The Thread of Randomness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jul 20, 2017.

1. musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Is there a reason you can't get rid of the slingshot/powered up version? You can put it in the cupboard so it's not in inventory (I guess you can put it in a chest too, I haven't tried that tho), but you can't sell it and you can't trash it...I know some people really like the slingshot but I don't give a rip. Maybe I can give it to Vincent since kids his age would love that sort of gift?

• Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

I'd assume it's probably because they're items you can only get once. Better to make sure someone who wanted to use them didn't accidentally throw them out and be unable to replace them.

Though seeing as people were talking about slimes on the last page, I have to ask- do the ones from the Skull Cavern have any official name, like how the blue slimes are called Frost Jellies? I'm kind of curious.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

The wiki lists Purple Slimes as 'Sludges', but also includes Red Slimes in that as well. I have no idea where the name came from-- is it actually in the game code somewhere or is that just a fan decision?

• Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Ah, all right, thanks! I suppose with the purple, there's no real way of knowing, but I'm inclined to say that 'Sludge' is at least official for the red slimes. I'm not sure if you can get a quest to slay some of them, but I'm inclined to say that there would be.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

If it were up to me, I'd give every color a distinct name! We already have Jellies (blue) and sludges (red); I'd call purples oozes, black slimes gunks, and yellow slimes glops. Green slimes can stay as 'green slime', because, let's face it, everybody needs a little green slime now and again. Giant slimes (which are usually just the purple ones seen in Skull Caverns-- though I have seen them in the Mines in other colors, on rare occasions-- would be blobs, of course!

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

On the subject of discarding the slingshots, if you really want to... I haven't done it, but it should work. Put down a chest somewhere you know that villagers walk and put the slingshots into it. Then just give it time and a villager will destroy it.

EDIT: I understand that also works if you've used cheats to get upgraded tools and want to discard the old ones.

• SunStunBros

SunStunBros Aquatic Astronaut

Might want to check in with Alex :lickitung:

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Getting seeds from Pierre Tuesday, Caroline shows up so I talk to her. She wonders if she should wear something special for the aerobic get together. Geez Caroline, I wasn't aware you liked women that way...

Something I've noticed off and on is that CA REALLY put a lot of effort into the dialogue. After the kids comment on the sewer, I stopped by Marnie's about something and figured I'd talk to Jas since she was there. Her comment was "Ew, it stinks" and it took me a minute to realize she was referring to the sewer...it's interesting that CA added one-off bits of dialogue like that!

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

GAH!!! :catbigeyes:

• Stryder87

So I decided to update the Jar/Keg list I posted earlier that was very out of date. This is updated for SDV v1.2 with the prices taken off the wiki today. I tried to keep the formatting and colours the same as the original. Some items (Hops) took a HUGE hit since that last list was made.
                      Here it is for anyone who wants it...

Jar-Keg List - Updated for SDV v1.2.jpg

I can also provide the excel version of it if anyone wants.
                      Hope it helps!

Edit: I also moved the Hot Peppers from the Fruit section, which hadn't made any sense to me. It's now down in the Veggy section.
                      Edit2 - I forgot to mention... I didn't create the original list, and I don't know who did, but credit to whoever it was! It's been extremely valuable to me, which is why I put in the effort to update it, and probably will again if there are changes when the new update drops.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
                        Lorekeeper of Wyverns likes this.
                      • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Peppers are fruits though, just like tomatos.

• Stryder87

According to Demetius haha
                          I wish I hadn't been forced to get involved in that argument... it was such an inner emotional turmoil... I sat there for 5 minutes not sure which one to select as I can argue both!

Saraneth likes this.
                          • Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

I can't in good faith literally gift these items in game (stupid lack if unique IDs), but in my husband Shane's room, I keep a chest of presents for him, including Hot Pepper Jelly and an iridium-quality Hot Pepper Wine.

I rather wish I could taste the latter irl, lol.

Peppers really are fruits though, and with jelly and wine options, it seems the game recognizes them as such (more so than tomatoes).

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

There's a spot during the SV fair where you can go sneak out and visit the community center, among other things. Just wondering if there is any reason to sneak out and explore the area that should be fenced off, or is it just a glitch-spot and while you can go slip out and see areas that technically are blocked off, is there any reason to?? Already know you can't access the community center, so...

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Usually I go straight to using sprinklers as much as possible, so only recently on a farm where I'm watering 200 plots by watering can have I noticed that the bubbles that appear with each level of operation matching the color of the corresponding upgrade: yellow bubbles for three plots, light blue for five, gold for nine, and finally purple bubbles for eighteen plots.

wronghandle and nevyn21 like this.
                                • Stryder87

Man, does anyone know how to get the Wicked Statue back up? I put it down outside my farmhouse... decided I didn't like where it was, but now I can't remove it! I've tried everything.... pickaxe, axe, hoe, scythe, sword, watering it, bombing it... nothing! That sucker just won't let go!

It's wicked!

• Lorekeeper of Wyverns

I tried it out on my file, and I was able to pick it up normally with the pickaxe. Don't have a clue what's going on with yours. Just a glitch, I imagine?

• Stryder87

So I still can't lift that statue up, but I thought I'd try something else. Since I was working on the 'Craft one of every item' achievement, I created another Wicked Statue. I took it outside and plopped it down beside the one I can't lift up. That one comes up just fine. The other, not a chance. When I swing at it, there isn't even the sound of an impact. It doesn't shake, nothing. So, it looks like, unless I can edit my farm manually, it's there forever. haha
                                      One thing I noticed that was odd... the one that's stuck, the eyes are glowing red. The one I crafted and put beside it, the eyes aren't glowing at all. Not even after sitting there for a couple days, or pulling it up and placing it back down again. Something's jinkies here!

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

So the Wicked Statue, pagan altar to all the dark and unholy gods of Ferngil, icon of evil itself, the only symbol that the Witch of Stardew Valley respects and fears, is not cooperating or being nice.

WHO COULD HAVE FORESEEN SUCH AN EVENT?

• ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

Got an explosion event a few nites ago, still haven't found the damn meteor. Too many freakin trees on my west farm. Sooo much chopping. Good thing I still need wood for buildings.