Stardew Valley Collector's Edition PS4 (1-2 Players) False Advertising?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Core743, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Core743

Core743 Space Spelunker

I've recently purchased the Stardew Valley Collector's Edition from GAME. At the back of the case, it states the game is up to 2 players. I've asked the people in the store and checked with sony's regulations, if it has the 1-2 players symbol, then it should be multiplayer. However, I could only find the singleplayer mode. Can you please clarify this?

[​IMG]

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Premature, yes. False, no.

Multiplayer is in beta testing and expected for release shortly. While announcing that on the box for a feature still in development might be sketchy, it's not deliberate deception. CA is currently on-track to release the multiplayer update in Q1 of this year. (Estimated March or April would be my guess.) Multiplayer is currently planned for up to four players, so the listing of 'two' is inaccurate anyway...

• Core743

Core743 Space Spelunker

That's what I thought. Very sketchy indeed. I know it was probably not deliberate, but it's considered false advertising. Since the game was open, it's not refundable. However, due to the circumstances of it not being multiplayer as advertised, let's hope they accept it and clear any other boxes from the shelf.

Thanks for letting me know.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Ummm... that doesn't look like the actual Stardew Valley game, and the Chucklefish logo doesn't have the spikes around the big pufferfish, and 505 Games is not associated with this project... meaning it looks like a finely crafted clone instead of the real deal. Plus the graphics don't look like they do in the actual game.

I think this is scamzorz, because there isn't a 'collectors edition' of the game.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Err, in fact, there is: https://blog.chucklefish.org/stardew-valley-collectors-edition-coming-to-xbox-one-playstation-4/

From Chucklefish's official blog last year.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

It’s EU only so thats why it looks strange. As for the multiplayer update I’m guessing late March since the official guidebook is coming in April and it covers the update.

• OwnageOwl

OwnageOwl Orbital Explorer

Same Disc Edtion here, bought it in the UK last year

• Core743

Core743 Space Spelunker

I've looked online and some of the unboxing videos also show the 1-2 player at the back of the case. So I'm assuming this isn't a recent thing.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

False advertisement or not, why does it only say 1-2 players? I thought up to four players could play together once multiplayer is released?

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

CA had intended to add splitscreen for the console editions but that feature was scrapped in favor of the upcoming expanded online multiplayer.

• JazzHepcat

JazzHepcat Seal Broken

Does that mean there won't be a split screen feature? I was considering buying the PS4 console version for my brother and his girlfriend so they could play together when multiplayer came out.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I have no idea to be honest.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Ahh, I see.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Sorry. Looks like split-screen is not currently in the plans.

https://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-multiplayer-news/
                              'Local multiplayer, split-screen and PVP are not planned at this point.'

I think people need to keep in mind-- Stardew Valley was developed by /one/ person who had never programmed a game before, and who pretty much self-taught himself every step of the way over several years. While the finished product has been wildly successful, no, it won't ever be as polished as something created by a professional team, and the original code was not designed for certain features. CA learned a lot on the way, and I have hopes he'll take his success forward when working on his next game.

nevyn21 likes this.
                              • MaGicBush

MaGicBush Void-Bound Voyager

: (. I came here to see if theres any word on splitscreen. I have the Xbox version. Very sad to hear.

• Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Nonsense. Stardew Valley has plenty of polish and its standards are quite high.

• Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

Btw, Eric Barone studied Computer Science, so he should have knowledge about how to code.
                                    And from my experience working in a field long enough doesn't make you automatically good at it. I worked in a software developement company and they always had not enough time and programmers so the code was crapy and not even close to polished.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Oh, hey Forest! I didn't see you over there for all the trees!

• w00tl00ps

w00tl00ps Subatomic Cosmonaut

Lilliput I am afraid I must strongly disagree in regards to the statement, "it won't ever be as polished as something created by a professional team". I felt Stardew Valley was perfect and a without noticeable flaw upon PC release. When I look at a 40 million dollar disaster such as Mass Effect: Andromeda which was developed by a triple A team with a huge publisher and professional well-known developing team (Bioware), I feel sufficient evidence is glaringly apparent as to how that statement is untrue. I am teasing you of course, but I just wanted to make the point that there has been some supremely triple A stinkers released by the mainstream lately that couldn't hold a candle to our beloved SDV. Another fine example would be the shoddily coded Assassin's Creed (or past few) just released, or the most recent Star Wars Battlefront.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                                        • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

*snerk* :giggle: