Modding Help Not able to pack .xnb

Discussion in 'Mods' started by atomicdarling, Jan 13, 2018.

1. atomicdarling

atomicdarling Aquatic Astronaut

Hi! I'm working on my first mod, a dialogue expansion.

I was able to convert the .xnb files I needed to .yml using EXNB and xnb_node. I then edited the files with Notedpad++. I was very careful about formatting.

Now when I attempt to pack the .yml into .xnb... nothing happens.

1. Using EXNB I put the files to be packed into the Yaml/png folder as instructed, then run the batch file.
    2. It tells me there are no files found in the folder to be converted.
    3. So, I edited the batch file, adding a third check to its process (easily undone and reverted) to check specifically for .yml instead of .yaml (even though it shouldn't matter, I think).
    4. Then I ran it again and it said the files were converted, but no files appeared in the XNB folder
    5. I attempted instead ot run the xnb_node manually by opening Powershell...
    6. Powershell tells me that it can't be run even after formatting the command as it instructs
    I'm really at a loss. It would suck to have gotten this far and have to give up. Somebody please help.

• atomicdarling

Hey! I tried that walkthrough which made some things a lot clearer, but I'm still running into issues.

I have my xnb_node.cmd, app folder and the .yml file I've been testing all in the Stardew Valley folder at the moment. I'm still not getting any .xnb file output. HEre's what the cmd prompt is telling me:

Code:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley>xnb_node.cmd pack MarriageDialogueHarvey.yml MarriageDialogueHarvey.xnb
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\app\main.js:65
                      throw e;
                      ^

TypeError: Cannot read property 'valueType' of undefined
          at WriterResolver.write (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\app\writer.js:227:23)
          at DictionaryWriter.write (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\app\writer.js:80:28)
          at WriterResolver.write (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\app\writer.js:230:27)
          at ObjectToXnb (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\app\converter.js:115:20)
          at packXnb (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\app\main.js:52:25)
          at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\app\main.js:60:16
          at applyOrRecurse (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\app\main.js:86:9)
          at Command.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\app\main.js:28:9)
          at Command.listener (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\app\node_modules\commander\index.js:301:8)
          at emitTwo (events.js:100:13)

• DungeonRyu

DungeonRyu Phantasmal Quasar

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
      • atomicdarling

I updated to this version from 2.1 and tried it again. Sadly nothing.

I tried this method once before updating xnb_nod and twice after... Still nothing :cry:

[​IMG]

Tried changing the .yml to .yaml just to see if it would make a difference... tried again and it gave me the same message as in the first post for every attempt after whether formatted for the folders or the specific filename. I'm really at a loss about what I'm doing wrong.

• DungeonRyu

DungeonRyu Phantasmal Quasar

• atomicdarling

This seems to be the case and I feel dumb for not checking earlier. I unpacked a random file just to repack it and it worked fine. Guess time to go through my files with a fine tooth comb and see where I messed up and why it won't convert. :facepalm::rip: