Summer Sardines?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BentFX, Feb 13, 2018.

1. BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

The wiki, and my experience says Sardine don't show up in Summer. It also says the Help Wanted requests ask for items that are "...from the current season."

It's Summer 17 and Emily is asking for Sardine. Is she living in a different hemisphere, or does Willy maybe have a secret fishing hole out back, like Caroline's little garden that produces Spring crops year round?

EmilySardine.jpg

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

This is why you hoard everything! :)

Seismothesaurus and ladymurasaki like this.
      • La Chair

La Chair Big Damn Hero

The weirdness is when Willy asks you to catch a fish out of season. You would think he would be aware of the seasons for fish.

ChaosAzeroth and Seismothesaurus like this.
        • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I can't hoard everything, because then the game would be too much like my life and I'd lose interest. :D

ChaosAzeroth and ladymurasaki like this.
          • ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

i hoard fishies they've asked for before...which they don't ask for ever again. The "show me ore/rocks/etc you got today" ones annoy me. I have 2000 branches, gimme my reward! Can't throw it on the ground and pick it up again to pretend you gathered it today on the Switch.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

The Help Wanted board has been a source of amusement for years, and generated at least a few threads. Most boil down to, "X would like Y for Z" where Y and Z are compatible only in a land inhabited by Salvador Dali or Emperor Norton, such as "Shane would like a copper nugget to warm his back." I suspect CA has kept the system in place just as it is because of how amused players are.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I saw "Sebastian wants Quartz to rub on his sore gums." That's probably the only upside to gingivitis, is Quartz is always in season, and I had it, and I DELIVERED! Take that, you hermit nerd(with poor dental hygiene.)

• Phea

Phea Big Damn Hero

Wait, Caroline has a garden that produces spring crops?!

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I'm fairly sure it's Caroline that will randomly mail Parsnips and Cauliflower all times of the year. She says it's from her little garden out back.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I got a potato from her yesterday. She's quite the 'budding' little farmer. :)

ChaosAzeroth and BentFX like this.