Modding Help Anatomy of staff code/script?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by NemiTheNen, Feb 23, 2018.

1. NemiTheNen

NemiTheNen Void-Bound Voyager

Working on Baby's first mod, I keep get sidetracked working on animations and stuff, because I've semi hit a wall with the scripting.

I hate the watering can. I hate it. But I have an Electric Rain staff. I unpaked the files and started digging through copying the files over---then moving them once I realized the copies were causing the game to crash.

Anyways, I've already modded the projectiles (the rain cloud and rain respectively, not sure how to test them yet), but I've hit a wall dealing with how to put together the staff. I'm using teslastaff.activeitem as a base, but, oh I run into things like element type and just general baby flailing around like an idiot and...stall out.

Once I figure it out I kinda want to try my hands at making a mod pak of practical magic items, like a glowing scoutseye--with control projectile if I can swing it. Or just a temporary light source period that you can shine inside material.

2. Dakrhunter30

Dakrhunter30 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't quite understand, so you are using the teslastaff as base and want to summon your electry Rain projectile. Am i right?
    About the crashes, it may help if you could send the log file.

3. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

4. NemiTheNen

NemiTheNen Void-Bound Voyager

No, I wanted to make a new projectile that summoned water rain, not electric rain. Then maybe make a set of ultility based spells.

As to the crash, I said I figured it out right there in the OP and fixed it.

Hah, yes, that looks good. Alas, I don't do steam, and I'm kinda getting lost in the game due to Frackin