1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Skittles Template Race Mod 3.0.4

Do you want to create your own race mod, but you don't know where to start? This is the mod for you!

1. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

xD Yes. My signature has other mods I have made as a lil showcase.

2. The bright umbreon

The bright umbreon Void-Bound Voyager

total newbi to modding how do you run this mod, i have the 7z file and im a little lost

3. Lileats

Lileats Space Spelunker

What I did was I downloaded the nexus version, was easier to understand and use

4. The bright umbreon

Doesn't that require nexus mod manager or naw

5. The bright umbreon

ok i think i got it working, thanks lileats

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  6. Jerrystarfeathers

Jerrystarfeathers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The crafting menu doesn't work. it closes the game. What am I missing?
    Version of starbound I'm using is 1.3.2.

Found out the problem. It was the recipes file.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  7. DrPvtSkittles

8. Bubbline

Bubbline Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alrighty, I'm a newbie race maker, the answer is probably very obvious, but can someone explain what's happening here? I did everything as directed (ran the .bat and entered the race name in all lowercase, no changes were made to any files except the body sprites) but I'm having issues with the armor and weapon files, it always says it's found that the files are duplicates? Deleting the .chest or .legs or .item files makes the error go away, but not only does that probably negatively affect the items themselves, then I get a codex error. I don't think the recipe files have anything to do with it, they seem fine. I've supplied two .log files, both named for convenience. Once again, I haven't modified any codexes or armor. It's probably just a mod conflict, and if it isn't I'm sure the answer will make me feel dumb, but I guess we all start somewhere.

Attached Files:

9. DrPvtSkittles

I would delete your mod and redo it, with a different name (even just putting it as 'bubdragon'), just to make sure there are no other mods that use the term 'dragon'.

10. Bubbline

Alright, I did that, and I'm not getting the codex or duplicate error, but now the species isn't showing up at all. I'm really sorry for bothering you with this, it's probably super obvious again, but here's the log. It definitely acknowledges that the mod folder exists but doesn't add the species to the list, and I do have a race extender. I'm genuinely unsure at this point.

Attached Files:

11. DrPvtSkittles

I am not sure. Perhaps edit the .metadata file to make sure its unique?

12. Bubbline

I tried, still no dice. Do you want me to just send you the folder containing the race so you can look at it yourself?

13. DrPvtSkittles

Sure, thats a great idea.

14. Bubbline

Alright, here it is. This one hasn't had the .bat run yet.

Attached Files:

15. DrPvtSkittles

Looks like the problem is having 1 extra folder that your mod was in. Bubdragon/skittlesbasicracetemplate/ and so forth. I just moved it out of Bubdragon and deleted that folder. I ran the .bat and its all hunky dory.

Attached Files:

16. Bubbline

Thank you so much! I'm sorry I made you go through all of that, but yknow. Learning and stuff, I guess...

17. DrPvtSkittles

All g, I've learned something too :p

18. ReverentDeath

ReverentDeath Aquatic Astronaut

Hello! I'm very very new to modding and stuff, so don't really know what the issue is. I used the .bat file but I haven't begun changing the sprites. Anyway, when I tried to at least make sure everything worked and opened up the creation menu, I realised that the character picture was missing. Also, clicking on the character box crashes the game. I have another race that was made using your template mod and I was wondering if it is because they have to same index number. Issue is, I can't find where to change that number? I looked in the species file, but couldn't seem to find it.

19. DrPvtSkittles

Ahh locate your .metadata file and open it up in notepad. Change the "name" to something else.

20. ReverentDeath

ReverentDeath Aquatic Astronaut

Changing the "name" in the metafile didn't work at first, so I just deleted what I had and started over. I think the issue was that where I ran the .bat file the first time, I named my race with a accented O instead of a normal one. I changed the "name" in this one too just for good measure. Thank you for making this. I may need help in the future lol.