1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

find a pangolin and farm it from them, then :) its a loot item from hunting, and pretty much *only* hunting, otherwise. Raptors, plated creatures etc.

2. Stone7C1

Stone7C1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

would it be possible to add filter and search options to the item terminal? like a couple of buttons on the right side to filter for crafting materials, blocks, furniture, weapons, seeds, saplings and other types of items. also to either sort alphabetically, by item count, or by quality of items.
    i know its not a pressing concern since there is already a search bar, but it would be a large QOL improvement.

some modded minecraft blocks also use a function to allow the player to snapshot the inventory of containers. this allows for an item network to always remember which item is supposed to go into which inventory, even when you remove the last item of its type from the container. for example when you have a chest dedicated to ores, you remove the last piece of iron ore to smelt it. your sorting system now doesnt know that iron ore is supposed to go into that chest. if you could somehow add a snapshot function to a block like the item terminal and give it an inventory to input items into, you could make very efficient sorting system this way.

finally, i know this is another big one. but i think logic, items and power should all be on their own separate networks. this would have multiple advantages. not only would larger systems become a lot more visually clear, but you could assign logic nodes, power nodes, and item network nodes to the same machine or container in the same spot in a very clear and compact way.
    id suggest the nodes would have all their unique colors. blue/red for vanilla logic input/output, green/red for item input/output, and yellow/red for power input/output.

right now frackin universe seems to hijack starbounds default logic network for its own item and power network systems. the downside would be that youd need separate items to interact with each separate network (like the matter manipulator for logic, a wrench for items and something else for power). unless you add an additional hotkey to the matter manipulator to rotate through the different networks. imo it would still be worth it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  3. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

A sulphuric planet is your friend. Admittedly the kind of friend that slowly kills you with acid unless you protect yourself, but still. Has a lot of wildlife that drops monster plates.

4. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I tried feeding diodias to my robot chickens, but they're not producing. What are they supposed to eat?

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

it may be a non-FU (re: vanilla) robothen. The FU ones are tagged as robo. I'll add tags to the vanilla ones for next release. Try tossing them non-robo stuff for now. They should default to "omnivore".

for reference: starved animals show a "Squiggle" icon, partially fed show grey heart, well fed show pink heart

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

9. Limbom

Limbom Big Damn Hero

I do not understand how to feed animals. They all die.
    I built TROUGH, put it next to the cow, put CATTLE FEED there.
    The cow died without eating anything. I also threw CATTLE FEED into a cow.
    What am I doing wrong? Or what I do not do :)

10. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

So I've been thinking, is there a way to have a ship building mode to have the construction of the ship be similar to how one builds on to their space stations?

I like both currently found modes, but both lack something that the other has. One lets one have a nicely structured ship but offers no freedom of build apart from crew, furniture, and walls. The other gives one total freedom but if one does not have architectural finesse one can kiss having a good looking ship. This is why I've wondered if there could be some sort of middle ground.

11. Foxtrot39

Foxtrot39 Void-Bound Voyager

So I got 2 things bugging me a lot on the ship construction

Why can't decorative ship component be placed on top of each other* (same plane) or inside each other (one as background the other on the foreground both occupying the same place) like for the vertical thrusters on vanilla ships ?

*I.E I can't place a large Apex turret on the large Apex turret platform

Why is there no thrusters aside from the booster flamme alone, like this mods does https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/hull-plating-blocks-more.2998/?

Thing is I doubt that mod account for the FTL cost reduction/speed bonus from FU when placed

Have you build the ship component fabricator (if its called so) from FU? It allow to craft decorative ship exterior parts but have the issue listed above

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Wow, that mod is open for re-use/integration too and has some awesome assets.

@sayter... could we use these? Some of that stuff looks awesome.

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

because i have many priorities in the mod, not just ships. And because no one mentioned the stacking until just now. Easily corrected.

and because new assets take time.

17. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

That's what I meant, taking the ship parts and adding them to ours since the author gives permission to do that, lol.

I think I mentioned this once in Discord, but you might have misunderstood what I meant, I probably didn't explain it very clearly lol. So no problem. Glad it'll be corrected though!

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

19. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

Is the wiring control for the spout bugged, or am I doing it wrong? I have it connected to a lever, and it keeps pouring its inventory no matter what state the lever is in, and i tried it on both nodes just to be sure. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Just did some testing on an admined character, it doesn't seem to work with ITDs either. It does work with the iron pump though.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  20. TheKingOfBlood

TheKingOfBlood Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What mods do you had? i just wondering.