Modding Help Adding Custom Maps

Discussion in 'Mods' started by NomadMods, Feb 1, 2018.

1. NomadMods

NomadMods Tentacle Wrangler

Dudes and dudettes, so far I've found only 1 mod that should make it easier to add custom locations to the game.
    I wanted to hear if you had any opinions about the best way to add a small village and what would be required to make it in such a way that updates won't be able to break it.
    My problem is mostly programming, but I'm guessing I'm gonna need to do it anyway.

Any suggestions as to what would be the safest/easiest solutions ?

Also do these look fitting to the basegame portraits or do I have tunnel vision ?
    ( And why can't I remove these broken links? )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There is no 100% perfect way to update-proof a mod.

If you use AdvancedLocationLoader for your expansion, I can promise (As the author) that I am at least trying to keep old location mods functional, but if a major change is made in SDV, even I might be forced to stop supporting ancient mods simply due to game limitations.

• NomadMods

NomadMods Tentacle Wrangler

I figured, given your history in the modding community, that your mod would probably be the best choice. Although I was thinking if it was possible to add seperate maps that the player could teleport to, by using a custom object like the totems or the obelisks you can purchase from the wizard. But like you said, I don't know what or if major changes are planned that could even undo that.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Adding a custom object is doable, but somewhat difficult - CA didnt really plan for modding in any way...