OOC Rift [Apps Open]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by themushroomlord, Jan 5, 2017.

1. BlazingPaladin

BlazingPaladin Void-Bound Voyager

:DD thanks (this is technically more than one word, forum rules :)nurucool:))

themushroomlord likes this.
  2. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

I always like to push the boundries with my characters, so please tell me if there's anything I should change with my app.

Name: Baron
    Race: Human/Robot
    Mutations/Modifications: None
    Magic Trees: Zephyr, Shadow
    Magic Aspects: Shadow Walker, Kinetic Fighter
    Weapon Proficiencies: Pugilism
    Weapons: Gauntlets
    Supernatural Features: None
    Traits: Cyborg, metal, energy based
    Other Equipment: None

Appearance: Baron is the brain of a human inside a robot body, quite the opposite of a Neurolith. It has a slim-ish matte black metal exterior that covers its body, with a speaker behind a grill for a mouth and two small white searchlights for eyes. The robot exterior mimics the human form with the rest of the body, with the exception of hair, ears and reproductive organs, as well as reinforced knuckles which appear to be for combat. Baron wears a crimson cloak that that covers most of its body, including a hood.

Backstory: Originally, Baron was transferred into a robot body in an act of defiance against the Neuroliths, being the exact opposite of what they were: a Human brain in a robot body. Of course, Baron soon found that it could store memories on extra hardware so that it wouldn't forget anytime soon, and as time went on it installed more and more hardware as it outlived its friends and family, learned unknown arts and lived a life no normal human could survive living, with the one condition that no memories were to be deleted. Now, Hundreds of years have passed since the transfer from Human to Cyborg, and Baron questions if there's even a human remaining at all.

Additional notes: I figured that Baron would still be able to use the magic because it's a sentient being and partially human, but please tell me if that's a flaw.

3. BlazingPaladin

Didn't it say thet there can be no cyborgs or robots in the character rules? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    EDIT: Cuz if not I'd be a Glitch

Omicron445 and themushroomlord like this.
  4. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

@Omicron445 Looks really good... but BlazingPaladin is correct, unfortunately.

Omicron445 likes this.
  5. Omicron445

Alright, I'll get to making a new one.

6. themushroomlord

Sorry bout that... or not. Or maybe. Probably not.

BlazingPaladin and Omicron445 like this.
  7. Omicron445

k.png
    You hurt me in a way that words cannot express.

8. themushroomlord

Feed me your suffering!

9. BlazingPaladin

You know, the thing about you guys posting at 4 in the morning for me makes me worried about being late to post once the rp starts. :rofl:
    EDIT: I added a few thing to my character, I.E. some traits to fit with his backstory, not just his personality, and added more detail to the appearance section.

Name: Lloyd Evenwood
    Class: Battlemage
    Race: Human
    Modifications/Mutations: Enhanced Reflexes / Insomnia, Weak
    Magic trees: Inferno, Zephyr
    Magic aspects: Creator of Flame (Inferno), Air Maker(Zephyr)
    Weapon Proficiencies: Dagger
    Weapons: A small commoners dagger
    Supernatural Features: Madaiar
    Traits:
    +Smart - good at solving logical problems.
    -Shy - Bad at interacting with people.
    +Pickpocket - good at stealing things.
    -Unruly - Has trouble following the chain of command.
    =Curious - Has an easier time discovering things of intrest, but also dangerous situations.
    Other equipment: A small journal and a faded note from his parents.
    Appearance: A thin young man who usually wears a faded red cloak over his simple clothes. He has raven-black hair and green eyes that shine with intellegence, and he has a small scar on his cheek from a scrape back when he lived on the streets.
    Backstory: Coming from a small town in a lesser-known system, Lloyd was orphaned at birth, and had to survive in his town via common thievery. He began learning magic, as it helped him with jobs once he joined a thieves guild. As soon as he saw the chance to get off-world and leave his past behind, he took it, no matter what could happen.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  10. themushroomlord

Changes approved. You see , I made the message more than 1 word!

11. BlazingPaladin

Could I use my two magic abilities to create an explosion by creating volatile gas and setting it alight? Or would that not be possible.

12. themushroomlord

Sure thing, that could be your characters signature move or somthing. Just remember your down as a Madaiar so they'll be big expLOSIONS!!!
    (PS. I like things that go boom...)

13. BlazingPaladin

That is just how I want it to be.
    (P.S. So do I...)
    EDIT: I made some Starbound-Like pixel art for my character, and if anyone wants a character just ask, its pretty simple, just have to do recolors and get proper pixel sizes from the game, and add more detailed eyes and hair. Simple. (Actually not that simple honestly.)
    Starbound 13-Jan-18 7_32_40 PM.png Lloyd Avatar.png

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Firebird Zoom likes this.
  14. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

If you did that, that would be very nice for my character. I already have a screenshot, but I can't get it right for my avatar. If you made one for me, I would be very hapoy

15. BlazingPaladin

Sure! Just send me the screenshot and I'll get to work.

16. Omicron445

A bit more of a basic character concept this time, entirely based off speed. I present to you Character #2: Kyle Venn, the lightning gunner (but with no actual lightning)

Name: Kyle Venn
    Race: Human
    Modifications/Mutations: +Enhanced Speed, +Enhanced Reflexes, -Frail (3), -Perspiration (2)
    Magic Trees: Zephyr
    Magic Aspects: Windy Acrobat
    Weapon Proficiencies: Shotguns
    Weapons: Sawn-off Pump-Action Shotgun
    Supernatural Features: Madaiar
    Traits: "Mucho fast-o", cocky
    Other Equipment: Ammunition bandolier, steel toed shoes
    Appearance: Kyle is an athletic white human male dressed in dark grey sweat pants and t-shirt, complimented with a well-worn dark brown leather jacket, modified running shoes and a red bandanna as a mask over his mouth. His visible features include short brown hair and bright green eyes.

Backstory: Just like the rest of the human race, Kyle wanted to go fast. Sure, he could learn to drive, or maybe pick up a mode of transportation. But no, stubborn little Kyle decided his passion in life would be running. Every sporting event he participated in he would win by a fair amount, simply because it was all he wanted to do. Kyle kept this skill throughout life, going out for a run most mornings, and finding it quite helpful when his life was plunged into crime due to his lack of food. One small shoplifting led to another, and by the time he was 26 he was a hired gun, doing odd-jobs for the criminal underworld. Dammit Kyle.

17. Jake9039

alright, screenshot en-route

Attached Files:

18. themushroomlord

@Omicron445 I hope to see you die slowly in a void of your own regrets and anxiety. But that can wait because you are ACCEPTED!
    Have a nice day.
    I'm sorry I am very bored...

19. BlazingPaladin

I'll get to work as soon as I'm home from school.

20. Jake9039

thank you in advance, I can't wait to see him.