First Time Ever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrazyCatLady.Nic, Jan 12, 2018.

1. CrazyCatLady.Nic

CrazyCatLady.Nic Void-Bound Voyager

:catwink:

Long time player, first time modder. It's nothing special, just another Foraging map and farm cave... But it's my first time and now that I've made it.... I don't know what to do with it!! halp!

• Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Help with what...? :wtf:

Suggestions on how to layout the farm, or you want to get rid of the mod or something else?

• CrazyCatLady.Nic

Oh sorry. I made a map. I want to share it with all you wonderful people! But I don't know how...

• Lil' Mini

You've made a map? You should be able to just drag and drop the map file here.

...I think. :proper:

• CrazyCatLady.Nic

Really? There's no package it into a thingy that boxes it into another thingy that wraps it in the thingy and then you have to undo all of that to see my map?

Sorry that was really confusing... Do I need to do anything else to it before drag/drop? Does it have to be a certain file type?

I'll have to do it when I get home. I'm at work right now :catface:

• Lil' Mini

How have you done the map? Have you:
              1. Taken a screenshot. If you've taken a screenshot, you should be able to just drag and drop the picture right here. (The picture should be in the Steam folder or in the normal picture folder, depending on how you took the screenshot.)
              2. Used the Farm Planner. If you've used the Farm Planner, the image icon on the top right have the option to save the farm as a picture, then you just do the same - drag and drop. (The picture should be found in the Download folder.)
              3. Some other way?

Otherwise you don't have to do anything else really, just make sure the picture is in .png or .jpg format. Then just pick "Full Image" and all will be able to behold your masterpiece.

• CrazyCatLady.Nic

Oh no hahaha! I'm really confusing lol!

I created a map based on the Foraging map. I used tIDE to edit it and make it pretty and I want to share it so other people can add it to their games and play on it if they want.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

You’ll probably get better help a little further down in the modding subforum. You can always ask a moderator to move this for you.

• Lil' Mini

Oooooh, now I understand. Don't worry, I misinterpreted the post entirely. I thought you had downloaded a mod, but you have created a mod, my bad.

I could recommend uploading it on Nexus Mods. I don't know how to upload mods myself, but they probably have some tutorial for it.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

It's very easy at Nexus. Everything is explained on the upload page. Tutorials aren't even necessary.

Then, CrazyCatLady.Nic, I'd suggest going to the Mods subforum, and starting a thread telling people about the mod, and linking them to it.