Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HimeSeira

HimeSeira Aquatic Astronaut

Hello, i have a very annoying bug

I have used the carry chest mod, which worked fine. But then I build the slime hutch and when i wanted to lay an egg into the slime incubator, my character "took" the incubator and it's now in the inventory, but i can't place it anywhere, can't move my mouse over it when i open the inventory, and when i move my mouse over it with inventory closed (in the tool bar) my game crashes.

Does anyone know a solution to that please? I'm already so far in the game don't wanna start over.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• MexicanTeemo

MexicanTeemo Void-Bound Voyager

Uhm... I need some help with this
      please

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• MexicanTeemo

MexicanTeemo Void-Bound Voyager

I deleted Skull Cave Saver and updated Platonymous Toolkit, still doesn't work. The crash happens at the ending of the day, just after saving, so the progress is saved but it stills closing. (I'll send the log btw).

• Standardheld

Standardheld Subatomic Cosmonaut

Due to getting this error in two different save files I felt to post here.

Things I noticed while error occured:
          • I had this error in an very old save file (from july 2017 but I loaded the save with current version of SMAPI and updated mods)
          • I have this error now in a new save file again
          • In both save files I had this error in summer season
          • I tested this earlier with my old save file and only using SMAPI (current version) without any mods ... same result
          Maybe this helps to find the issue. I'll hope this can be fixed soon. I want to play, but I can't because the game just closes before a new day starts (and it could save). Of course, error logs are attached below.

Update: Ok, so I tried to get over the crash error while I play without mods, without SMAPI, just the vanilla game and my savegame. It crashed again. Research online also showed me, this is a know bug(?) called sleep/save bug? I tried everything I could find to solve the problem (save file edit, save file surgery, sleep without any item in the inventory, put items in/out chest). Nothing worked and I didn't find another solution. Well, I guess I can't do anything here. I hope this will be fixed with the next game patch.

Thanks anyway, the whole community works hard on their mods and without them SDV wouldn't be so much fun. ^_^

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.4 beta is now available! This mainly fixes several bugs and compatibility issues, adds new events for save creation, improves JSON parse error messages, and overhauls SMAPI's input handling to support future features. The target release date is Wednesday, January 24th.

See:
            Feedback and bug reports are always appreciated to help catch issues before the official release. :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
            • giangng9

giangng9 Big Damn Hero

Hi,
              My game crash when I go to sleep at night. Its fine if I wake up and go to sleep immediately. It has only been happening since Fall. Thank you

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.4 is now available! This mainly fixes several bugs and compatibility issues, adds new events for save creation, improves JSON parse error messages, and overhauls SMAPI's input handling to support future features.

See:
                This is the last planned release before the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.3 beta. Feedback and bug reports are welcome. :)

Standardheld likes this.
                • giangng9

giangng9 Big Damn Hero

Thank you for replying so quickly. I also updated to SMAPI 2.4 and the problem still exists.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@giangng9 Here you go, this should fix the error. Your goats had an incorrect flag set for some reason.

Attached Files:

• giangng9

giangng9 Big Damn Hero

Thank you. It worked.

• subliminalintegrity

subliminalintegrity Void-Bound Voyager

so i cant figure out what i making my file crash. i am pretty sure all my mods are up to date. i just updated smapi (i hope that isnt an issue that is interfering with any of the mods) and as far as i can read in the crash file at smapi event log time [01:24:48 the game has an issue. from memory that is when i used a hot key to use the mod Crab Net, but the game keeps working fine it doesnt instantly close. it crashes when i go to bed. so im not sure what is causing the crash and any help or advice would be much appreciated

Attached Files:

• subliminalintegrity

this second file is if i go to sleep directly after starting the day. not sure if the second file helps or not

Attached Files:

• subliminalintegrity

took off all my mods and tried again doing nothing other then going directly to sleep. same result. before i removed the mods i tried reverting to smapi 2.3 to see if 2.4 was disagreeing with something, there was no change there either. so i am wondering if when i updated to smapi 2.4 something corrupted or now needs to be updated or replaced?

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@subliminalintegrity It looks like you accidentally attached giangng9's SMAPI log. Can you reinstall the same mods you had before, update to SMAPI 2.4, and post a fresh log after the error happens?

• subliminalintegrity

those are definitely my crash logs (giangng9's were labelled as Giang_175260610.zip and mine are SMAPI-crash.txt). i uninstalled everything. installed stardew, ran it without any mods or smapi it was fine, updated smapi to 2.4 for the second time, it ran fine, and then i reinstalled all my mods (minus seasonal immersion) and everything is going fine. if it crashes again after i reinstall seasonal immerson ill post the crash log.

• Kirara_lala

Kirara_lala Void-Bound Voyager

I have this error and im unsure what to do, i saw a similar error and you said something about audio. how do i fix??

Attached Files:

• this.jpg
                                      this.jpg
                                      File size:
                                      175.7 KB
                                      Views:
                                  Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.