1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Uros IV (RAM's version) V 4.0

A ship that's a small, domed world.

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

2. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Excellent! I had to make a patch mod that disabled the BYOS implementation, but now I don't need it. Thanks for the timely update. Still best ship mod. :)

3. TheTraveller999

TheTraveller999 Void-Bound Voyager

not sure if i should ask here or in FrackinUniverse's discussion area, i am trying to adjust this mod so i can use it with the Droden from
    Elithian Races Mod which is supported in FrackinRaces and i am not having any luck, any help would be appreciated.

4. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Easiest way to do it is to copy a preexisting mod folder and change any racial references to "Droden", both in file and folder names and in the blockkey.config file. So the Ships\apex folder would be Ships\droden, apext0.structure would be drodent0.structure and so on, and you'd have to change entries like "apexshiplocker" to "drodenshiplocker" and so on. Do that and you should be golden.

TheTraveller999 likes this.
  5. TheTraveller999

ok thanks i will give that a try

6. olsenitis

olsenitis Void-Bound Voyager

could you make this for the avali

7. olsenitis

could you release this for avali on steam please

8. greenRAM

Nope. It was already on steam, but I took it down along with other mods that were being flooded with harassment. I like modding, and sharing my work, but not enough to have to deal with that. Sorry.

Also, it works as far as I know.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  9. TheTraveller999

sigh that sucks to hear........ and folks wonder why we can not have nice things

10. olsenitis

shame people should be concentrate about your modding its great.
    though even when i download it and extract it into the mod folder it does not work

11. greenRAM

Odd. Hm... not creating an error, but just not showing up at all? I'll take another look and see if I can't figure something out. I might need to take a look at your log file. It sounds like either the game isn't loading the mod at all, or the ship in this mod isn't correctly referencing the avali ship to replace. Not sure, but this might happen if the avali mod is a differeny name on steam.

12. olsenitis

13. olsenitis

14. greenRAM

15. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Uros IV (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

V3.6

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. rimukinoki

rimukinoki Void-Bound Voyager

Any chance there are some tips for replacing information for custom races? I'm trying to do so for the Arachne race but it won't replace for whatever reason.

17. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Uros IV (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

v3.7 Some improvements and fixes!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  18. Saint Apollyon

Saint Apollyon Phantasmal Quasar

I was able to get it to work with the Arachne just fine.
    What you gotta do is, first, choose which races "ship" you want for your arachne. Then, replace all uses of the prior race name with "arachne."
    Example: wildavianrainmaker2000seed --> wildarachnerainmaker2000seed
    You have to be sure to do this with everything in the folder. