RP Dungeons and penguins

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jake9039, Feb 6, 2018.

1. dieselriley

dieselriley Void-Bound Voyager

I do realize that covering something in fire tends to heat it up, as I happen to be an intelligent person. If you were to ask Matthew Mercer, the creator of the Bloodhunter, if the crimson rite of flame did heat up the blade, you would get the actual answer. The way I think about it is that the crimson rite of flame is similar to a flame tongue sword, it doesn't heat up the weapon as that would lead to issues while wielding it, it just creates magical flame. The key word there being magical, as some magic flame actually doesn't heat things up, oddly enough. But I am glad to know that you are involved in pen and paper dnd as I was under the impression no one here actually knew what they were doing, but I don't see how there would be any fewer arguments. And while this isn't bad, yes, but it is faaaarrrrr too slow paced.

2. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

To retcon him out, he and all his gear have sunk into the floor, never to be seen again. You do have a feeling that this will come back to haunt you later. However, back to the matter at hand, the only way out is what appears to be a trapped hallway, with 3 pressure plates(one near each doorway, and one in the middle) and a slot in the right wall.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    themushroomlord likes this.
  3. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

Phann is going to turn to Kerime, "well then, so much for him being a distraction. Unless you want to fight me I think it would be best I we were off now, it seems the room eats people..."

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  4. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

"Most wise, I must say. Three are several pressure plates outside, so wait until I talk to you."
    Kerime then steps outside and throws her shortsword handle first into the pressure plate in front of the door to set it off.

5. Jake9039

It appears to be linked to the door, as it attempts to open more than it was, as it seems to have been jammed mostly open previously, and it opens entirely now, and a rod is found in the bottom of the doorway.

6. themushroomlord

Phann will walk up to the door and step throrugh, and examining the room.

7. Jake9039

The hallway seems mostly empty, other than the 3 pressureplates and the slot on the wall. One of the pressureplates has been
    pressed.

8. The Purple Dragon

Kerime does the same with the other pressure plates, stepping away as she sets them off.

9. Jake9039

All goes fine, until you step on the center one. Roll dexterity

10. The Purple Dragon

8 + 3 = 11 or my roll.
    If I'm using acrobatics then it's 13

11. Jake9039

As soon as you hear it click, you jump back, and a large laser misses you by mere millimeters it soon deactivated after a few seconds.

12. The Purple Dragon

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."
    Kerime investigates the slot in the wall.

13. Jake9039

(Since you didn't roll perception, I'll do an automatic roll, but if you are looking at/for something, please roll a perception check, it'll get smoother as we go along) the slot seems to have five tubes in it, each one has a relatively large blue gem inside of it.(if you want to grab it, you can do a dexterity check)

14. themushroomlord

"What you got there?"

Phann is going to walk up and grab at one of the objects. (If I need to roll can you do so for me?)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  15. Jake9039

(You got a 17 total)
    You reach in, and grab a rather large sapphire out of one of the three tubes.

16. themushroomlord

"I wonder how much I can sell this for...", I would like to try and assess the sapphire.

17. Jake9039

It appears to be worth 300g as a spell component, but it is cracked so it may be worth less to a jewler.
    Talking about spells, at this time you notice a person pop out of the walls
    @EthanMWG

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  18. Redacted Revenant

Redacted Revenant Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The person appears to be an, at least partially, human male. They have reddish brown hair and blue eyes. They're dressed in red and yellow commoners clothes. Immediately after appearing they look around, confused.
    "How what the!"
    They freeze for a moment when they see you.

19. The Purple Dragon

"Hello? Who are you and what are you doing here?" Kerime seems hostile, with her shortsword at the ready.

20. themushroomlord

"The walls give birth as well! This place is really weird!" Phann will take a step back, positioning herself out of arms reach of the newcomer, and herself readying her weapon, though with morse with laidback caution and mild bemusement than Kerime.