Dev Blog 18 October - 1.3.3 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Loto

Loto Void-Bound Voyager

I like monthly updates, been over two since the last one now. Hello is anybody there?

2. trickz-kun

trickz-kun Tentacle Wrangler

I know it's holidays but it would be nice to hear something :c

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I'd like to post an image reply to taunt the two posts above this one, but those are frowned upon. As such, kindly pretend I posted a cropped screenshot of Undertale, showing the "but nobody came" message.

Lintton, CorraidhĂ­n and The Squid like this.
  4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Isn't it the act of posting JUST the image is what's frowned upon?

Couldn't you post the image and then add some random text and junk after it?

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

That'd just make it off-topic. And a pretty obvious attempt to try and avoid breaking the rules on a technicality, besides. Much better to just have an on-topic sentence accompanying it that actually contributes to the topic at hand.

Speaking of which, we're not going to be hearing anything from the devs at this point, considering Christmas is right around the corner for their time zone. More likely we'll hear from them in the new year at this point.

Speed Lightning and The Squid like this.
  6. Loto

Loto Void-Bound Voyager

We should have heard from them last month, Stardew had blog updates in Nov. and Dec. why not Starbound? Is it unreasonable to want a single post a month? Hey I'd be happy with just "Happy Holidays from Chucklefish. Starbound update is still being worked on."

7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I was (half) joking.

Let's be reasonable here, you would not be happy with JUST that. You'd be like "what, no information at all?" And why do they need to say the obvious? Of COURSE they're working on Starbound. Why would they not? It's their flagship product and they've announced that there's a major update coming and it will be done when it will be done.

If they set an estimated date and it turns out to not be good, then they get more complaints. If they talk too much about a feature and it gets cut, people complain.

It's honestly better that they say nothing at all, and whiny people are the reason for that. You (meaning the whiny people, not necessarily the person I'm responding to here) only have yourselves to thank for that.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And we damn well know both these things to be true from experience.

9. Starfan87

Starfan87 Void-Bound Voyager

I like how you guys will always keep impresing me with your clever updates. I have a few suggestions. If you will introduce the peacekeeper organization, meybe make it that you can get a mission from them. An important one,meybe post game. Or between the 3rd and 4th emblem. And if you guys want to introduce bounty hunts, meybe make them in space. Like with a blue hostile ship indicating that this is one of their ships. And i got another idea. Maybe you guys can make the peacekeeper final mission have something to do with the oculus and their new shady plan. Probably because they found a dangerous old weapon, probably belonging to the ancient. Or maybe something else. The people that give you keys in the ark could tell you a story about their heritage within certain time. You guys could meybe include ancient abandoned outposts. (Imagine their ships like one piramid in reverse of another). Sorry if i am asking too much. I just want to collect all of my thoughts in one post. Thank you, this game has come to be one of my favorites. P.s : maybe you guys could create a door sistem that goes in. For example, remember when you find a space base with an inwards door? Thanks you guys you rule, starbound rules.

A fan. Thanks

10. Starfan87

Anyone there with thoughts of new unique weapons? It would be cool to have a gun or weapon specifically gotten from bounty hunts.

11. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Well the grabber whats-it-call-it that shoots a laser handcuff thingy is definitely one of em. Btw double posting is frowned upon in this community.

Save yourself before the forum moderators come AHHHHHHH! :chrono:

12. Starfan87

Sorry man, didn't know. Just forgot, about some information on my last post. Thanks on the heads up though. It still would be cool to get like a hand fisty thing. Like a thing you put on your fingers to punch harder. Sorry for double posting.

13. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

What would be interesting would be to start putting other languages as with Stardew Valley, which already has a few, but of course, if they do not have people to translate it is complicated hehe

Vorlif's online tool is almost outdated, it does not respond to messages, it was the "most comfortable medium" of translation for the groups that were translating, that are now unemployed because they do not know how to continue, it's a shame U_U

14. Temchak

Temchak Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not so sure about that. As for now, Stardew Valley seems more like their flagship product, being extremely popular on steam.

15. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Uh, what?

Stardew Valley is merely published by CF. It isn't even developed by CF, unlike Starbound.

Regardless of sales numbers, popularity, etc, Starbound would be considered the "flagship product" because it's their main project that they are actively working on and developing.

They aren't the owner of, nor developer of, Stardew Valley. They merely provide publishing services to ConcernedApe, and CA is the one that owns and develops the game.

The Squid, Jonesy and davoker like this.
  16. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

One alone, one person to make the game, is something brutal, it is not easy and has created a product that is truly triumphing, I suppose it will have people translating the languages, I do not think I know all languages, or what? It would be a lot hahaha

Worthy of admiration this man.

17. lickutung34

lickutung34 Big Damn Hero

any one else haveing trouble downloading 1.3.3... it still is downloading....

18. NuclearSlayer52

NuclearSlayer52 Phantasmal Quasar

check if its paused and if not try stopping and starting the download and check the storage on what its on (c or d drives, external)

19. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Super stoked for the upcoming update. I do hope that they end up working in some much requested features. Object coloring, colony events, and overall more things to do with colonies that make building a village worthwhile and perhaps strategic are at the top of my list.

Yavor likes this.
  20. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

Those are valid points indeed! I also think that colony creation is the bread and butter of this game, and would love to see it developed further on. Btw Happy New Year, everyone! :D

maestro kitty and AmazonValkyrie like this.