RELEASED [SMAPI] Chests Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 17, 2016.

1. margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Only for unnamed chests. I want the hover text for the 15ish chests I have in the shed, but not for the one lonely unnamed chest I have in the barn. I want to access them all from any chest, but only see hover text for the ones in the shed. :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

margotbean likes this.
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@margotbean Done in the upcoming Chests Anywhere 1.12.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

For the balanced mode, would these two options be flexible enough?
        • EnableInMines (default true): whether you can access chests remotely from the mines.
        • Range (default unlimited): which chests are available for remote access. This can be Unlimited, CurrentZone (location + buildings), CurrentLocation (e.g. if you're in a building, only that building), Disabled, a location name (like Farm), or a combination (like CurrentZone, Farm).
        Is there any need to block access from other locations than the mines? I don't want to make the config options too complicated.

anothersarah likes this.
        • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

@Pathoschild, Have I told you lately that you ROCK? :D XOXO Thank you!

Pathoschild likes this.
          • anothersarah

anothersarah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd love the Range option! On the access blocking, what about the Skull Cavern? Would that fall under mines?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

anothersarah likes this.
            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I think I'll simplify it down to one option:
              • Range: which chests are available for remote access. This can be Unlimited, CurrentZone, CurrentLocation, or Disabled.
              Players who want a balanced mod would choose CurrentZone or CurrentLocation; in that case the mod would work in the mines, but only chests placed in the mines would be accessible. I might add more options in future versions, but I want to see how players actually use the range before adding more.

• anothersarah

anothersarah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sounds good. I wondered if specifically blocking the mines would be necessary if you could change it to zone or location, but I figured it must be a common-ish feature request :) Thanks for adding these, I'll have to finally download this once the update's out!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chests Anywhere 1.12 beta is now available! (See optional files.)

1.12 adds support for the shipping bin and Junimo huts, adds an option to limit the range for players who want a more balanced mod (see config help), updates to the latest SMAPI features, hides tooltips for unnamed chests, and a few other improvements and fixes.

anothersarah likes this.
                  • Tarrachal

Tarrachal Space Hobo

Hi Pathoschild, I'm loving several of your mods and wanted to thank you first and foremost. I was also curious: how realistic it is to hope for compatibility with Extended or Expanded Fridge mods. No big deal if not, just curious if it's a future possibility.

Edit - It seems it was already showing but I hadn't realized I needed to switch categories (Most my storage is in a shed :p ). I don't know that it will show expanded inventory so my question may still be relevant in that way but it's nice the fridge does show the normal part of the inventory.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
                    • gamedaddy

gamedaddy Space Hobo

Hello, I'm running into a problem... not specifically with the Chests Anywhere mod, but with a couple of mods that are looking up similar types of information. Whenever a mod needs to look up data, it reports back a "(no translation: ...)" error. If anyone has an idea of what's causing this, I'd like to fix it. Tried Googling it and came up empty. The Chests Anywhere mod will work with these errors, but it creates many additional characters that really just clutter up the screen. Any help would be appreciated.

See linked screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FB6tjWgKqeqmkwLzXojqim86FVUajKE6/view?usp=sharing

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @gamedaddy. Inside Chests Anywhere's mod folder, you should have an i18n subfolder with some files. It looks like those files are missing for you. Do you use a mod manager to install the mods? If so, can you make sure you have the latest version?

• gamedaddy

gamedaddy Space Hobo

Nope, I just extract the zip files directly to the Mods folder. Am I doing it wrong? ;)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• gamedaddy

gamedaddy Space Hobo

Yes, thanks for your help. I know this is getting murky, as far as supporting my mods in general and not your specific mod.

[17:52:30 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 2.1 with Stardew Valley 1.2.33 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
                            [17:52:30 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
                            [17:52:30 TRACE SMAPI] Log started at 2017-12-01T23:52:30 UTC
                            [17:52:30 TRACE SMAPI] Overriding content manager...
                            [17:52:30 TRACE SMAPI] Starting game...
                            [17:52:35 TRACE SMAPI] Detecting common issues...
                            [17:52:35 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mod metadata...
                            [17:52:35 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mods...
                            [17:52:35 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Automate from Automate\Automate.dll...
                            [17:52:35 TRACE SMAPI] Loading ChestsAnywhere from ChestsAnywhere\ChestsAnywhere.dll...
                            [17:52:35 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Expanded Fridge from ExpandedFridge\ExpandedFridge.dll...
                            [17:52:35 TRACE SMAPI] Loading TimeSpeed from TimeSpeed\TimeSpeed.dll...
                            [17:52:35 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Tractor from TractorMod\TractorMod.dll...
                            [17:52:35 TRACE SMAPI] Loading UI Info Suite from UI Info Suite\UIInfoSuite.dll...

[17:52:36 INFO SMAPI] Loaded 6 mods:
                            [17:52:36 INFO SMAPI] Automate 1.7 by Pathoschild | Lets you automate crafting machines, fruit trees, and more by connecting them to chests.
                            [17:52:36 INFO SMAPI] ChestsAnywhere 1.11.1 by Pathoschild | Access your chests from anywhere.
                            [17:52:36 INFO SMAPI] Expanded Fridge 1.2.8 by Uwazouri | Expands the fridge in the players house.
                            [17:52:36 INFO SMAPI] TimeSpeed 2.2.1 by cantorsdust & community | Lets you control the flow of time in the game: speed it up, slow it down, or freeze it altogether.
                            [17:52:36 INFO SMAPI] Tractor 4.1 by Pathoschild | Lets you buy a tractor to more efficiently work with crops, clear twigs and rocks, etc.
                            [17:52:36 INFO SMAPI] UI Info Suite 1.5 by Cdaragorn | Adds a lot of useful information to the user interface. This is based on Demiacle's excellent UIModSuite.

[17:52:36 TRACE SMAPI] Context: locale set to en.
                            [17:52:36 INFO SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
                            [17:52:36 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for SMAPI update...
                            [17:52:36 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for updates to 6 keys...

[17:52:36 ALERT SMAPI] You can update 1 mod:
                            [17:52:36 ALERT SMAPI] UI Info Suite 1.6.0: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1150
                            [17:52:58 TRACE Console.Out] gameMode was 'titleScreenGameMode (0)', set to 'loadingMode (6)'.
                            [17:52:58 TRACE Console.Out] getLoadEnumerator('GameDaddy_171296714')
                            [17:53:03 TRACE Console.Out] gameMode was 'loadingMode (6)', set to 'playingGameMode (3)'.
                            [17:53:04 TRACE SMAPI] Context: loaded saved game 'GameDaddy_171296714', starting winter 21 Y1.
                            [17:53:04 TRACE Tractor] Checking for update... none found.
                            [17:53:04 TRACE Automate] Checking for update... none found.
                            [17:53:04 TRACE ChestsAnywhere] Checking for update... none found.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Do you use Windows to unzip the files, or another program?

• gamedaddy

gamedaddy Space Hobo

I use IZArc

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@gamedaddy Can you redownload Chests Anywhere and unzip it using Windows? It might be a bug in IZArc.

• gamedaddy

gamedaddy Space Hobo

Well, I found that IZArc didn't install the i18n folder in the Chests Anywhere directory. Windows did, but I'm still seeing the (no translation) error on the mod. I think I'm gonna have to backtrack more and reinstall all mods.

I do appreciate your help very much, though don't go to too much more trouble trying to resolve this for me. This issue goes way beyond supporting your mod. :)

----

Follow-Up: Now it's working. Weird. Thank you! Donated via PayPal.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
                                      Pathoschild and anothersarah like this.