to even get into their act as a developer, which isn't even redeemed by publishing some fantastic games.

If you can completely isolate the games and the people behind them, well, good for you, ignorance is bliss. Let's wrap it up with a funny video.

General Nuclear and STCW262 like this.
  17. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

It is a bad thing, yes, because people are trying to talk about something they enjoy and you come here to kvetch all over something they enjoy. Frankly, it's kind of annoying in general (not necessarily just this example) when I'm talking about a game I like and somebody comes in and starts dumping nothing but complaints and making fun of a game.

Then it is more like "um, why are you even talking, then? If you want to complain, then start a complaints thread so that you and like-minded people can go and complain if you wish."

Bethesda is hardly the only developer to do stuff like this, I mean, everybody tries to drum up ridiculous hype for their games these days, at least the Triple As anyways. Which is why I haven't been buying Triple-A. You don't see me wading into forum threads where people enjoy the games to kvetch all over it though. I strongly dislike PUBG and CoD, but you don't see me in PUBG and CoD threads dissing their games, do you? Of course not. That'd be silly. I got better things to do with my time.

Protip: Re-using an engine saves you millions of dollars because yanno, building engines from scratch is a lot of money and effort; might as well get as much return on your investment as possible. If you were a game developer who coded an engine from scratch, I bet you would use it as many times as you could get away with it before making a new one too.

*pssst* Voice Actors are freaking expensive, you admit this yourself. Trying to find a Voice Actor who can reliably voice English and another language at the same time is even harder to do.

I can't think of very many games that do more than 1-2 voice acted languages. Usually, it's English/Japanese and other languages make-do with subtitles.

Are you forced to abandon this character? Maybe they wanted to give you a reason to use this character instead of Dogmeat?

None of which has anything to do with the lore/storyline behind the game.

Surely by now, people on PS and XB should be used to having no mods at all after years and years and years of this treatment. They get a few mods, finally, and you're complaining it's not enough. Classic self-entitled gamer shtick.

How about we stop supporting PS and XB altogether to force a shift to PC and nothing but PC? That would be far better for the gaming industry as a whole.

It's called staying on topic.

This thread is about the Fallout Universe, NOT the IRL people behind Fallout itself.

Someone posted a Fallout Lore Video and you laugh at it because you have a bone to pick with the developers/creators of some Fallout games. It is entirely off-topic and to be honest, I am surprised a mod hasn't given you a warning about that yet.

Roskii Heiral and STCW262 like this.
  18. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

One thing is "reusing" an engine and another is that you can open Fallout 4's files in the Morrowind modding kit. The only other case that you must refer to with "everyone" that is even close to this is the Unreal engine, and it's advanced and changed in single updates more than Gamebryo/Creation in a decade. Those modder pals of

What? It's not the 90's. Think harder.
    Most if not all triple A voiced games have different localizations, say, all of Bethesda's among them since Oblivion. Fallout 4 is avaleible in 11 languages, and voiced in 6; English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Japanese.
    Captura.PNG
    It's only part of the AAA modus operandi. Out of the English one, the 1300+ names gimmick doesn't even physically exist, even if they could easily at least make a limited selection of them. An original cast that didn't even have a "guest star" this time and somehow managed to be mediocre and not even ludicrous enough to make so make so many memes out of like the previous.
    Hell, a 50.100 hour long Skyrim TC called Enderal (utterly fantastic btw) is avaleible in Russian, German and English and they have no meaningful flawd besides limited voice lines for generic NPC's.

Codsworth doesn't even have a perosnal quest or particular interactions and abilities, can't be altered with your own equipment you give him and also happens to be a walking retcon with an annoying voice. I'd say that a cute german shepard who you can pimp out with attire and armor that acts uniquely to all other creatures in the game, makes perfect sense to not have a quest and doesn't talk, is exponentially better than the hovering british trashcan.

None of which somehow lessen the above and obviously did have to do at an extent.

Oh no, my cover has been blown! Yeah, no. Those aren't mods, they're cheat codes and microtransactions, and below average at that. If you looked at the top downloaded mods on console they're for the most part workaround cheats and console commands needed to keep up with these incredibly buggy games. I didn't even say anything about Xbox mods, they have a wider ability to run and install them and access to Bethesda.net mods. I for one think that a good take on developer curated modding could be immensely beneficial to the game and its modding scene, as seen in the more actively developed games even if it's just the developers adding features from mods to improve their player's experience. Nothing of this has happened with Bethesda's CC. But sure, being against the bad handling of a great idea must be some real elitist self-entitled shit there.

Says who? And in my world, the author of a work has at least "some" influence on it, crazy isn't it?

Actually, you lads getting your panties on a twist about it have derailed. I could only but explain myself when asked.

STCW262 likes this.
  19. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Keep it civil, guys. Fallout 4's a divisive game in many ways, and people are free to enjoy it or dislike it. That doesn't mean we have to be at each other throats over it.

Anyway, I've been thinking about creating a similar thread to this for discussing the Elder Scrolls series for a while, so I'm going to go ahead and post that. I'll leave a link here when it's done.

Edit: Here we go!

https://community.playstarbound.com...me-low-price-the-elder-scrolls-thread.141535/

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Roskii Heiral and STCW262 like this.
  20. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

I wonder if we'll get something from Bethesda that aren't ports and VR versions this next E3. I'm putting my money on nothing in particular, though. If the scenario for New Vegas would ever happen to take place again it should be around time, and for Elder Scrolls I'm giving it another year or two at least.

STCW262 likes this.