RELEASED Custom Animal Breeds Toolkit (V0.6.1.2: Now with Lite Mode)

Discussion in 'Modding Tools' started by Lavapulse, Mar 31, 2016.

1. HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

That's not where it goes, from what I understand. Check out this image, see if it helps you Untitled.png

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Haha, that really doesn't help me... 'cause that's what my folder looks like xD
      I dumped the XNB node folder into the main game directory, I didn't actually remove the files from the folder.
      Still, it's still not working. I might try again on my day-off.

• gwynhefar

gwynhefar Void-Bound Voyager

So, for people having problems with only being able to launch the light version *and* if you have the game installed anywhere other than C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley, I have finally figured out how to make it work. It was mentioned a bit earlier but I figured I'd lay out the steps I used to fix the problem:

1. Go to the location where you have Stardew Valley installed and make a copy of the "Stardew Valley" folder.
        2. Now go to C:\Program Files (x86)\
        3. Create a new folder and call it "steam".
        3a. Go into that folder and create a new folder called "steamapps".
        3a1. Go into *that* folder and create a new folder called "common".
        3. Finally, go into the new C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ folder that you just created, and paste in the "Stardew Valley" folder that you copied earlier.
        4. Now go back to your main Stardew Valley folder and run the toolkit. Brava! It works.

If you don't have the hard drive space to copy the full Stardew Valley folder into a new location, there is another, more difficult way to do it. Email me at gwynhefar @ gmail dot com and I'll walk you through it if necessary.

Now, if you are having the problem with not being able to run the full version and your game is already installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley then I can't help you :-(

Gwyn

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Why you do this to me? :cry:

Now I'll have to live without my new chickens. xD

A big thanks to UlithiumDragon. Removing the files from the folder and dropping them directly on the game's directory did the trick.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
          • karlcunningham

karlcunningham Space Spelunker

Is this possible with a Mac?

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

If it is then I'm not sure how it would be set up. The mod author has gone mostly silent, so any updates to get it working for Mac (assuming it doesn't already) would have to be picked up by someone new. I'm not too familiar with Mac, but I can try to troubleshoot as much as possible

• Forestswing

Forestswing Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much. Because of you, this only took me an hour to figure out instead of days. ^_^

HopeWasHere and Minakie like this.
                • Amburr

Amburr Phantasmal Quasar

Is there a certain limit to how many breeds you can have? After so long I keep getting an Unhandled Exception of "The file name is too long" I am not making ginormous named files, and the folder is set to my desktop to prevent this...

Attached Files:

• freevortex

freevortex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just so we're clear- this tool does not insert these new breeds as purchaseable/randomly occuring breeds in-game, does it? As far as I can tell, it just allows you to change animals you already own into the new breeds. Am I missing something?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

You're not missing something. Currently, it's not really possible to add entirely new breeds into the game, just edit the existing ones. For example, I added alpacas as new sheep, roosters as new chicken and turkeys as new ducks. But the game still recognises them as being just that - sheep, chicken and ducks.

• Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

It's probably not something we're ever gonna be able to do, either, since it would require injecting new data into save files, or altering how to existing data is written (something that's VERY hard if not impossible to do with mods).

• Kittni

Kittni Void-Bound Voyager

Just adding to this in case anyone runs into the same issue - if you want to add a breed it needs to be included in both the Animals folder in this new C:\ directory in addition to the original directory you use to run the game - so in my case I need the new .xnb files in both my C:\ and D :\ drives. If you don't do this your game will just keep returning to the title screen when you try to load your save.

lexiejetts likes this.
                          • XanWasting

XanWasting Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, making this toolkit do what I wanted it to do was pure hell with CBT NTR open lacerations bile bath, but it's SO worth it. You've got my respect for making this work, lavapulse.

edit: ok, it actually doesn't work for me just yet.
                            sigh. Man, it's stuff like this that really makes me apprecieate how easy bethesdas games are to mod. Hell, if so inclined, i'm pretty sure it'd be possible to make stardew valley in skyrim/fallout, save for 8bit style.
                            But well, here we are, me trying to make shit work without even really undestanding it for 2 hours now at least, I don't even want to thing how much work lava had to pour into making this toolkit, and all this just for making animals have different sprites at the same time.

Final ( I hope) edit:
                            Finally got it working. For anyone who's struggling, just expand and read the error messages the tookit spits at you. In my case there were no animal xnb's or farmanimal.xnb in the toolkit/saved data/extracted/ folder, so I extracted them by hand, found a working farmanimals.xnb, pasted all this into the folders and it works like magic now.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
                            • Djpuppyandfriends

Djpuppyandfriends Void-Bound Voyager

hello i'm a non steam user could you help me with the install configuration thing i'm a newbie at this stuff :rofl: and i have no idea what that is

• fdg21

fdg21 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i dont mod so , will this automatically install any animal mods that have already been made to your game file?

• ZeGauntlet

ZeGauntlet Big Damn Hero

I cannot get this to work for me for anything. I've been at it for hours now and no luck. I have tried xnb_nod 2.2 and 2.1 in SDV steam directory with the toolkit on the desktop and in the SDV folder and within the xnb_node folder too and still nothing.
                                  I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not. It opens fine but it won't let me edit anything, there's not even any options to edit anything and I'm not sure if that's the LITE version or not because I haven't been able to get it to show anything else.
                                  http://picpaste.com/2-Y7hR9pqe.png
                                  http://picpaste.com/1-ffEuHzye.png

Edit: I've been following the other comments and those don't work either. T_T
                                  [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
                                  • CreatureCola

CreatureCola Space Hobo

Trying to use TotallyTubularToolkit basically works... kinda... accept i only see " save editor " and " farm animals " there is no option for " new breed / install breed " like it shows in the pictures here https://community.playstarbound.com...s-toolkit-v0-6-1-2-now-with-lite-mode.112153/
                                    I can't figure out how to " extract " the XNBNode thing so it works, i downloaded it, its there, but i can't do anything with it : s i guess thats why TTTkit doesn't fully work?? I'm not able to do a lot of reading, so i need to be shown how,video with voice works best.

I could really use some help. If someone can give me a straight forward step by step with visuals, maybe send me an email so i actually see the message? lol royboykitty@hotmail.com

• Fooxyi

Fooxyi Space Hobo

OMG it really worked!! love you guy

• menarin

menarin Intergalactic Tourist

I have everything installed and running properly, but it is not loading any of the animals I have purchased in the game in order for me to edit them.

The farm animals tab shows all the breeds are installed correctly after i click the "Load FarmAnimals" button, but when I go under the "Save Editor" tab, there is nothing below the "Load Save File" and "Save File" tabs, only an empty box.

This is really weird? Am I doing something wrong? I have xnb node installed correctly and everything. Just wondering why it wont load my animals for me to edit them.

Any help would be appreciated! animaltab.png save editor tab.png

• gwynhefar

gwynhefar Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having some odd behavior - I recently cleaned out my animals folder (I had too many and some were accidental repeats). I deleted all the xnb files and uninstalled the breeds through the toolkit. When I reloaded some of them were gone, but others are still there no matter what I seem to do. Not sure where it's getting the data - I made sure I don't have any saved games that are using the old breeds. Any ideas?