WIP Desaturated/less yellow UI and dialogue boxes, plus other odds and ends

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Sabreene, Dec 3, 2017.

?

Recolor dialogue box only, or more of the UI?

1. Only the dialogue box

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dialogue box and letter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dialogue box, letter and more of the UI (like the date/time, energy bars, etc)

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Sabreene

Sabreene Astral Cartographer

Hi! I started work on this, and then thought maybe other people would be interested. I wanted a less-yellow, less-saturated dialogue screen to go along with the pretty world @eemie has created.

I started work on it, here, but still need to tweak it a some. I want to make it slightly less peachy, maybe take the saturation down a touch or two.

[​IMG]

I'm wondering if I should continue on for more the the UI stuff (like adjusting the brown around the date & time, and energy bars, etc), or just stay at the text box shown.

I've also done the letter background, which looks like this so far.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!!

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I'm loving the colours! Definitely interested!!!

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I love it so much!

Sabreene likes this.
        • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

looks good!

Sabreene likes this.
          • Sabreene

Yay! So glad so many people are interested :D I'm still fine-tuning the cursor page, since there's so many little things on it for the UI.

Here's a couple of test images. I like the time/date/season UI and the equipment box at the bottom/top, but think the pop-up UI probably needs to be taken down a bit more in saturation, and lesson the blushy tone. I haven't tested what they look like vanilla game. I have Eemie's map recolor, Karmylla's new maps, and the beach recolor (though I re-did Elliott's house, and changed a few things on that).

If anyone notices anything that looks off, let me know :)

I'll probably put up some WIP xnbs for people to test, if they want, in the next couple of days.

Time/Date/Toolbox in different backgrounds
            [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time/Date/Toolbox with New Dialogue Box

[​IMG]

Pop-Up Notes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pop-Up UI Toolboxes (needs to be taken down in saturation/blushytone)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Karmylla likes this.
            • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

It looks beautiful so far, great work!

Sabreene likes this.
              • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Cant wait!!

• TrinitysEnd

TrinitysEnd Void-Bound Voyager

I'd download it! :nod:

• Sabreene

I have some .xnbs to test!

Here are some screenshots.

Dialogue showing clock/time UI in upper corner:

Tan Portrait Box, Darker Name Plate
                    [​IMG]

Blue Portrait Box, Darker Name Plate
                    [​IMG]

There are a lot of pictures, so spoiler box!!!

Tan Portrait
                    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue Portrait

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tan with Lighter Name Plate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Various UI
                    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Billboard & Calendar
                    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Junimo Note
                    [​IMG]

Letter
                    [​IMG]

The Files:

Required:
                    Cursors: This has most of the UI, the dialogue windows, etc. I left everything alone but the things that seemed pertinent to the recolor. There are a few options: (tan, blue, tan/light or blue/light -- only use ONE and remove any extra text so it just says "cursors.xnb". Note: Based on @eemie cursors file. When I upload to nexus, I'll probably do an optional one.
                    MenuTiles: This has all of the toolbox in it, and is required for that to be recolored.
                    TitleButtons: This has the "Next" button. It's semi-required, since it bothered me when the next didn't match the screen. If the next doesn't bother you, you don't have to use it.

Optional:
                    Billboard: Use this if you want the billboard and calendar recolored.
                    letterBG: Use this if you want the letters recolored
                    Map: Use this if you want the map recolored (in the tool-box). Someone else has done this on Nexus, I think. That one might be better -- this was my personal one I'd done awhile back. I'd shown it more for how the UI colors looked with it.
                    JunimoNote: The note in the center that tells you what to find, etc.
                    ElliottSeaTiles: I'd recolored his boat in the cursors file, so this matches that. It's the Event boat, not the boat that sits next to his house.

Not Required
                    These I really wasn't sure where they fit in. They seem to do something, but I didn't check exactly what. I thought about recolored them rainbow colors to see where they popped up! But I didn't. Instead I recolored them to match everything and stuck them in my game. You don't have to use them. If something isn't colored right that seems like it should, you can put them in and see if it was one of these boxes!
                    chatBox - slight color change
                    DialogBoxGreen - slight color change
                    textBox - slight color change

And that's it for now!

I'll make sure Eemie and Allayna would like their edits included/not included before uploading the finished files! You can find their mods at:
                    Just a New Map Recolor
                    Recolors to match Eemie's Color Pallet

Let me know if you run into weird things or see anything that doesn't work, or feel like something needs to be tweaked!

