Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanadianChronos

CanadianChronos Big Damn Hero

Im using some mods and just recently I got Makeshift Multiplayer working. My friend has been able to go into the mines perfectly fine but whenever i try to suddenly my game will crash. i can be in the area where the minecart is but the moment i try to go down the ladder my game crashes. Heres the error and the mod list, if someone could help me I would be most grateful :)

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That's a bug with the Out of Season Bonuses mod, though it shouldn't affect anything in-game. I suggest reporting it on its mod page.

I loaded your save and mods, and was able to change appearance without error. Does it happen with specific clothes or any? Does resetting your content files fix it?

You're missing one of the SMAPI files (/Users/kis/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS/StardewModdingAPI.config.json); try redownloading and reinstalling SMAPI to fix that.

You accidentally replaced the wrong mine.xnb file when installing an XNB mod. You can reset your content files to fix that.

• ElocinTygr

ElocinTygr Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you, I will report it there then. Again, thank you.

• PicaroPersona

PicaroPersona Void-Bound Voyager

How exactly do I use the SMAPI thing to add Iridium tools to my backpack? I'm trying player_add tool 4(axe) 1(quantity) 4(quality). By the SMAPI's logic, that SHOULD give me an Iridium axe, but all I'm getting is regular axes.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @PicaroPersona. Thanks for reporting that; I'll fix it in the upcoming SMAPI 2.2. In the meantime, you can spawn it using CJB Item Spawner instead.

sc0rich and PicaroPersona like this.
            • PicaroPersona

PicaroPersona Void-Bound Voyager

Ah! Thank you for the quick reply. I appreciate it.

• sc0rich

sc0rich Void-Bound Voyager

Hey @Pathoschild, I tried reseting my content files (apparently 2 were missing) and went through day 9 as Taylor again.
                then I realized that was the wrong playthrough and played the other day 9 file as Morgan. Which also crashed.
                I saw a warning from SMAPI about uninstalling SpaceCore if it crashes alot. I'll try that tomorrow.

Attached Files:

• Arya Stark

Arya Stark Space Hobo

Hey everyone,
                  I am new here and I would like to learn how to create mods using SMAPI, rather than XNB. I don't want to override the original content but add new stuff onto it.
                  i would like to learn how to create simple SMAPI mods but I am honestly lost.
                  Obviously before asking, I have read several tutorials, some wiki pages, but I have no programming experience.

I am on the discord (no mic), to try and learn from scratch. If some of you could help me that would be great.

• sc0rich

nope, they still crashed. I may try a new file from this point in my mod load order, but perhaps later. I feel like I'm doing SOMETHING wrong, I have to be...the error is so oddly specific. :urgh:

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you temporarily remove Advanced Location Loader, Entoarox Framework, Furniture Anywhere, and XNB Loader and try it again?

Welcome to Stardew modding! Have you already tried creating the tutorial mod? Feel free to ask questions in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord (no mic required).

• ColbyPerry

ColbyPerry Space Hobo

Help
                        My mods
                        CustomFarmTypes
                        ExtendedMinecart
                        Forage at the farm 1.8
                        Mining at the Farm 1.8
                        SpaceCore
                        TractorMod
                        TrainerMod
                        XnbLoader
                        I load into the immersive farm go outside then it crashes :/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
                        • sc0rich

I'm doing it, but kinda :( about it, since removing XNB Loader removes all my xnb files. I'm also going to test only on Morgan file.
                          update: okay, I tried loading with the 4 mods out of my mods folder, and I got the errors on the 'start over error' text file that was my SMAPI latest file from 4pm CST (it didn't crash, it just took me back to the start screen. it repeats because I tried to start the game once more after it took me to the start screen the first time)

so what do I do from here? do I try a new game, do I try to load the save file with one more of the removed mod folders every time until it works...?

Attached Files:

• ImaUNIKERN

ImaUNIKERN Space Spelunker

I have a problem with the 'Chests Anywhere' mod? The config file doesn't download along with the rest of it, and I cannot find it. I have re-downloaded about 5 times and still cannot find it. (sorry the images are large, all I know how to do is take a screen shot and copy-paste) upload_2017-11-25_19-36-5.png upload_2017-11-25_19-37-26.png

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@ImaUNIKERN Most config.json files do not show up until the game is run once while the mod is installed. Start SDV and then close it.

• Junesong

Junesong Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! I was hoping a kind soul could provide some insight into a bug I am currently experiencing :) When I try to open Stardew Valley through SMAPI I get this error:

18:26:16 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 2.0 with Stardew Valley 1.2.33 on Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
                                [18:26:16 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
                                [18:26:16 TRACE SMAPI] Log started at 2017-11-26T17:26:16 UTC
                                [18:26:16 TRACE SMAPI] Overriding content manager...
                                [18:26:16 TRACE SMAPI] Starting game...
                                [18:26:17 ERROR SMAPI] The game failed unexpectedly: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
                                at new[](UInt32 )
                                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.UnsafeNativeMethods.AllocateArrayAndReadFile(String filename, Void** ppData, UInt32* pdwBufferSize)
                                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.UnsafeNativeMethods.WaveBank.CreateHandle(UInt32 hEngine, String string, Int32 length, IntPtr& pCleanup)
                                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.WaveBank..ctor(AudioEngine audioEngine, String nonStreamingWaveBankFilename)
                                at StardewValley.Game1.Initialize()
                                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                                at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
                                at StardewModdingAPI.Program.RunInteractively() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 217
                                [18:26:17 INFO SMAPI] Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

Does anyone know what is causing it? And how I can fix it? Any help would be super appreciated!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

You're getting a few different errors. Here's how to fix them:
                                  1. Install SpaceCore (needed by Cooking Skill and Custom Farm Types).
                                  2. Update Custom Farming to the latest version.
                                  3. Remove CFAutomate, which is no longer compatible.
                                  4. UI Info Suite doesn't seem to have a manifest; can you post a screenshot of the files in Stardew Valley\Mods\UI Info Suite (including the full window)?
                                  5. You have custom data in your save file for a mod which is no longer installed; post a zip of your save files here and I'll fix it for you.
                                  One of your mods added custom data to the save file (ALLGreenhouse), so your save doesn't work without it. If you send me your save file, I'll remove it so you can test without that mod.

Can you make sure your audio device (e.g. headphones or speaker) is plugged in, then try this FAQs entry?

sc0rich likes this.
                                  • sc0rich

:nuruhappy:

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Attached Files:

sc0rich likes this.
                                    • Junesong

Junesong Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Pathoschild Thank you so much for your swift response, I will definitely give that a try! ^_^

• sc0rich

Thank you so much:nuruawe:. I'll have to wait until after work to try it, but thank you :nuruhappy:

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.