RP Dungeons and penguins

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jake9039, Feb 6, 2018.

1. dieselriley

dieselriley Void-Bound Voyager

Nope, picking it up was the action, so unless themushroomlord happens to be a 2nd fighter with an action surge, he cannot actually attack. Picking anything up is an object interaction which takes an action. I was referring to already having the weapon on his person, then he could draw it as a part of his movement.

2. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

You run at the penguin that has the bladed flipper, and cut off his head. It rolls to the other one, who looks very enraged. In it's rage it attacks(looking at the monster it has a bladed flipper too) and it attacks once and misses.

themushroomlord likes this.
  3. dieselriley

He couldn't have. Attacking is an action, but picking up an item is as well. Could someone in six seconds run to a weapon, pick it up, and then chop a head off? No

4. Jake9039

Okay, he has a sword but doesn't attack.

5. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

According to the side bar on page 190 of the PHB picking up items or weapons are free actions, that can be performed with both movement and an action, that said you're the GM and I don't particularly care as long as I have my glaive.

6. Jake9039

Void my last statement. You did attack the penguin it is deiselrileys turn right now

P1:1dmg, and unarmed
    p2:16 dmg and dead

7. dieselriley

Truly? Then I am blind.

8. dieselriley

I laugh, knowing that if I stay here, i am safe from the inevitable death by penguin

9. Jake9039

I accidentaly skipped purpledragon.

@The Purple Dragon sorry for skipping your turn, do you take an action?

10. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

I now try to get out of my bonds with slight of hand. I am at school so pls roll for me.

11. Jake9039

You got out of your binds. Any further free actions?

12. The Purple Dragon

I run at the remaining penguin and make two unarmed attacks, because I'm a monk.

13. Jake9039

By free actionactions such as yelling, picking up weapons, or making haand gestures.

14. The Purple Dragon

Oh, sorry. I just stay where I was.

15. Jake9039

Alright. The mushroomlord now
    P1:1 1dmg and unarmed

16. themushroomlord

I thought it was blazing paladins turn?

17. Jake9039

While it would be if he was awake, he is currently unconscious, and will wake up with 1 health returned at the end of combat.

18. themushroomlord

In that case, I would like to use my bonus action to use rite of flames reducing my hit point max by 1, before ranning to the remaining penguin and bring my glaive down upon it while cackling maddly. (Rolled a 19 to hit + 4 = 23 to hit, assuming that works I deal 10 + 2 = 12 slashing damage and 4 points of fire damage, it counts as magical fire damage if that matters).

(If only I had rolled a 20 there, then I would have rolled maximum on all three rolls and scored a crit... now I must cry)

19. Jake9039

As you bring down your glaive on the penguins head, blood and guts go everywhere. It's coating the walls, and on your head. Luckily, it has no impact on your performance, but it still is kinda gross.
    Just a recap of the room: it's rectangular, and kind of small. Your gear is in the center, and there is only one exit.anybody can attempt any action at any time now(within reason)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  20. themushroomlord

I'll check the penguin I killed for anything that might be useful or valuable.