And let me know if you like the tan/light, tan/dark, blue/light or blue/dark dialogue boxes :D :D

As a final aside, you might notice the letter from Elliott is different than the game. I've been working a little on making an Elliott mail thing. The re-writes work fine, but the extra letters just show up... whenever. I think I might need to delve into the SMAPI word to get it to do what I want :D But anyone that wants the easy add-on letters to the mail.xnb, just let me know :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
                      HopeWasHere, Karmylla and eemie like this.
                    • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

lol, you are already using my shipping bin lid. Was going to edit it in, and there it is! I don't mind, just credit when you actually release this!
                      On that note, on the cursors file, it would be awesome to have an overlay file, there's a lot of mods that use the cursors file for something!

Sabreene likes this.
                      • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

This looks so nice, great job! I will definitely give the blue portrait a try, although I think I'll stick to the tan :p
                        Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Sabreene likes this.
                        • Sabreene

Definitely will give credit when I release it! I would've actually sent you a email to ask if you wanted me to include it or leave it vanilla, before releasing (same with Eemie!). On that post, I'd put a note about the bin being recolored by you, but when I went to attach all my files at the end, I lost the whole post (now i know to SAVE while writing a long post, lmao!). When I re-wrote it I forgot to put it back in!! Sorry about that!!! (I edited it in just now!!)

As for an overlay, I've attached one here -- is that what you were thinking of? (it's only for the tan portrait/lighter nameplate)

Thank you for trying it out!

Attached Files:

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Yeah, that’s exactly what I meant! I’ve had to make my own personal overlay of cursors, cuz i have my shipping lid, an anthro mod, the darker town, edits of my own to make iridum stuff blue.... Got sick of tring to remember all my changes each time :rofl:

• Sabreene

I did a fix for the festival file, to have the matching beach texture, but I still have to talk to the person that did the mod for that. So I'm not including the download yet, but here's a picture, in case anyone sees anything amiss. I did notice Marnie's sprites need to be updated, the foodbowl goes back to the old colors right under where she stirs, lol.

[​IMG]

(and then I thought I broke something, since the water turned green the next day... I forgot it does that as a feature! lololol. silly me.)

eemie likes this.
                              • Sabreene

just as a reminder, this was the vanilla colors. I was testing my new titles with vanilla, lol.

[​IMG]

eemie likes this.
                                • Sabreene

I realized I put the wrong ElliottSeaTiles.xnb in the zip files above. It should've had the one with the recolored water that matched the beach. Ah well, I guess that's what it's a WIP and not released yet! Plus gave me time to run the event.

Here's some pictures:

Arriving at boat: (cursor boat): (water color from the less saturated beach mod)[​IMG]

Looking at Boat with dialogue (cursors):
                                  [​IMG]

In water (ElliottSeaTiles) : [​IMG]

In water (ElliottSeaTiles), with dialogue screen: [​IMG]

The file to test is here:

I'll probably be doing some finalizing over the weekend and into next week, and then putting it on to Nexus.

Let me know if anyone runs into any other bugs, or would like different versions/different things done.

I've also done a few of my own little edits on the various sheets, and I would be happy to give them as overlays for anything! (or the whole sheet with permission, but overlays might be easier!)

Attached Files:

eemie and Karmylla like this.
                                  • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I also noticed that you forgot to edit the little heart/ball meters, so I took the liberty of doing just that :p
                                    I'll share the overlay, so you can update the main files!

By the way, remember when I said that I would probably stick with the Tan portrait, after trying out the blue one. Yeah, forget it, I'm sticking with the blue one FO-RE-VER!
                                    It looks beautiful, so much better, thank youuuuuuuuuuuu for sharing! :D

Attached Files:

Sabreene likes this.
                                    • Sabreene

Ooh, I did forget those! Thank you for doing them!! I'll add them right in. I'm happy you like the blue! I wasn't sure how I was going to like it either, but I wanted something *more*. lol. It's actually a gradient.
                                      [​IMG]

I've experimented with the edges, too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Sabreene

I put the mod up on nexus. I'll be updating it here as well, but going to rest a bit, lol!

@eemie and @Allayna I mentioned both your mods in the description, and gave links. Let me know if you want me to add anything else, or change anything!

Here's the mod on nexus:

Less Saturated Recolor for UI Menus - Dialogue Screen - And Much More

(also, if anyone thinks a different title is better, let me know. I'm so bad with coming up with titles!)

eemie and HopeWasHere like this.
                                        • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Here's an overlay for the marnie.xnb for people like me that have another Marnie mod, it just recolors the tub.

Attached Files:

Sabreene likes this.