RELEASED Hope's Mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by HopeWasHere, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Klewi123

Klewi123 Aquatic Astronaut

Hi...I would love to use the hat mod, but I can't see the hats in the Item Spawner :catface: ( I have the newest versions of all required mods)

Other comments, where people had the same problems, did not really helped me...I copied both files in the places, they should go in etc. but it is still not working :/

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Well, I can try to troubleshoot with you. Where do you have the two hat files saved?

• Klewi123

Hi :) thanks for the quick reply :3

I copied the "big" file hats.xnb in farmer to replace the file there and the "small" hats file in the data folder.

HopeWasHere likes this.
        • HopeWasHere

That sounds like it was done right, but it's hard to say. Are you able to unpack the files to see which is which?

• Klewi123

unfortunately I can't :/ I don't have the programm used for it (And I am afraid to install it (xnb node) cause my antivirus marks it as virus and deletes some files of it >.< )

somebody wrote in a post before, that a png file in the "small" xnb file could cause problems but as I can't unpack them I can't look inside :/

• HopeWasHere

A png file in the small xnb? That should be the case... The smaller one should be the data file and the larger one should be the hat images. Here are two new xnbs, I'm not sure if they will do anything different for you, but if they do let me know

Attached Files:

• Klewi123

Thank you for the new files - it is still not working >.< I don't know why q.q perhaps the Item spawner is the problem here, I am not sure >.<

HopeWasHere likes this.
                • HopeWasHere

That is odd... Maybe there's another mod that's conflicting with the xnb files? Like xnb loader maybe? When you go into the item spawner, what do you see? Is there a blank space where a hat should be, or is it like they aren't in the game at all?

• Klewi123

hmm, I don't use xnb loader, so I am not sure

In the Item Spawner the hats don't appear at all, as if they were not in the game (I attached a screenshot)

20180216061923_1.jpg

HopeWasHere likes this.
                    • HopeWasHere

With everything installed it the right place I'm not sure what's wrong... I'll keep digging and let you know what I find out

• Klewi123

I solved the problem - it was that I am playing SDV in german - I just had to rename and overwrite the "small" hat file in "hats.de-DE.xnb" and the hats showed up in the spawner :D

Thank you for your support :3

HopeWasHere likes this.
                        • HopeWasHere

Oh! I didn't realize you were playing in another language! I'm glad you got it figured out, I'll plan an update that has all of the language versions in the folder so people can avoid it in the future :)

Klewi123 and anothersarah like this.
                          • dvd0801

dvd0801 Void-Bound Voyager

Can solve the problem that hats can appear in all languages? Waiting for you for a long time

• HopeWasHere

With the new update coming, this mod will be broken, so I've been waiting till Content Patcher allows for Farmer edits to update files, but I do want you to be able to play with it while it's still working. So here is a zipfile of Hat Data xnbs that are named with the different langue tags. None of them are translated, just a copy and paste if the English one with different file names.

To install, drag and drop these files into your Content/Data folder and replace. But again, this mod is going to break with the next update, so keep backups of everything

Please let me know if this quick fix works, if it does I'll put in on the main page

Attached Files:

• Heather36782

Heather36782 Master Chief

I would love to try to my hand at hairstyles, but I am no artist by any means. However, I still want to at least try? Can you please give me the basics as to how wide they need to be and how to be placed on the template? Some hairstyles are really short and the one beside is really long so they don't "line"up on the grid, but they work. Maybe I am overthinking it...Please help. I have tried to merge them on my own and sometimes, it is okay with one hairstyle but it usually ends with me thinking they are lined up, but the farmer has a lopsided hairdo.:oops:

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                • HopeWasHere

No worries at all! I would love to help you out :)
                                  It sounds like you have my templates, but I've included them here in case you don't. Hair can't be wider or longer than the box, and some hair in the front can get messed up because of the way the game draws the arms. If you want, you can private message me with your hairstyles so I can better see what the problem is and attempt to help :)

Attached Files:

Elrohir_of_Rivendell likes this.
                                  • melvinam

melvinam Void-Bound Voyager

hello.. i made this account just to ask...... the accessory facial hairs dont show up as the hair color, they just show up as grey. i would like to know if theres any fix for this..? from what i can tell i installed everything correctly, but the colors on the facial hairs just arent matching up. thank you in advance!

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                    • Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

You probably would have to manually color them by unpacking the XNB, coloring the facial hair how you want and repacking.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                      • HopeWasHere

I'm not sure why this is doing this, when I first made the mod it worked as intended... I'll keep poking around to see if I can fix it but until then I would say that recoloring is your best bet, sorry!

Sugar-Fable likes this.
                                        • HopeWasHere

Hello anyone who cares!

I'm sorry I've been inactive, full time job is kicking my butt. I made a little something for fun and didn't know how else to share it, so here it is.
                                          I made some super feminine legs for GetDress/Kisekae. They aren't 100% tested, I've been working on it here and there. There are a few animations that might need fixing, and new pants/shorts/skirts will probably have to be made to make it look perfect (which I'm working on, but they're a pain in the butt to make), but for now things work pretty well. I'm also working on some shirts for the CustomShirts mod, and probably going to make a Hat version with some new hat ideas I had, but who knows when I'll get around to that...

Anyway, here are the legs you can try, you have to drop it into the overrides folder of either mod and change the config to allow for more "shoe" options. Let me know if you have any trouble with it. And hey, if anyone wants to take a crack at fixing some of the animation or pants/shorts/skirt issues be my guest. One of the problems I think I've fixed, but might need more work, is that the back of the leg pops out of the shorts and small skirts sometimes, but it's not a big deal.

A final note, as will all my stuff, you're free to edit it however you would like :)

P.S. If anyone is interested in the beta shirts I'm trying to put together for CustomShirts, let me know and I'll post. Otherwise they'll just come out in a big package (I still can't wrap my head around how to do them, or content patcher... I guess I just need to really buckle down and figure it out)

Attached Files:

putaytoe and breatemata like this.