RELEASED [SMAPI] Chests Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@RyuukiBeat The upcoming Chests Anywhere release adds an option to disable the new shipping bin features.

@wearestarrdust The upcoming SMAPI 2.3 fixes the issue with menu backgrounds.

• Library-Tech

Library-Tech Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love the mod!

Since the latest update however, once you switch to the shipping bin, you can't switch back to any other chest. You have to physically go to a chest and open it (not just use 'B') to get it to unstick from the shipping bin. Could this be looked into as a possible bug?
      Hopefully that made sense . Sorry!

chad115 likes this.
      • chad115

chad115 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i'm having same issue..it's stuck on the bin!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Ridesdragons

Ridesdragons Void-Bound Voyager

was happy to see the option to remove the shipping bin in 12.1, and noticed something that can be done that still preserves the original function without overwriting the vanilla shipping bin. For anyone who wants to be able to ship more than 36 items a day/vanilla shipping bin functions, but also likes being able to place stuff in shipping from anywhere: apparently, if you have automate installed (at least I'm pretty sure it's automate doing this), if you stick a chest next to the shipping bin, it'll deposit its goods into the shipping bin. so now I can place a chest down, rename it something like "for shipping", dump stuff in there from, say, the mines, and still be able to ship more than 36 items in a day. of course since it's automatically moved to the bin you can't remove items shipped earlier from the bin, but you can still move stuff to the bin without having to put it in manually using this mod in conjunction with automate. yay unintended consequences!

nekoCrimson likes this.
          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• sgtoutlaw

sgtoutlaw Aquatic Astronaut

I tried to use the Disabled option through editing the config like you said to, but it returns an error saying that the Disabled value was not found. I even tried entering it in with the first letter as lowercase.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@sgtoutlaw Try None instead of Disabled. I'll correct the documentation.

• sgtoutlaw

sgtoutlaw Aquatic Astronaut

Not to be a bother here. Thanks for clearing up that it is supposed to be None. Now the problem seems to be that the mouse cannot go over the label, phases underneath it and causes a lot of errors. This wouldn't be too big an issue except there is also no bubble for labeling of the chests or anything.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks for reporting it. I'll fix it in the next release. :)

• tinkerbelljln

tinkerbelljln Pangalactic Porcupine

Soooo when I try to collect rewards after donating to the museum, it brings up my shipping bin, but this is fixed if you disable the shipping bin option.

EDIT: Never mind, I was able to collect my rewards, but the game crashed when I went to bed, I've included my SMAPI log.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
                    • tinkerbelljln

It occurred to me I can give a little more information about the crash than just the log and my issue. Keeping in mind I know nothing about modding except how to install them, this specific crash, with what is says in the error log, happens when I do something in my mod folders and then play my game. I've never downloaded anything that can't be used on current games, and yet when this crash happens it will happen every time and the only thing that fixes it is starting a new game. So basically whenever I want to add a new mod (again, that I should be able to continue playing on that save) I need to start a new game. Legit I haven't gotten to Year 2 in forever because of this issue lol I have no idea why it keeps happening though, that's where my lack of modding knowledge stops me. It's never the mod that does it, I've had this happen with with Extended Mincarts as well as replacing xnb files. I thought I'd fixed it when I switched to using XnbLoader, but now it sometimes happens when I put a file in there. I've checked everything many times, there's nothing installed where it shouldn't be, no missing or extra files, I have no idea what could be causing it.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I can't reproduce this in Chests Anywhere 1.12.2. Does it still happen if you re-enable the shipping bin feature?

Does the error still happen if you reset your game files and remove XNB Loader? If so, can you attach a zip of your entire Mods folder and of your save files?

• tinkerbelljln

Ok, so disabling and re-enabling the shipping bin is fine, I can still get the rewards after re-enabling. I reset the game files amd removed the XNB Loader and everything is fine, except the crops added by JSON assets aren't showing up properly. I've uploaded a zip with the things you requested, plus the new SMAPI crash log from after resetting the files but before taking the XNBLoader out, on mediafire here.
                          EDIT: Added the SMAPI-latest log that says the stuff about the JSON Assets not working, cause I dunno if it's in the crash log or not. It might be different cause I started a new save, but it's the same issue as before, I double checked.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@tinkerbelljln That means your crash is probably caused by either JSON Assets or your XNB mods. Try re-enabling a few at a time and retesting to see which mod is causing it. If you still need help, feel free to post in the general mod support thread to keep this one focused on Chests Anywhere. :)

tinkerbelljln likes this.
                            • Mr777Nick

Mr777Nick Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, just want to report that the shipping bin UI bug on 1.12.1 is fixed, however on 1.12.2 I encountered another bug of the shipping bin, whenever I open the shipping bin UI and then click an object on my inventory to send it to the bin, the cursor seems to always back at the bin UI which makes it kinda annoying if you want to ship many objects from your inventory. Never encountered this bug in 1.12.0 before.

I'm using a gamepad by the way.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Mr777Nick I have a potential fix but don't have a gamepad here to test it. Can you try this version and let me know whether it still happens?

[edit: download removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
                                • Mr777Nick

Mr777Nick Void-Bound Voyager

It's now fixed. What a swift update!

Thanks for the mod! :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Mr777Nick Thanks for testing! The fix will be in the next release, but feel free to use that alpha version until then.