1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Coordinates Megathread

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Izzabelle, Feb 4, 2015.

1. LizardGaming

LizardGaming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's really funny how I failed to respond to this. However, I did find the Shawl Of Elation at those co-ordinates at that time. There was in fact a rainbow biome there before the update, but it was replaced by an oasis biome after the update.

2. LizardGaming

Does anyone know where I can find a Human Campsite?

3. x3notyp

x3notyp Void-Bound Voyager

@LizardGaming:
    I searched a human campsite as well and found these coordinates earlier in this thread. I can confirm the human campsite (and the other things) for Starbound 1.3.3 on Windows 10 x64. Only my landing zone was elsewhere.
    Thank you, @FoxDE2!

Flirtyfloran likes this.
  4. LizardGaming

Thanks!

5. Mrshneeblie

Mrshneeblie Orbital Explorer

Searching for a Fenerox Arena, with the 2 huge creatures in cages. Windows 7

6. LizardGaming

You are most likely to find that on an Arid Planet.

7. LizardGaming

Found 2 Unicorn Statues (both on surface) and a Unicorn Head (underground) in one Rainbow Biome!
    X: 761627627
    Y: -467979188
    Fargle VIII Cradle
    3rd Orbit.
    Desert Planet.
    Head right and you'll immediately find the Rainbow Biome.
    Hold Ctrl to pan the camera and hold Alt to highlight chests (most are underground).

Sefirot_510 and Armorine1983 like this.
  8. Falz Kazuki

Falz Kazuki Void-Bound Voyager

Hey ! Does anyone found a Hylotl Ruined Castle on a Forest planet ? I'm planing on making a base, without any planetary hazard but I didn't found anything...

Edit : I forgot to say that I'm playing on Win7 (64-bits)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  9. LizardGaming

Windows 10 - 64-bit
    It's been awhile since my last post, but I've found the fabled Shawl of Elation during a random planet exploration!

X > 279778104
    Y > 648493759
    Epsilo Stream
    Desert planet (There's only one)
    Upon beaming down, you can either go left or go right (It doesn't matter, you'll find it either way). Once you find the Rainbow Mini-biome, look for a chest on the surface (I only found one chest).

Optional: there's an abandoned Apex Facility in the Rainbow Mini-biome on the Desert planet.

Have fun!

10. Dui Mauris Football

Dui Mauris Football Poptop Tamer

I would like to know: how many planets can there be around one star? how many unique planets (different biome from other planets) can be around one star? my best bet would be to look around fiery stars; they seem to be able to have any planet type. Going to search!
    edit: seems that max unique is 7, but that may only be the viewable planets, including asteroids, gateways, and moons. not including asteroids, gateways or moons, then 0 is the minimum:
    upload_2018-5-10_19-24-22.png
    here's 7:
    upload_2018-5-10_19-25-30.png
    sorry for long post.
    radioacitve, no asteroids or gateways, but there are moons:
    upload_2018-5-10_19-29-15.png
    temperate:
    upload_2018-5-10_19-31-27.png
    frozen:
    upload_2018-5-10_19-37-38.png
    gentle:
    upload_2018-5-10_19-54-23.png
    also lol, 1 orbiting body:
    upload_2018-5-10_19-38-30.png
    AND I WAS WRONG THE LIMIT IS NOT 7:
    upload_2018-5-10_19-54-53.png
    xy coords: 21468446, 123424041.
    also, very sorry for insanely long post ):

going to reply, that was getting a bit cramped. i have calculated with my braincell that the max for gentle has to be 7: forest, lush, desert, barren, lunar, asteroids, and a gateway.
    max for others in a bit... i think.
    edit:
    gentle: 7
    temperate: 9 (no lush)
    radioactive: 12
    frozen: 16
    fiery: 19

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2018
  11. x3notyp

x3notyp Void-Bound Voyager

You put good effort in your research, but the formula for planet generation around a star has been already disclosed in the wiki ;) You can read the details here.

To summarize it, every star has 10 orbits that can be filled with an object. 2 of those orbits can be filled with gas giants which can have up to 3 planets as satellites each. The theoretical maximum number of planets for any star is therefore 14 (8 regular and 6 gas giant satellites, not including the gas giants themselves which are not shown in the summary). The outermost orbit is always filled with something, but it could be a gateway or an asteroid field, so the minimum is 0, but you already found that out.

Based on that, your calculation on gentle, temperate and radioactive starts is correct. However, frozen stars can only generate up to 15 different objects, fiery stars up to 16 (fiery stars cannot generate forest and desert planets), but since stars can only have up to 14 objects (and moons are not put directly into any orbit of a star), their limit is 14.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Waffle-Chan likes this.
  12. graevon_ae

graevon_ae Void-Bound Voyager

I'd appreciate coordinates or someone willing to give me via multiplayer a Space Uniform Top.

I've been looking for one for weeks now and I don't think I'll find one anytime soon.

13. Daside

Daside Space Hobo

Hey guys I've been looking for a Chakram recipe for quite a long time now, if anyone knows coordinates I'd love to know! And I'm playing on 1.3.3. Thanks!

14. Kirakisshou

Kirakisshou Void-Bound Voyager

Greetings,
    I have just found the glorious Shawl of Elation and posting coords if someone would like to check it out.
    System : Draconis Delta
    Planet : Draconis Delta I
    Found it in a chest below the surface,near a Novakid village. rainboom.png rainbow.png

15. Kordharin

Kordharin Big Damn Hero

I've been making a list of interesting-looking star systems on my computer.

OS = Mac.
    Playing = Stable 1.3
    Found = Pretty much empty System. Two of them.
    Coordinates = (First System, "Fomalhaut Mire". X: 8419, Y: -2327) (Second System, "Waimai Rest". X: 1606, Y: -769)

First system only has an Asteroid Belt, and second system only has an Ancient Gateway.

rare_candy_bracelet and Sir_Djak like this.
  16. MrsGuu

MrsGuu Phantasmal Quasar

Windows 10
    Stable 1.3.3

Alphard Nexus
    - Fiery Star -
    y -60336044

Planet I - Inconceivable (Magma)
    Planet II - Inconceivable (Volcanic)
    Planet III - Inconceivable (Scorched)
    Planet IV - Inconceivable (Volcanic)
    Plnaet V - Inconceivable (Volcanic)

>Planet III -> Human Prison / Glitch Castle / Geode Biome / Decayed Biome (very much Deadbeats!::nuruhype: ) / Human Camp / Midnight Biome / Bioluminescene Biome

Doppledae Threshold
    - Radioactiv -
    y -140286992

Planet I - Dry Grassland
    Planet II - Snow
    Planet III - Alien (Mutated)
    Planet IV - Ocean

>Planet II - Human Prison / Avian Grounded Village / Prism Biome (I found the complete furniture set) / Alpakas

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  17. Flirtyfloran

Flirtyfloran Starship Captain

Does anyone know where i can find a Human campsite on a tier 1-3 planet.

18. GriffinO1

GriffinO1 Astral Cartographer

Does anybody know the location (or a least a planted with) a relatively flat Spring Biome? I want to colonize it.

19. universalist23

universalist23 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

does anyone know the hylotl ruined castle coordinate in frackin universe ??

20. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Is this considered good?
    upload_2019-3-17_17-54-24.png
    The first one gives me chills and the fact that it's oceanic (F.U.)