1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) v1.64

Converts stuff into seeds. Farm stuff!

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

I put together a quick alternative cost system. I'll need to bug test it a bit before I update. I was thinking the costs might be:

T1: 500 pixels + 1 T0 seed
    T2: 1000 pixels + 1 T1 seed
    T3: 2000 pixels + 1 T2 seed
    T4: 4000 pixels + 1 T3 seed
    T5: 10,000 pixels + T4 1 seed

and

T1 food and produce: 100 pixels + 1 T0 seed

I'm not sure how these costs will play out in-game. Perhaps someone with a bit more experience playing through to later stages of the game might have some insight.

edit: decided to make it a bit more expensive. Hope it works.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  2. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

V1.50

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. greenRAM

v1.51

4. greenRAM

V1.52

5. greenRAM

V1.53

6. RedCore22

RedCore22 Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible to plant Bone plants?

7. TylorBane

TylorBane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I know this is kinda weird, but T1 Zerchesium seeds back into ore currently produces more (12 to be exact) T1 seeds instead of going back to ore... I now have over 3k T1 Zerchesium seeds... >.>
    PS, is there anything I can do to allow any of your seeds to be grown in FU hydroponics trays?
    PPS, there are also some broken ones with protocite and proto liquid as well ^^

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  8. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

I'll reiterate what I said last page.
    As far as the broken recipes and misspellings go, this is one mod that could stand to benefit from a git repo. :confused:

9. TylorBane

TylorBane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i've also noticed that (vanilla) ultimate ore seeds are dropping things like lead and uranium when those seeds are missing from the crafting of the ultimate... >.>
    PS i would love to fix and and this compatibility myself but i have no idea where to start when it comes to coding for starbound...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  10. Deku-Miguel

Deku-Miguel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've used this mod for quite a while, although I'll just list some bugs/oddities I've noticed recently. Sorry for the long list. Also I didn't check the various tools, blocks, or material seeds in terms of spelling/grammar issues so there might be some there. I also don't use FU and by extension the FU add-on so again, might be other issues there. Also might be more that I just haven't noticed in my playtime, so I might add in more later who knows.

1: Getting a tier 0 produce seed will give you a Perfectly Generic Item recipe.

2: Pearlpea Risotto does not have a Tier 1 upgrade, despite pretty much every other prepared food having one. (This is probably just because you haven't made on yet though.)

3: The plants for Carrot Bread Tier 1 and Beakseed Bread Tier 1, look weird, like transparency wasn't set up correctly for them.

4: Mushroom Rice Tier 1 never seems to actually grow...

5: "Blocks of Flesh" plants give out Perfectly Generic Items when harvested. EDIT: As does "Ancient Brick" plants.

6: It seems that Money Plants sometimes drop the wrong type of seed. The overview page says they might go up, but sometimes I've seen them go down as well.

(Speaking of the Overview page, the liquid drop chances only go up to Tier 1 plants, and the Voxel plants' Tier 2, 3, and 4 are all just 1.)

7: Might be intentional but I find it odd how you can only upgrade Money Seeds to 2 and 4 (as well as make Tier 0) at the Seed Upgrade Station, and only to 1, 3, and 5 at the Seed Converter.

8: Aegisalt Ore Tier 4, Oil Tier 2, and Silver Ore Seed Tier 5 seem to give the wrong amount back when you "refund" in the Seed Upgrade Market compared to what other seeds of their Tier give.

9: You can "refund" a Copper Bar Seed into 857 Copper Bars, this was probably meant to be for the Ultimate Copper Bar Seed instead given a variety of reasons.

10: Solarium Ore Tier 5, Titanium Ore Tier 5, and Tungsten Ore Tier 5, seems to use the wrong graphic, looks like Iron Tier 5 for the first two, and maybe Silver Tier 5 for the last one.

11: "Moonstone Seed T2" is instead called "Moonstone T2 Seed". Similarly "Trianglium Seed" is called just that instead of "Trianglium Seed T1". None of the liquids give a T1 sign either although that was probably intentional. EDIT: "Crystal Seed T2" is instead "Crystal T2 Seed".

12: The following Seeds all have some capitalization issues.

