RP Dungeons and penguins

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jake9039, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Redacted Revenant

Redacted Revenant Scruffy Nerf-Herder

He looks at both of you and takes a step back.
    "I was doing some adventuring, planning to defeat this dark wizard guy. All of the sudden I'm hit with something and next thing I know I'm here, tied up. As mad as it sounds, there was a talking penguin guarding my gear. I broke free, knocked the penguin out and took my things. I had been walking around, exploring this place when a hole open up beneath me. I fell into it, everything went black for a few seconds, now I'm here. Your turn."

themushroomlord likes this.
  2. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

"Wow, that sounds pretty much the same as what happened to us, and we saw one of our... 'aquaintance', get consumed by the floor as well, though due to unfortunate circumstances he was missing a limb and unconscious at the time..."

Phann dramatically spins her weapon before laying it to rest by her side. (Rolled a natural 20! + 5 performance = 25, so including the fact that it's on fire it is probably pretty impressive).

((Also why is it that my highest roll as of yet in this campaign has been to show off?))

3. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

as you spin your weapon, you notice the sound, well, more of the feeling of extremely large footsteps coming from directly above you.you realise 2 things now.first, it's a multilevel complex. Second, the penguin s have something fairly big patrolling up there.

4. Redacted Revenant

He nods, impressed by your display.
    "The fire's a nice touch. Wherever we are we seem to have similar goals, so how 'bout we get outta here.

5. dieselriley

dieselriley Void-Bound Voyager

Are any of you interested in joining a campaign Jake9039 and I are co-dming? Its via discord rather than this forumn.

6. Jake9039

As you start walking down the hallway, you step on the far pressure plate, and the door at the end opens, however, the moment you step off the plate, the door closes.

7. themushroomlord

I'm gonna grab the bar from the other door and use it to hold the door open.

8. Jake9039

As you prop the door open, you notice 2 penguin s standing there, but then they run off out of view. Looking up, you notice a large room, and inside, there are small piles of loot in the corners, and a penguin standing on top of each of them. These penguins notice you. Everybody roll initiative.

9. Redacted Revenant

I rolled a 21.
    (Roll:18+Dex:+3=21)

10. themushroomlord

11. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

11 with modifiers.

12. BlazingPaladin

BlazingPaladin Void-Bound Voyager

((Sorry I was gone!)) I wake up and exit the room just as the penguins notice the others. Because of my injuries, I hang back, trying not to be noticed by either parties.

13. themushroomlord

((He lives!))

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  14. Jake9039

the order in wich this goes is EthanMWG, the purple dragon, penguins, then the mushroom lord. blazing paladin left the combat. sorry for the loss of posts, alerts failed me.

15. BlazingPaladin

BlazingPaladin Void-Bound Voyager

If things get too bad I'll jump in with a sneak attack. I am the rogue, anyway.

16. Redacted Revenant

I cast firebolt on the nearest penguin. After attacking I take cover if there's any available.
    Attack roll:21
    (Roll:14|Mod:+7)
    Damage roll: 7 fire damage

17. Jake9039

You duck into the room, and throw a fireball at one of the penguins. It hits, and the penguin(decidedly penguin 1) seems extremely bloody.

P1:7dmg
    It's the purple dragon's turn.

18. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

I move towards the undamaged penguin, using my action to attack it with my short sword.
    13+5= 18 attack
    3+3= 6 damage
    If the attack hits, I can then use my bonus action to attack with an unarmed attack.
    10+5= 15 attack
    2+3= 5 damage

19. Jake9039

You got one of the 4 penguins with your shortsword, but miss the punch as it slides past you, and the 4 penguins start sliding down, they go for your knees,and attack with their bladed fins, dealing 8 damage. This knocks you unconscious, but not dying.
    P1:7dmg
    P2:6dmg,
    Mushroom lord, your turn

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  20. themushroomlord

Phann's going to run at one of the penguins that attacked Kerime and swing at it with her glaive from 10 feet away, I think she already reactivated her crimson rite since it went out but if not she ignites her glaive first as a bonus action.

(I rolled a 14 + 4 = 19 to hit, and a deal 6 + 2 = 8 slashing and 2 fire damage, if it hits.)

I would also like Phann to yell at the penguins in primordial telling them to "f**k off".