1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley SWITCH: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 11, 2017.

1. prodygee

prodygee Space Hobo

Same, loving your game so much. Bought in on PC and rebought on Switch. But after trying everything to alleviate sleepcrashes I got another one. Going through the same day retrying and being productive is a no go :(. I had to stop playing altogether.

I hope Nintendo will improve on patch approval..

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    • Parafox

Parafox Void-Bound Voyager

I'd love some update, too. We're approaching full three weeks since the update was submitted to Nintendo. I plan to play Stardew Valley over the holidays and would really love to do so without the static.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Yes, nearly three weeks now since the patch was submitted to Nintendo for approval. I have to ask - why are Nintendo so incredibly SLOW when it comes to software approvals? If I ran a company with such an appalling turnaround I'd be out of business in no time at all.

And why the lack of communication from Nintendo? As I understand it from reading Reddit and other forums, they won't even let 3rd party software developers talk about the approval process in any way, shape or form. Not even to say how far along the software is in the process.

Let's also think about the rapidly expanding Switch software library and how that will affect the approval process as time goes on - are we going to end up at a stage where it takes maybe 3, 4, 5, or even 6 months just for a patch to be approved? If I was a software developer I'd not be at all happy with that and would kick up one hell of a fuss with Nintendo. I'd even seriously consider not releasing my software on their platforms if they can't approve patches within two weeks at the outside. This makes me wonder if Nintendo's slow approval process will turn people off developing for the Switch, and that's a worry in itself.

I also get the distinct impression that the approval process for indie games takes longer than the AAA titles. But maybe it's just that, an impression. Remember that the approval process for the first Golf Story patch took over a month.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
        • Jackson Xie

Jackson Xie Space Hobo

4D823471-49DC-46F0-A903-799B872A38D2.jpeg I can’t craft certain items, caused by the incorrect item navigation. Please refer to the screenshot.

When i move downward from that item to select stone road, instead of selecting it, the cursor goes down straight to the itinerary, which make it impossible to craft stone road at this point. It happened to stone road and the bait next to it as well.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I assume this is on the Switch?

If so there's a patch with Nintendo for approval right now that fixes many bugs, including this one - however so far it's been with Nintendo for nearly three weeks and they still haven't released it which is extremely annoying. They are incredibly slow at approving software/patch releases.

As a temporary workaround for the crafting menu problem, disable the option ‘Use controller-style menus’

• azog

azog Space Hobo

I've seen this commented on briefly, but it's not in the known issues, and every other comment seems to focus only on magma geodes, but I have been having a similar issue with omni geodes as well. The long and short of it:

On Wednesday Winter 3 (year 5), I purchased 100 omni geodes. I wanted at least one prismatic shard but when I didn't get one, I reset and tried again. After the third time, I noticed a pattern, so I tried three more times in a row, and am getting exactly the same each time.

First time, I reset (press home, X to close, restart) and went to the desert as soon as I was finished with my farm chores and as soon as Pam showed up at the bus stop. Purchased 100 omni geodes, and get the same.

Second time, I reset (press home, X to close, restart), skipped farm chores and just waited for Pam, but purchased 101, just to mix things up a bit. Same results.

Third time, again to mix things up, reset again (press home, X to close, restart), skipped farm chores but waited longer for take the bus, and went to the blacksmith a few hours afterwards, and same results.

I am attaching screenshots from all three attempts, and you can see that they're not only similar but identical. I know screenies can be faked, but I figure something this this should be easily replicated.

2017112720100400-C2B49A475DF5A340494292A1BD398579.jpg 2017112720184200-C2B49A475DF5A340494292A1BD398579.jpg 2017112720280700-C2B49A475DF5A340494292A1BD398579.jpg

• Birdflunuggetz

Birdflunuggetz Space Hobo

Also curious. Static rears its’ ugly head after sleeping, then progressively gets worse over a 5-10 minute period until it is practically unplayable. Just picked up the game a day or two ago, so this is mildly disappointing. Any sort of progress update is appreciated.

Note: It is always my front left channel on my surround, and happens on my left headphone as well when playing undocked with earbuds.

• Cubacca

Cubacca Master Chief

Gaaaaah! I'm now unable to submit any more items to the museum because the lower rows are inaccesible! This bug was reported within days of release of the game but it's not in the patch that was sent to Ninty THREE weeks ago!

Devs - can we please have an update both on when the last patch will be released and when the next one will be submitted?

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

• Asger

Asger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Latest patch 1.2.36 has some weird stutter especially in the infinity mine.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
                      Katzeus likes this.
                    • Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

The patch is live as of this morning. Included are fixes for all the issues in the OP, with the addition of Rumble not working in handheld mode, and support for the new Switch video capture feature.

If you're seeing any of the bugs which have been reported in this thread, or are listed in the OP please post details - we know a few things reported are still outstanding or have yet to be reproduced, but still could use reports so we can include fixes in the next update.

There's a development blog post with the full changelog.

Typhoon likes this.
                      • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Katzeus! :)

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Interesting bug reported in the official patch notes comments section:

"After the update, my char woke up in his house (with recently added kitchen), and its layout was kinda glitched. The door has disappeared and there are some invisible blocks.
                          I was able to leave the house by exiting through the wall at some point."

http://disq.us/p/1o5xpaa

Edit: he also adds:

"Also, my Community Center is in total darkness, can't see a thing :("

Hopefully this isn't a corrupted save file ................

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
                          • yochrisss

yochrisss Poptop Tamer

I was hoping the patch would somehow fix my issues but I still cant load my saved files :(

Typhoon likes this.
                            • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

That's a huge shame. :-(

I think that only you and one or two others had this problem, is that right?

yochrisss likes this.
                              • yochrisss

yochrisss Poptop Tamer

Seems like it sadly. Not sure what exactly the issue is and wish I could help the devs with more info.

I have a couple hours on a new farm that I will be focusing on. I do very much enjoy the game and this new patch will make it 100x better

Typhoon likes this.
                                • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I guess you tried the Switch system option to attempt to fix corrupted data?

• sschezar

sschezar Space Hobo

Yes, that's me!
                                    Just posted that here too, but then noticed this thread.

I don't know if I wait for some news about it or just give up and start a new farm.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I think that it's going to be one of those issues that is so rare that it's going to be incredibly hard for the devs to track down. If Switch owners had the ability to backup save game data to a microSD card then no problem, you could send a copy of the save to Chuklefish to analyse and fix, sadly though Nintendo don't allow us access to such advanced technologies in 2017 ......... ultimately it's Nintendo's fault.