RELEASED FarmAutomation.ItemCollector (Unofficial v1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by maddy99, Oct 5, 2016.

1. qjqqwerty

qjqqwerty Intergalactic Tourist

@Xuomi

You can see that I put a chest and connect it to that path
    (
    / *
    Floor types:
    Wood Floor = 0;
    Stone Floor = 1;
    Weathered Floor = 2;
    Crystal Floor = 3;
    Straw Floor = 4;
    Gravel Path = 5;
    Wood Path = 6;
    Crystal Path = 7;
    Cobblestone Path = 8;
    Stepping Stone Path = 9;
    * /
    "FlooringsToConsiderConnectors": [0, 3, 7, 8, 9],
    ).
    It will automatically harvest all the other in addition to fruit to the chest.

ps:
    The above content from the translation software!
    If: unreasonable statement / rude / misnomer / error description, etc.
    many thanks for your understanding
    Farm-be.png Farm-af.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    • maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Just to check, trees are only harvested on a new game day, are you waiting a day?

• TwoSides

TwoSides Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a Version that works with Stardew 1.22+?

I use "Automate" at the moment, but I like this this mod more.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
        • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@TwoSides Github link on the first post.

• tenyson55

tenyson55 Yeah, You!

is there any way to make the mod remove the wine before the iridium quality?

• Joeltp85

Joeltp85 Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible this could be fixed to play nice with Custom Farm Type maps? I tried using Farm Automation in conjunction with zanderb14's Immersive Farm 2 map (which relies on Custom Farm Types) and got a bug where I couldn't get machines to process if they were placed in a shed, barn, or coop. Even a lone furnace that I placed items in myself and wasn't connected to any chest/farm automation system wouldn't work. The raw resource would go in but the machine would get stuck in the processing animation and wouldn't produce the finished product until the next game day after sleeping. If I then put another item in, the machine would get 'stuck' all over again.

What's interesting is that even after removing the farm automation mod, the problem persisted. I reverted back to the vanilla backup files I had, reinstalling SMAPI, and started a brand new Custom Farm Types map and I still couldn't get the sheds, barns, and coops to work. And this was long AFTER removing Farm Automation. Very weird. The only thing that seems to fix it is doing a full uninstall/re-install of Stardew Valley. But as soon as I add the Farm Automation mod back in, the bug shows up again and won't go away unless I re-install the whole game.

Again, this only happens in sheds, barns, or coops. Greenhouse works fine as well as every other place on the farm I tested. Vanilla maps also work just fine, whether Farm Automation is installed or not.

Any idea as to why these mods might conflict and why the resulting bug is so darn difficult to get rid of? Normally if I have an error or a couple of mods are in conflict, I just remove the offending mod(s) from the mod folder and everything works fine again--especially on a brand new save game. But not with this for some reason. Very frustrating and time consuming.

Edit: Never mind! After a LOT of headache I finally find out what the problem was: SpaceCore. Turns out, if you have the latest version installed, you get all the problems I detailed above. Once a downgraded to an earlier version, everything worked!

So if anyone wants to use Farm Automation in conjunction with a Custom Farm Types map, use SpaceCore 1.0.2, not the latest version 1.0.3!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
                HopeWasHere likes this.
              • maya.jahal

maya.jahal Yeah, You!

this mod stop work in SMAPI 2.0 He will be discontinued?

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Sorry, I've not been around much to keep an eye on this thread. I didn't realize SMAPI 2.0 was released. Is it currently not compatible at all?

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

• Xemgoa

Xemgoa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Darn, I was hoping this mod was still working. Is it possible to get this updated for the current version?

I prefer this version since items on the barn/coop/floor-in-general automatically get picked up by a chest in the vicinity/building.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
                    • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Now that Automate does chain-automation, this mod is really no longer needed. There's the Advanced Automation mod that has a machine that will harvest milk automatically and put it into an adjacent chest.

• FieryChaos

Automate currently does not have a pipe/connection system yet and there is no mod that will autoharvest from sheep or the coop. Once Automate has these features it can fully replace this mod.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Er... yes it does have chained system, because I'm using it right this very moment to great effect feeding a hundred and twenty kegs with a single chest.

The simplest solution is to not fall for the trap that is animal handling, other than those few items needed for bundle completion. Or, yanno, Joja and win. farmautomation.ItemCollector never did do sheep, in my experience, at any rate, so it's mostly the coop. Which isn't an issue until you get to a deluxe coop because you still have to feed your chickens daily and all the coop items are on the ground in said coop, making collection easy.

There is an junimo-based mod that collects all animal products (except truffles, which count as a foraged good) from a given building, but it came at a significant monetary cost. Saw it on the Nexus, but don't know if it was ever updated.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@ShneekeyTheLost They said a pipe/connection system, not a chained system. It's not the same. They are talking about how you could use certain floor tiles in this mod to attach machines or trees together at a distance instead of having to have them all directly touching each other or the chest, and gives much more flexibility on layouts because of it.

Automate will solve that eventually, but for now, it doesn't provide the same piping that FarmAutomation does. At the moment you can't connect your trees together to collect fruit or tapper products with Automate unless you place a chest next to each tree individually, whereas with FarmAutomation you could simply attach them by floor tiles and connect them all to a single chest.

• FieryChaos

@ShneekeyTheLost As @Xuomi clarified, there is no pipe/connection system in Automate yet; in order to connect you have to use a machine, which blocks walking through that tile and isn't as aesthetically pleasing (for example, I'm using lightning rods in Automate to connect tree taps/etc., which is kind of annoying). ItemCollector collected milk and wool from barns if you had the required tools in the chest that was inside the barn (Milk Pail and Shears). Right now I'm using Animal Sitter for animal produce collecting.

You actually reminded me of the mod with the Junimos (Junimo Farm by @Platonymous ). The SMAPI compatibility wiki page says it works with SMAPI 2.0+, but according to Platonymous on the Nexus page, it's broken?

Xuomi likes this.
                              • bluphino

bluphino Void-Bound Voyager

Holding out a candle for this one!

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                • Valamyr82

Valamyr82 Void-Bound Voyager

I miss this. It was simply better than Automate. RIP.

bluphino likes this.
                                  • Magistrella

Magistrella Big Damn Hero

*bump* just got reminded of that after coming back after 6 month for the beta.

Automate still needs machines to chain them together, which makes handling tree farms really weird. At least keging still works b/c all machines touch each other q,q