1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Storyline twists?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Krunch, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krunch

Krunch Astral Cartographer

Do you think it would be cool if starbound had storyine twists like this.Say halfway through the game you run into what you think is the final battle. after going through a huge "dungeon" you meet a man in body armor. The man goes and takes off his helmet and you realiase its your former home planets leader! After he goes and tells you that realy it was him and his other evil mastermind friends who blew up the planet (or whatever happened to your planet) you realise your planet was more corrupt than you thought. After you duel with him he is almost defeated yet leaves at the last mineuet and sets the place to blow. later you escape the planet by some means before it blows up and here begins the rest of the story. So do you think there should be twists like that?

2. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Well, I love twists, but I'm not sure If it'd really fit with starbound. As far as i can tell it's not gonna really focus on story. But if it did, I think it'd be pretty cool.

xXSunSlayerXx likes this.
  3. pyrix

pyrix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They do have two people that are only writing the story. It should be pretty good.

4. GigaNova

GigaNova Cosmic Narwhal

Twist always are good in my opinion, but i dont realy know about a sandbox game.

Side quest would be like a twist, right?

5. zebri

zebri Master Chief

Twists always make things better. But only the mainstory should have such a thing, since that would
    trigger the most freelings, unlike a twist in an unimportant sidequest.

6. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Twist is that you are the person that destroyed your homeworld.

7. Jaber

Jaber Pangalactic Porcupine

No, <playername>, you are the demons!

8. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Nooo, obviously the twist is that the Legendary Hero you keep hearing about is your unborn son, and the Legendary bloodline is actually your wife's, who you've known since childhood. You decide to try and rescue your mother from the depths of the demon world, only to have her die at the last minute, and your eleven year old son destroys the Big Bad demon.

Breather likes this.
  9. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

That could actually be a good twist in the story.

10. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

and the twist is you're the demon.

11. Kewlan

Kewlan Star Wrangler

The twist could the that you destroyed your home world, as said above, and took a pill to forget it.
    The reason why was because some evil guy were on it but if you destroyed the planet you would have saved the universe
    but took the pill so you would forget that you also killed all your familly and all your friends!

12. Krunch

Krunch Astral Cartographer

Preety good ideas guys. keep it up!:up:

13. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Or maybe the twist could be that the entire universe is fictitious, and is part of some sort of video game!
    ...That would be really depressing.
    I hope my universe isn't fictitious! :C

Krunch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.