1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley SWITCH: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 11, 2017.

1. baosao74

baosao74 Seal Broken

Hi,

I'm having a game crash issue immediately after a wedding.

After the "But the future looks bright!" text comes up and I acknowledge it to make it go away, the game tries to load me up back at my house as it should be doing, but then the software is closed because of an error.

This happens every single time I load the game, and since the wedding is the beginning of the day, I can't try anything different before the start of the wedding.

Any one have this issue before or know how to fix?

Much appreciated!

gbutters19 and tenshinzo like this.
    • Lerfy

Lerfy Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having a Joy-Con issue - In handheld mode (I don't have a TV to test it in docked mode), every time I put the Switch in sleep mode/turn off the screen and then re-enter Stardew from there, it asks me to re-pair the Joy-Con by pressing L + R. Every single time. If I'm playing Stardew, then go to the home screen, then turn off the screen, then go back into Stardew from the home screen, it's fine. But if in Stardew itself, the aforementioned issue comes up. No other game (7+ I've tried it in) has done this, so it seems isolated. Anyone else? I don't see any other search results anywhere where anyone else has posted they have this issue as well :/

• HyperJ

HyperJ Void-Bound Voyager

So I guess support for this game has ended after just one patch? Pathetic Chucklefish. Just pathetic.

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

We're still reading reports and working on fixes for the multiplayer update. Thanks for the reports everyone, please continue!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
          • Simmili

Simmili Void-Bound Voyager

The game has now become completely unplayable for me on the switch.. Among other issues, I just can't plant anything anymore, when I plant something it just doesn't do anything... I get the little "planted" sound, the seed is no longer in my possession, BUT nothing on the ground.... I'm on my first year Winter...

• Katzeus

Which seed are you trying to plant specifically?

• Simmili

I just tried again with mixed seeds, caulifower seeds, strawberry seeds and sunflower seeds. None of them worked :(

• baosao74

baosao74 Seal Broken

I can't tell if you're trolling or not. You know certain seeds only grow during certain seasons? Cauliflower, for example, only grows in the spring. You can read the built in tool tip and it will tell you when the seed will grow.

It will never grow in the winter.

• baosao74

baosao74 Seal Broken

@Katzeus Any experience with this game crash issue?

After I load the game, the wedding immediately starts, completes as normal, and when the game tries to load me back up at my house, it crashes.

Can't try anything different because the game loads right into the wedding every time.

• Simmili

Thank you but I'm not an idiot, I have about 100 hours of playtime on steam, this is not my first time playing this game. I am aware that nothing grows in winter, however you can still plant things, they will just end up dead the following day, except for mixed seeds.

• Katzeus

Hmm, it sounds similar to an issue which was fixed last patch. Can you confirm you're running the most recent version (you're on switch I assume, that'd be 1.2.36). Also try checking the software for corruption (as outlined here).

If you're still having issues after that I'd be happy to escalate your issue to the developers for a closer look.
                        Yeah, I wasn't trying to shame you - I wanted to know the exact seeds so I could try and replicate. Either way they shouldn't leave your inventory and disappear. Let me escalate this one for developer investigation - thanks for the report.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
                        • Simmili

That reply wasn't for you, but for the guy that started saying I was just trolling.... So I tried with all the seeds that I had available and none of them worked : / Thank you for your reply, I hope it gets fixed soon, I guess I can still play without planting anything for this winter....

• baosao74

baosao74 Seal Broken

Yep. I'm on the Switch, running the latest version, and no corrupt data. Let me know if I need to submit anything or give any extra information to the Devs.

I wasn't trying to shame you either, I just wanted to make sure that wasn't the issue you were having. :p

• Simmili

Alright x'D sorry, I assumed you did :p

• Honey Buddha

Honey Buddha Space Hobo

I've had a bug that just appeared today when I opened up stardew Valley. I'm on day 27 of Summer, year 1. I woke up and my fireplace was gone. There were also extra textures on the right wall and my bed was missing. I went to the library and everything was pitch black and I could only see my character and Gunther.

I checked all other houses and they are all the same. I saved the game to see if anything would change but it was exactly the same. Hopefully it gets fixed soon... I've searched up to see if others are having problems and there are a few who have it as well but I didn't see a fix other than uninstalling and reinstalling

Attached Files:

• Katzeus

I've saw a couple reports like this right after the last update which were resolved by checking the software for corruption - have you tried that?

• Honey Buddha

Honey Buddha Space Hobo

I'll check right away! Thank you for putting a link. I'll check back here to see if it worked!! Thanks!

• Honey Buddha

Honey Buddha Space Hobo

It says there is no corrupted data and tells me to redownload the game. I don't have an SD card, so I'm not sure if I should go with it. Is there any other way to save my game data or will I have to start from scratch?

• baosao74

baosao74 Seal Broken

On the switch, you can delete the game and re-download. It keeps your save file. I've done it several times.

Instructions here: https://www.imore.com/how-delete-archive-and-reinstall-digital-games-nintendo-switch

• Honey Buddha

Honey Buddha Space Hobo