1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Don't Know how to go up with a mech in zero gravity.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by PrashBricks III, Nov 23, 2017.

1. PrashBricks III

PrashBricks III Space Spelunker

Hello everyone, My name is PrashBricks III,

Can anyone help me? I got stuck in the starting mission in the first room already, I found out that one mouse button is for shooting, and the othere deploys a shield, but I thought the rest would just be like the normal controls. Well, apparently not, because I can not go up [jump] with the spacebar, though I can use the 'A' key to get to the left and the 'D' key to get to the right. Can anyone please help me??:yoda:

Thanks in advance!

2. PrashBricks III

No thanks for not replying! I figured it out myself.
    Just press 'E' to exit the mech and use ropes and normal controls to finish te parcour. I know it is slow, but still, it works. Use a weapon [guns are the easiest choice] to destroy the targets.
    I hope this info will help other people with this problem.:nurumad:

3. EnigmaTardigrade

EnigmaTardigrade Void-Bound Voyager

You go up by pressing W

PrashBricks III likes this.
  4. PrashBricks III

As I already said, that doesn't work, or at least not on my laptop....:nurusad:

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

There could likely be something wrong with your laptop then, because W should work. If it doesn't, then that means the game is not reading your W keypress properly, or you have a keybind that's not correct, maybe the keybind got changed or something.

Try this: throw a rope or grappling hook at a solid object above you and see if "W" causes you to reel the line in to pull you up. If it doesn't then you have something wrong.

Also, I know some games have different keyboard layouts for compact keyboards (such as the ones found in laptops), so perhaps that's what's screwing with you. In that case, it would just simply take a key re-bind.

PrashBricks III likes this.
  6. PrashBricks III

Thank you! But you can't use any items like ropes and grappling hooks in a mech, can you? Or do you mean without mech? Because if you mean without mech I will try that. I will check out if the keybinding got changed too. :nuruhappy:

7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Without the mech, yes.

Also, to make sure, I think when you first grapple, it will reel you in by default. Tap S to go back down (and/or to stop the default reeling in) and then use W to see if you go back up. I'd do it a few times, up down up down to see if it works.

8. PrashBricks III

I will make that sure.