RELEASED Hope's Mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by HopeWasHere, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ah, I was not aware there was a second issue involved, my mistake. :)

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

No worries :)

• RyuuInu

RyuuInu Big Damn Hero

Hello. For some reason when I use the bath mod it puts the whole cave in the top left instead of centered. Is there a fix?

EDIT: I read my stuff. Will wait for next version. I can't wait!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
        • HopeWasHere

Sorry the fix isn't out yet, I got a full time job out of the blue and it's taken all my modding time! But, just so you know, the fix is hopefully coming. If I still take too long then this is my public announcement that the assets (that are mine at least, can't speak for others) are free to use if someone wants to try and fix that dumb farm cave bug if I don't get too it soon.

Anyway, thanks for your interest! It's awesome to know people are wanting more :)

• Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Where do we install these mods?

• HopeWasHere

They are all installed a little differently, which one are you wondering about?

• DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks for the mods, I'm using several atm. I am having a slight issue after I downloaded the Big Garage w/Seasonal Immersion. I've used the seasonal immersion items before and usually have no issues, but for some reason my Tractor Mod ( by pathoschild) isn't having the garage change. I've placed the tractor house. xnb file into the content/buildings etc., all of the seasonal .png's are added into the seasonal immersion folders. Could someone give me a bit of advice on how to get it to show the garage part of the mod?

( the stable part shows up as the seasonal immersion part just fine.)

EDIT: I got it to work. The .png's have to go into the assets folder in the tractor mod, not in the seasonal immersion folders now, and be renamed to spring_garage.png etc to get it to work. having the .xnb in the buildings folder wasn't needed.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
                • HopeWasHere

Sorry I didn't get to you sooner! Yes, the latest update on the new TractorMod changed how the seasonal immersion works. I'll update my pages, thanks for the explanation!

DragonDreads likes this.
                  • LisDraconis

LisDraconis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there,
                    I have a little problem because I found your Toolkit recently and the light version works fine. But even with the XNB Node 0.2.2 instaled I just get the light version. I instaled it after this little guide I found: http://blog.lydocia.com/stardew-valley-how-to-add-more-animal-breeds-to-your-game/

I just want to use this mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/905?tab=description) and for it I need the full version. I apriciate every help.

(I'm from germany so my writing may have some mistakes. If so i apologice)

HopeWasHere likes this.
                    • HopeWasHere

Sorry about the Toolkit not working, I know a lot of others have had problems with it... I'm not sure why the full version isn't working for you, I could try to troubleshoot with you if you would like, but there is a newer mod that might be easier to use than the Toolkit.

There's been an update for the MorePets mod to allow for randomized breeds of livestock. In order to get the horses to work, you would name them after whatever animal you were planning to replace. For example, if you wanted the horse to replace a pig, you could name it BabyPig_1.xnb and/or Pig_1.xnb. Whatever animal or skin you use, it just needs to be named after the vanilla animal name, then underscore then whatever number is next in the line. With this method you are able to add as many different skins for as many different animals as you want, and when you go to buy the animal the skin is randomized based on which animal you bought. If that doesn't make any sense, let me know! I know it can all be confusing...

But, if you still want to use the Toolkit, that's fine too! We can troubleshoot and figure out why it's not going to the full version.

LisDraconis likes this.
                      • LisDraconis

LisDraconis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That is a great alternitive. I know the mod you linked but I didn't know that you can use the method for breedable animals, too. Thanks for the help. When I need more advice I will ask again. :)
                        I also wish you a very nice Christmas and wonderful Holy Days.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                        • Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A bit of an old thread but I love the fishing bowl! However, now that Custom Farming has been updated, it uses PyTK instead of Custom Element Handler, which means the fishbowl doesn't appear anymore in the craftables menu :( Will the cute fishie ever come back to us? I may just not update Custom Farming in the end. The only reason I even installed that was for the fishy.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
                          • KittehKatBar

KittehKatBar Void-Bound Voyager

If Hope permits I could make a CustomFurniture version quite easily.

HopeWasHere and Jokerine like this.
                            • HopeWasHere

That is a-ok with me!

I thought it still worked with PyTK, but I guess I haven't looked into it much. Do you like it being craftable, or do you just want it as furniture? Because I have a CustomFurniture "Pet" mod that goes with my Custom NPC mod I could release on its own if you don't care for it to be craftable

Jokerine likes this.
                              • KittehKatBar

Well here is the animated fish bowl as a customfurniture option, though it might be a bit redundant now if Hope releases the pets as a standalone heh. I did try to make -just- the bowl itself placeable but the animation didn't want to cooperate when the bowl was placed on surfaces, oh well...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
                                  HopeWasHere and Jokerine like this.
                                • Jokerine

Thanks, @KittehKatBar! :)

And @HopeWasHere, it would be fun to have a version without it being craftable! But I dunno - in that case would it be possible to place him anywhere and keep the animations, still? I just love the animations of the fishbowl and miss them greatly...

Thank you both! :)

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                  • HopeWasHere

Thanks for putting this together, and you were so quick too! I don't think it will be redundant, at least for a little bit. I'm not sure when I'll get around to releasing the other pets as stand alone, maybe when I add more to them. I'm open to suggestions and submissions too, so if there's an animal or something you want to see let me know!

With the current limitations with CustomFurniture items that are placed on other items don't really work (unless something has changed that I don't know about). So unfortunately for the animations to work that's the only option. However, if you have a piece of furniture you want to place it on, it can be edited to do so

KittehKatBar likes this.
                                    • KittehKatBar

I've been working on a custom furniture expansion pulling assets from the townie houses (though I've made a few of my own, including an animated ceiling fan!) so I've gotten pretty quick at it heh. I think I've got 60 pieces of furniture so far? Probably will end up with around 100.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                      • DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

I'm not sure why you all went through all this trouble. I just left custom event handler installed and moved the hopefishbowl folder into the machines folder of the Custom Farming redux mod and it worked fine. I could craft the fishbowl and place it just like I did before.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                        • Jokerine

Huh... I must've goofed somewhere, then. My bad, sorry! :(