Crossfang's Starbound Workshop (Hiatus)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Crossfang, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Here's the idea so far. A simple settlement on a magical forest. Something simple.. something basic,.. something we've seen on others before.

wip no. 1
    (ha, looks like it's made by a child xD)

I want to focus on the color of blue in this art. Although I want the entire picture to look mysterious, cold, and dark, I want to contrast that with the house being cozy, safe, warm, and inviting.

Here's a question, should we put some creatures on it, for ambience or something like that, or should I just focus on the setting itself? I love to hear your thoughts on this one.

[​IMG]

In the future, I want to try something semi-urban, futuristic or anything with a small presence of nature in it.

2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I'd think just focus on the setting...

3. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

1st of all, hey there! It's been a while since you dropped by! xD

2ndly, thanks for your input.

4. Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe something small could be added - for example a bird - but nothing big/too many so it doesn't distract from the point of it being a setting.

The Purple Dragon and Crossfang like this.
  5. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

...Amazing...
    [​IMG]
    absolutely astounding!
    your best drawing by far.

6. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Hmm.. how about fireflies...? Watchuthink? Maybe with blue glow instead of yellow..

Thanks, I'm super proud of it. Nothing can topple it! xD

7. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Fireflies are fun.

8. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I'll take that as a yes. :D

9. Deadmine135

Deadmine135 Big Damn Hero

For some reason this gave me a swampy feeling for reason, the "tree" in the background or the night blue ish the contrast the picture had.

Also....derp

[​IMG]

10. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Wip 1.5

Here's what I've done so far. xD

[​IMG]

11. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Looks better this time. More like 6 year olds drawing.

12. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Wip no. 2

That's it for today I guess. Was thinking of putting an outside chair, table or both but it's kinda overwhelming. Maybe a stump? We'll see. Next post will be the finished work.

[​IMG]

So, how are you guys lately? Care to share what's currently happening on you.?
    As for me, I just downloaded a gba emulator on my phone. I'm currently playing pokemon CosmicEmerald (emerald hack) and I'm enjoying this Nostalgia. I know there are better hacked versions of the emerald, I chose this for its simplicity and some minor changes.

13. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

I already feel like this is more detailed from what you normally draw, good job!

As for me, I'm still taking a break from vectoring - a rare break as I do have the time to draw (as opposed to the usual breaks from busy school work) but don't exactly feel like it - I've been sketching quite a lot though!

14. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Thanks. I'm trying to up my game. xD

I see, I can relate to that too. There are times that I feel too lazy to make something good and just want to doodle for fun.
    Anyway, I hope to see more from you soon.

15. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Yo, waddup boi? I spent the evening of Wednesday/morning of Thursday puking my guts out. That was fun. My throat was messed up there for a bit.
    Also, I turned my old phone that I don't use anymore into a gameboy pretty much. Slapped an emulator on there and I've been playing FFVI any time I edit my show.

Crossfang and The Purple Dragon like this.
  16. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Oh my, what happened? Did you eat something bad? Or just some liquor...

Playing emulator as well eh? Nice. I might play FF again, after I finish pkmn, which will take 6 months or more. xD

17. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I assume it was some bad food, since I never drink heavily.

18. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I see. Just bad luck, I guess.

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  19. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Most likely, but I feel much better now. How about you? Are you feeling good?

20. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I see.
    As for me, I'm doing fine, taking a little break from artskidoodles.

The Purple Dragon and Rgbunpro like this.