OOC Rift [Apps Open]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by themushroomlord, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes! I didn't realise that this might have been a nearly dead thread, but I think that we should be able to get some new people. Perhaps if I were to tag some of them, it would draw them here. I'll look for them, as we wait for more people.

2. memelordguy

memelordguy Void-Bound Voyager

So if there's stuff like combat and class sheets, how would this play out? Is this some sorta campaign-esque thing, or something else?

3. Jake9039

If it goes how I think it does, then combat is going to be dice rolls influenced by the gm, as well as what your general skills are.also the role play part itself(if it goes like I think it will) is going to advance towards a conclusion, through actions stated by you. A small bit of sheparding via announcers and commanders is probably going to occur, however, that is, if it goes how I think it will.

4. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

Pretty much exactly what Jake9039 said, though it'll be more influenced by RP than rolls, and I'll be calculating all of the dicy nonsense behind the scenes.

Omicron445 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  5. memelordguy

memelordguy Void-Bound Voyager

Name: Martin J. Heson

Race: Human

Mutations/Modifications: Enhanced Reflexes (+2), Enhanced Strength (+1), Enhanced Speed {Taken Three Times} (+3). Painful Spasms (-2), Insomnia (-1). Bloody Purge (-3).

Magic Trees: Mental

Magic Aspects: Puppeteer / Master of Pain

Weapon Proficiencies: Pistols

Weapons: (Who woulda thunk' it.) A .45 pistol. A pair of Brass Knuckles.

Supernatural Features: Berserker

Traits:
    (Positive)
    Fast Talker : Martin's experience with illegal activities nets his conversation pieces to be a bit hectic. Whilst not charming, he's decent at trying to pressure, or deceive others with speech.
    Anatomy Buff : His job in piracy helped teach him where weak points of the human body are. As such, he's a bit decent at aiming for aiming at weak points when up close with enemies. (Against Humans Only.)

(Negative)
    B-Grade Worker : His appearance, coupled with his attitude, makes him unable to make much legal tinder.
    Bad Driver : Overall, he's not very good at using any type of vehicle. Things tend to get wrecked if he takes any type of piloting wheel, literal or figuratively.
    An "I" in Teamwork : Is a bit of a jerk to everyone else, but his opinions and attitude can change with time.

Other Equipment: (1) Fine leather jacket. Two .45 Magazines, able to hold 8 rounds each.

Appearance
    A 5'8 man, with long hair, reaching just above his shoulders. Sporting hazel eyes, and a bit of a dirty overall appearance.

Backstory
    When Martin was young, he's always dreamed of exploring the stars. However, he never got much education past a High School Degree. With dreams of wanting to be someone, but with little education in any technology. He was forced to take odd-jobs. Eventually, an industrial accident caused him to lose the tip of his pinkie finger, and half of his ring finger. After this, it was a little more difficult for him to seek industrial related jobs.

This forced him into taking up a few 'frowned upon' occupations. At first, he was a smuggler. But after a stunt with having to navigate an asteroid field (it went horribly), he took up the life of piracy.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  6. themushroomlord

7. Jake9039

do we have an approximation of how many players are required before we start? what about an eta of when it will start. just wondering about when it will start. I am looking forward to when this happens, and want to know when to clear my schedule for.

8. themushroomlord

4 or 5 people or so. As for an eta till start, well that depends on how soon people decide to join. I'll be sure to say when it's close to starting though.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  9. Jake9039

I'm going to tag people that looked interested in joining the roleplay in previous posts here, and see if they are interested.

@Dragonclaw mentioned he was interested, but said he needed @Arra first.
    @Omicron445 looked intrested
    so did @BlueShard
    sorry if anybody in this tag list is no longer interested, just looking to see.
    Tag your friends guys!

10. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

Mmmmyeees. Hi, I suppose I should be interested indeed. I'll get my character soon-ish.

11. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Wow! A thing place. I forgot about this thing place.

12. Jake9039

@BlueShard @Omicron445 are you guys still working on your apps? just wondering. I'm really exited. it's been a while since I've done a roleplay.

13. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

I wasn't thinking of participating, sadly.

14. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I will try to make an app tomorrow.

15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Alright. TOMORROW I will make an app.

16. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

You and me both buddy, but I think I have a half-finished template of a character somewhere so I'll post it when not desperately shopping for presents.

17. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Name: Marcus

Race: Avali

Mutations/Modifications:

Magic Trees: Aquatic, Botanical

Magic Aspects:
    Water Shaper
    Watery Director

Supernatural Grower
    Vine Animator
    Sower

Weapon Proficiencies: [None]

Weapons: A basic military rifle and a combat knife

Supernatural Features: [None]

Traits:
    +Sensitive hearing (because Avali)
    +Intelligent (Marcus is a decent scientist)
    -A bit fragile (Also because Avali)
    -Below average eyesight (AGAIN because Avali)

Other Equipment: Flashlight, rope, scientific equipment

Appearance: 5’2”, looks like Kevin (white, light brown, and gold trim), extra fluffy

Backstory: Marcus was born on some world on the edge of the galaxy that few have heard of. An unimportant place for an unimportant Avali. When he grew up, he left his homeworld and went to study science at a well-known university. After that he went to a anomalous arctic world where he got to study all the strange anomalies. When he heard of THIS happening, he decided to touch up his combat skills and get ready for SCIENCE!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  18. themushroomlord

@Dragonclaw Looking good. No need to rush it, I'm overseas at the moment so we won't be able to start for another few days or so.

Dragonclaw and Firebird Zoom like this.
  19. BlazingPaladin

BlazingPaladin Void-Bound Voyager

Are the apps still open? if they are then

Name: Lloyd Evenwood
    Race: Human
    Modifications/Mutations: Enhanced Reflexes / Insomnia, Weak
    Magic trees: Inferno, Zephyr
    Magic aspects: Creator of Flame (Inferno), Air Maker(Zephyr)
    Weapon Proficiencies: Dagger
    Weapons: A small commoners dagger
    Supernatural Features: Madaiar
    Traits:
    +Smart - good at solving logical problems.
    -Shy - Bad at interacting with people.
    Other equipment: A small journal.
    Appearance: A thin young man who usually wears a faded red cloak over his simple clothes.
    Backstory: Coming from a small town in a lesser-known system, Lloyd was orphaned at birth, and had to survive in his town via common thievery. He began learning magic, as it helped him with jobs once he joined a thieves guild. As soon as he saw the chance to get off-world and leave his past behind, he took it, no matter what could happen.

BTW he's a battle-mage.

20. themushroomlord

Accepted.

Firebird Zoom likes this.