1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RPG Growth 1.92

Adds RPG-like growth (stat points and classes) to Starbound

1. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Science!
    Three of the six character classes have a rating of 'good' for agility (Rogue, Explorer and Ninja), the one stat that modifies jump height. So I took one of those and tested it across a range of agility scores.
    [​IMG]

Does the agility rating 'good' change the number of agility points it takes to gain a tile of jump height, or does it alter the starting number of agility points for a class, or both?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  2. Mumpfbrapp

Mumpfbrapp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi there, ThornyFlora, this is a lovely mod which brings some nice elements to Starbound.
    However, the stat-info for intelligence says:
    Greatly Increases Energy Recharge Rate
    AND
    Decreases Energy Recharge Rate
    Which one is it?

Also, would it be possible to implement a stat-reset option that works kinda like a reskilling (or some sort of dev-command for that)?
    So when we press [Reskill], we -only- get all our spent statpoints back and can then re-distribute them again.
    I know there is a [Reset]-Button, but then i lose all my XP(citation needed) and at level 45, thats not very handy,
    when i just want to try a different distribution.
    I do not know what that reset-scroll is though, maybe that does the same? (a codex-book with a detailed manual for this mod would be really handy)

3. CopperBoltwire

CopperBoltwire Subatomic Cosmonaut

So unpacked the mod from it's .pak file to have a peak at the files.
    Mainly because i wanted to try and triple the amount of statpoints given.
    Yeah, sure, i could just pop into admin and spawn a point every time i level, but would rather want it done automatically, you know?

I don't give a darn about balance, i want to have fun!
    So hope someone can tell me.
    I'm gonna start a Youtube series soon, with this mod, among others, and would love to have 3x the amount of points to distribute.
    Just so i personally can have fun.

Suggestion:
    Maybe change EXP orbs to be transparently pulsing (animated) orbs with a tiny short glow.
    The big round green Orb with an X looks soooooo outta place from the rest of the game.
    The EXP orb object currently makes me think it's a missing texture, and shows that green orb with an X.
    And what little immersion i can have in this game is somewhat punctured by that big green orb with an X.

4. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Transparency might get a similar effect without the overhead of animation.
    This is a 42x42 transparent overlay; the font is Trebuchet MS, 12pt bold
    [​IMG]

5. CopperBoltwire

Looks super beautiful compared to current version.
    And it's style appears at least a bit more in style with the rest of the game.
    And even better, it does not look like it signifies a missing texture.

6. CopperBoltwire

Thanks for the response on my review.
    As for the guardians, i never would have thought they was vanilla, don't think i ever came across them, will do some research and learn some more about this amazing game.

As for the other part - you can darn well bet it'll be a 5 star if that is what we have to look forward to.
    I find it easy to reach level 50, but somewhat slow. And once you reach level 50. That's it.
    Other then unlocking your weapon, an upgrading it, and upgrading the affinity, that's it. Not much else to work towards - Other then the story which i have done sooooo many times by now.
    Not sure what else there is to do after that.
    v1.3 would give me a constant goal.

A few pointers: If stats will be able to be increased for ever and ever and ever, putting a limit to how high a player can jump might be a brilliant idea :rofl:
    AS fun as it is to being able to jump all the way from lava (center of a planet) to the actual ceiling of the map. It has little use and would quickly cause issues.
    Run speed would need a cap too :D

I hope a new class comes about soon that gives bonuses to cross-/bows as they are pretty awesome, and useful for getting resources, so having a class focused on resource gathering would be great!
    No, just not great, super useful!
    IT would be a class, i think, most people would take because of the increased chance to get rare drops.
    Maybe even have a passive tech that increases the AMOUNT dropped?

Hunting tools in Starbound has always seemed a lacklustre and overlooked experience.
    I guess i'm among the few who are very interested to get some boosts within this area.

7. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I'm getting this error in my log file:

[11:15:38.730] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /treasure/fumonsters.treasurepools.patch in source: ..\mods\Starbound-RPG-Growth7-7.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) No such key 'furobotTreasure' in pathApply("/furobotTreasure/0/1/fill")

Looks like Sayter removed the robot from the treasure pool, so this won't parse. Hope you'll correct in a future update. Still hoping for progress - this mod definitely adds to the game. ^_^

8. nonart

nonart Intergalactic Tourist

I am really excited 1.3

9. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

How compatible is this with frackin universe?

10. emomgo3

emomgo3 Void-Bound Voyager

Greetings ThornyFlora, really enjoying your mod together with my friend so far! Have you thought about adding some kind of party system to share the dropped experience with your party members?

11. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora Pangalactic Porcupine

12. ThornyFlora

This error is fixed in the new update 1.3. I created my own gun script for the Versa to solve the problem.

13. ThornyFlora

Thank you for the feedback. In the newest update (1.3, just now), Bleed Damage is halved, though I know that doesn't actually change that Dexterity is one of the more useful stats. I'll consider making Bows and One-Handed Weapons scale off of the higher of the two stats (Strength and Dexterity) as you suggested.

As for adding a generalist stat: while that may be a good idea, for now, I don't think I'm looking for a stat that behaves like that. Luck was actually planned from the beginning, but I ended up removing it because I felt it didn't fit.

14. ThornyFlora

The ratings increase scaling with that specific stat by multiplying the shown stat number by a certain amount. 'Good', for example, raises a stat to the power of 1.1. Thus, 50 Agility with a 'Good' rating behaves like 74 Agility.

AngleWyrm likes this.
  15. ThornyFlora

Intelligence 'Greatly Increases Energy Recharge Rate' and 'Decreases Energy Recharge Delay'

There is a Class Reset Scroll that does what you want, and you can now get it by luck through Tier 6 or higher enemies, or via the Mastery Shop.

16. ThornyFlora

Update 1.3 changes the Experience Orbs to be much smaller, so they may not look as much like a missing texture now. In addition, the +1 Stat Scrolls are now available through purchase, so you can increase your stats to crazy levels. It should take a while though.

17. ThornyFlora

I have, but the limitations of the game itself may prevent me from doing something similar. Dan (one of the other modders) and I are brainstorming potential solutions.

Edit: Seems like we found a solution.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  18. ThornyFlora

19. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Is there a possibility for multiclassing in the future?

20. ThornyFlora

Currently, you can Prestige, meaning you keep your Classes Techs, and can use them with another Class.

As for Multiclassing, no, but there will be Professions and Specializations.

Mooncalf99 and Umbra420 like this.