Aegisalt Tier 3, Avesmingo Tier 0, Cake Tier 1, Choconut Tier 1, Coal Tier 5, Copper Ore Tier 3, Corefragment Tier 0, Corn Cob Tier 1, Crystal Tier 3, Diamond Tier 3, Gold Ore Tier 3, Lead Ore Tier 3, Sweet Punch Tier 0, Meat Stew Tier 1, Moonstone Tier 3, Omelette Tier 0, Potato Tier 0, Pussplum Tart Tier 0, Spiky Cookies Tier 1, Sweet Popcorn Tier 1, Tomato Tier 0, Toxictop Tier 0.

EDIT: The Seed Converter also has an issue as it asks you to "convert seeds?" Without being capitalized correctly.

Specific mention goes to Copper Ore Tier 2, Corefragment Tier 2 and 3, Diamond Tier 1, and Ferozium Ore Tier 1, for them it's the T in T2 or whatever that isn't capitalized.

13: The follow Seeds are spelled wrong.

Cactii Ice Cream Tier 0, (Should be "Cacti Ice Cream"), Chili Tier 0, (Should be "Chilli", either can work but Chucklefish uses the double L version that is popular in Europe where they're based for the item. Funnily enough this forum says that, "Chilli" is incorrectly spelled), Grapes Tier 0, (Should be Grape, while the fruit is plural, the seed should be singular, also to make it more in line with the Grape Seed Tier 1).

EDIT: Two more, when scanning Pearlpea Pancakes and Bacon Pancakes they are called "Pearlpeapan Cakes" and "Baconpan Cakes" respectfully.

14: The following have different names between either the Tier 0 and the Tier 1, or just what is used to make it in general. But that's probably because of the difference between the file names and the actual displayed names.

Wattage Potage Tier 0 (2KB Potage), crystalplant Tier 0 (Crystal Plant), Bottle Milk Tier 0 (Milk), Meat Pie Tier 0 (Shepard's Pie), Toast Tier 0, (Eggy Toast).

EDIT: Fish dumplings take up two spaces, which is weird considering how much of the other crops only take up one.

Yet more EDITS: I find it odd that the antidote seed needs 10 to make, yet due to a glitch in the game, you can't actually stack them.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    greenRAM likes this.
  11. CopperBoltwire

CopperBoltwire Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have Made a cheated version of this mod.
    It basically puts all growth times to 1 second.
    You can find it here: Sub-forum on the steam version

I made a "how to" a few posts ago: {LINK}

Incidentally - When ever i mess around with my cheated version, i come across bugs which i then report to our awesome guy, greenRAM.
    Sure it means more work for him, but it also means a clean mod for all of us.
    All in all - Win Win.

12. Fawful40392

Fawful40392 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[16:16:00.502] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/moneyplants OSM SELL/essenceplantt1seedsell.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'essenceplantt1seed'
    [16:16:47.641] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/oreseedmachine/medievalladderseed.recipe: (ItemException) No such item 'medievalladder'

greenRAM likes this.
  13. greenRAM

V1.54 More bug Fixes?!

14. greenRAM

Looks like the medievalladder no longer exists. I'll have that recipe deleted in the next update. The essence recipe should be fixed in the recent update. Thanks for the feedback on that.

Fawful40392 likes this.
  15. Fawful40392

Fawful40392 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No prob:nuruhappy:

16. greenRAM

V1.55

17. lesnor

lesnor Void-Bound Voyager

Dont know if this is the place but how would i get this mods seeds to work inside the growing tray and hydroponics tray from F.U? Thanks if you know.

18. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Simple answer, You don't. The way the script running the trays works is designed around the resource output of vanilla crops as well as it's own and is not meant to handle the output of the higher-tier ore crops. In theory, the seeds can be added with a .patch, but the result is disappointing yields with too many seeds. Best to use the Hydroponic Tube tiles with Harvester Turrets and Grabbers.

greenRAM and lesnor like this.
  19. greenRAM

v1.56

lesnor likes this.
  20. CopperBoltwire

CopperBoltwire Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh FFS, now i gotta start all over making my cheated version...
    Oh well, at least most bugs got squashed, so that is at least a positive.

Also realized that i'm 3 versions behind.
    But i won't be doing any updating anyway until the 1st of Feb'.
    So who knows, maybe more updated will popup before then.