1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

well dang that sucks

4. Kokito

Kokito Orbital Explorer

i have BUG stating my game with FU.

This Error:
    "Caused by: (AssetException) Error loading asset /tiles/fuclassicnopaint.config"

here the log.

https://pastebin.com/jYLgtfst

Plz. can't start my game :(

5. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

sayter did you take off the blue node from the adv xenolab some updates ago, or was it always not there? i ask because i remember being able to make it automated both ways putting seeds into it then pulling the genes out.

6. Kokito

Kokito Orbital Explorer

guys. seriously. i'm following instruction provided yet the game crashes on start.
    where is the .pak version? or a stable version maybe.
    everytime I start the game it crashes

my mods are:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

If you actually followed directions, you would note that the directions say to post your starbound.log in pastebin and link it here. Giving us a screencap of your mods directory doesn't tell us anything, neither does "it crashes on startup".

There are probably 10 million+ reasons why the game could crash on startup, and that only gets worse for the more mods you have (Which is quite a lot of mods).

So yes, we need starbound.log in pastebin to help you.

EDIT: Is this the same error as above? My apologies, didn't notice that you posted twice. Lemme look at it...

Okay, go into FrackinUniverse\Tiles\

And tell me if the file

fuclassicnopaint.config exists in there, and if it does, pastebin the contents of that file. You likely have a corrupt download.

Also, one of your mods (containeruitweak.pak) is causing a lot of errors, might want to get rid of that.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

9. Kokito

Kokito Orbital Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

did check it. wasn't there. now it's back (reinstalled)

Game oesn't crash anymore.
    Now started a new char. runs ok ...but noticed that the Rope item it's not working.
    it doesn't throw the line. nothing. Start looking at the wiki of FU to see if it was disabled as a mechanic but nope. nothing. don't know how to check that error. or show it to you it's not throwing anything. :/
    game without ropes it's like really hard for new characters lol so got tired.

Another thing I noticed on another char is that the Quest for the Dash ability was bugged. Eliot wasn't giving me any Dash Tech :/

IF you know how can I investigate this bugs or errors would be of great help.

UPDATE:

-I Tested every mod. one by one. removing them till only FU remained. Nothing. Rope still bugged.
    -Cleaned the game. completely. new install.
    -tested all mods again on a new char. ..STILL BUGGED.
    the issue is the Rope Item. it's not launching anything. no sounds nothing. IS THERE A NEW ITEM FOR THE ORE, ON FU?
    IM REALLY TIRED : Don't know what to do :(

UPDATE2: I SOLVED IT! WOOHOO!!!

-Started with a new cleaned game. New install.
    -added (last version available. atm is 5.6.1932) FU first. (bugged version was 5.6.192)
    -started the game.
    -TEST new character. tested rope. All working.
    -closed game.
    -added all remaining mods. all mods
    -copied all my Chgar from bugged version to new installed game (whole "Storage" Folder).
    -stated the game with my main Char. ALL WORKING!. ..even the DASH Quest worked.

sorry for the spam. hehehe if this helps anyone, i'll be glad.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

@Kokito : Well, looks like sayter just updated again, maybe that was part of the aforementioned derp?

I've been too busy to actually play Starbound lately, so I can't tell you if the rope issue was occurring here too. I suggest updating FU and see if it still happens.

Wish you best of luck!

13. Kokito

Kokito Orbital Explorer

yep seems like it was giving problems last update. this one is working normally. THANKS AGAIN.

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

np! glad to hear you got it to work in the end!

16. The_Holo

The_Holo Void-Bound Voyager

Would it be possible in the future to maybe increase the slots in the ITD's from 5 items to 10 or 15?
    I'm totally in love with the itemnetwork, but still like to keep things sorted in their respective storages, and also I always prefer to have ore/bars in their own storage so currently I have like 13-15 ITD's filled with the variants of ores and bars to pull from a crafting items container into a dedicated ore/bar container and it's a hellofamessy wiring. Or possibly have ore/bars their own category somehow?

17. The_Holo

The_Holo Void-Bound Voyager

Also. just updated from older version, and learned Storage Bridge V2, but not the Capacity Sensor, where is that learnt from? :s

After trying to find where it is learned and crafted from in the files , is the Capacity Sensor even available in game?
    I just can't find any items that teaches that craft.

(I'm really hyped about this item since I think it does something I have been wanting for a long time!
    (if it moves full stacks of items somewhere else))

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  18. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Haven't played Starbound in a while and am loving all the updates! I just have one question though.

Can sand type blocks be made to be affected by the two grav liquids? Making them glow the liquid's color and then either fall faster at a rate that they not only suffocate you but do projectile damage as well or fall in the opposite direction of gravity.

19. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Dunestalk and Bolbohn won't grow properly. The seeds keep vanishing and the tray stops working.

20. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

Are you putting good quality fertilizer in the trays? You should be using at a minimum algae, since it reduces seed consumption by 1 and increases yield by 1-2. No fertilizer = useless hydroponic/growing tray. Because it will consume more seeds than it can reproduce.

Limbom likes this.