RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. katty

katty Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same issue, I adopted a baby duck after installing the mod and then I got this specific error message:

[19:59:02 ERROR More Animals] Encounted a issue trying to override the default texture for baby ducks with the custom one, using vanilla.

the message than repeats itself for infinity. the baby duck itself is only a still sprite; it doesn't animate at all. I'm not really sure as to what I should do if anything

• Eviejean87

Eviejean87 Aquatic Astronaut

I'm in love with More Animals!! I wanted both a kitty and puppy for my farm. With your awesome mod, I get to have both. I've run into a small situation after adopting one kitty to go with my vanilla dog. Both the cat and dog when I go outside, will be at the dog bowl flickering on top of each other. They don't stay there for very long, soon they both kinda start wandering the farm, but it happens every new day off and on.

I've installed 'Entoarox Framework' as told to. Am I missing something else? Or is this just normal to expect? If so. no problem. But if not then I will try something else to correct my mistake.

Thank you, hun.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am afraid there is no solution for this, it is a limit of the AI pets use.

• mominthevalley

mominthevalley Void-Bound Voyager

Just wanted to note I was playing after adding More Animals to my game and had the game crash. I couldn't move forward without removing the mod. I wonder if the crash was related to the season change from Summer to Fall as well, because that was the night on which it crashed, before save and load of the next day. I had been getting the SMAPI spam of that error as mentioned on the previous page by other users.

I headed to discord and was helped to figure out that removing More Animals fixed the error. Also, out of curiosity I tried removing everything except Entoarax Framework and MoreAnimals and the crash still occurs when I go to bed the last night of Summer, but on a different file where it was a different date, it didn't crash. Anyway, here's the log.

https://log.smapi.io/TVXDGF7U

• Eviejean87

Eviejean87 Aquatic Astronaut

No problem. I'm glad that I didn't mess up the installation process then. Thank you for your speedy response, hun!! I love having my cat and puppy. You spoiled us all. ^_^

• YugiSchiffer

YugiSchiffer Aquatic Astronaut

Just installed the mod today. It's a wonderous and infinitely cool mod that's a lot of fun.
              I was able to get through a few weeks through my first winter a-okay with adopting another cat and a dog.

The last day, the 28th, my game crashed when going to sleep. Had to uninstall the mod and the Framework to continue into Spring.
              The extra animals are still running around and it hasn't crashed since.
              I don't know if it conflicted with my other mods, which are mostly re-textures, but still; could be something weird on my end.

• AwezomePoszum

AwezomePoszum Yeah, You!

i been trying to play with the moreanimal mod, when i play my log gets spammed with an error message until the game crashes.. here is the error for this problem.

mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Entoarox.MorePetsAndAnimals.MoreAnimalsMod.GameEvents_UpdateTick(Object s, EventArgs e) at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 40

• Dragons9987

Dragons9987 Void-Bound Voyager

I unfortunately, cannot get this mod to work. I have tried every way I know how, and nothing changes. I would appreciate help in figuring out what I am missing or what I need to do. Also, here is the message I keep getting:

[22:44:04 ERROR SMAPI] Skipped 1 mods:
                  [22:44:04 ERROR SMAPI] More Animals 2.0.2 because it requires mods which aren't installed (Entoarox.EntoaroxFramework).

• ieatf00d

ieatf00d Space Hobo

This may sound weird but how do I get rid of some of the pets after I get them?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There is a command to delete all pets gotten through MorePets, currently there is no mechanic to get rid of them otherwise yet, its on my rather long todo list, but not a high priority.

• mominthevalley

mominthevalley Void-Bound Voyager

Has there been a fix for that SMAPI spam issue? It spams an error and lags my game almost all the time, sometimes crashing and has to be uninstalled to proceed to a new season without crashing.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Its still on the todo list I'm afraid.

• meochan

meochan Big Damn Hero

Ok I'm sorry, but how do you use this to add new animal skins for like the rabbits and stuff? I'm doing something wrong, because I'm putting the skins in the skins folder in the more animals mod and Labeling them as x_2 and the like. It changes all my animals to the new skin and they don't move like normal. They just glide around the screen. I laughed so hard.

• meochan

meochan Big Damn Hero

This! I'm getting this!

• SBurrito

SBurrito Aquatic Astronaut

Is there a way to remove the pets by editing your save file? I adopted too many and my game is lagging, so i'd like to remove a few, but I can't quite figure out where to do that. :p

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There is a way, but it is very difficult - I am afraid your only option is using the command and starting over.

Using the command will also reset your pet count, so if you are using the default config settings, the box will be full a lot.

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Alright, so- installed a few different animal skins.

upload_2018-2-25_13-40-11.png

Reloaded the game, none of them work. They all have vanilla skins. There's also that shit ton of spam that I get.

Edit: One skin loaded but has no animations.

Log is: https://log.smapi.io/wsAfxC6U

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
                                    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am aware of the issue, but unfortunately have not found the time to do the debugging required for resolving this, as NRE's like these are a total PITA to figure out.

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Np, just figured I'd post the issue with a log and stuff. :)

• Heartwerk

Heartwerk Void-Bound Voyager

That's a shame!

Still, it's a wonderful mod! Thank you so much for it.

-EDIT- Game crashed when I went to sleep on 28 Spring. https://log.smapi.io/FNmTiF78

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018