Fire Emblem Campaign?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlazingPaladin, Jan 12, 2018.

?

Do you think it'll work?

1. Yea!

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. HeT!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. What does HeT mean?

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. BlazingPaladin

BlazingPaladin Void-Bound Voyager

I've been wondering if it would be possible to create something like a Fire Emblem game using the Campaign creator. Send me thoughts and ideas if this would work.

• ppm4587

ppm4587 Aquatic Astronaut

you have the problem that need a mod to change the aparence of al unit, to look like unique, and add at least a face image. + Others things of the saga. This is more the ancient Pancer General, in little, then is like Advance Wars but in medieval context.

• BlazingPaladin

True, and honestly I just made this post because of the grid based combat and a few other elements reminded me of FE. But, if a mod like that existed once it came out, then it might be a good possibility.

• 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If it work I'll definitely be playing this, but the remaining question is mod support : is this game supporting mods ? If the game is made in C++ it should but if not I don't know, also a mod sharing page like Skyrim and Fallout would be lit
          Edit : ok nevermind I just checked and there's mod support, does anyone know when the early access begin ?

• BlazingPaladin

I dunno, but I'm super hyped now that I know there's mods.
            EDIT: By super hyped I mean even more hyped because I was already really hyped.

• 777JackOfBlades

*Hype intensifies*

I also need an avian faction, I'm totally willing to learn how to make mod for this game, I did it for starbound and I'll definitely try on this one too.
              All hail Kluex !

Also : Tonauac commander , sleeping in the middle of the battle... magnificent !

• BlazingPaladin

If you figure out how to put in new factions then please tell me. I need the Glitch. Badly.

• 777JackOfBlades

This will probably take some time, I rarely succeed when the instruction are only written , I need to see it. So in short if someone succeed before me and put a tutorial with pics or a video out there I'll probably be able to understand better . I want to help but I'm bad at making the first step

• MongooseCalledFred

MongooseCalledFred Starship Captain

There has been no confirmation that they will have an early access period, and there might even have been confirmation that there won't be one. However, full release could be fairly close, considering that the release window got bumped from 2017. (And by fairly close, I mean 3 months or less.)

• 777JackOfBlades

I watched a podcast of a stream yesterday and got the confirmation there will be no early access. and that there was no ps4 version due to Sony...being Sony , you know refusing cross play with xbox and mod support (unless they can get money out of it, yes the creation club was their idea and bethesda took the bait)

MongooseCalledFred likes this.
                      • Bamboozler

Bamboozler Space Penguin Leader

This all just depends on how flexible modding is for this game. If something like this is available that would be amazing. I can't wait to see what people come up with.

• Kegdrinker

Kegdrinker Big Damn Hero

Do keep in mind that Advanced war originally was a test game of Fire Emblem to see if its core formula would interest gamers world wide, once they got the positive feedback about it they began shipping FE world wide, leaving AW behind once it fulfilled its purpose, Advance Wars was a more casual and modern take on FE were your units consists of squads of said unit that undergo said actions rather then having every unit being a hero variant for the player to use, don't get me wrong its about time some more games would create their own take on the formula and its very welcoming, but mainly to the topic: the easiest way to do it is if Chuckle designs the editor so that you can manipulate the number of units that correspond to the amount of HP that your unit can have, so that your squads can consist of a single unit of its type that has the stats as tough it was a squad of 5 for example, so that the story can say it is a hero character of that unit of sort, tough adding more animations to correspond to a certain state of every single unit for all factions such as taking deep breaths while at lets say 3/5 of its max HP or about to faint while at 1/5 would be rather taxing and increase the amount of time needed for polish before the games deadline, tough such an extra addition can be optional in my opinion.

• Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Every one is probably planning on doing a Glitch faction, myself included. I imagine that several may pop-up when the game become available .I also though of a faction inspired by the characters of Legend of Zelda, featuring Link, Zelda, and King Rhoam as commanders. There would be Zoras as water units Gorons as defensive units, Rito as flying units, and Hylians to for the other unit types.

BlazingPaladin likes this.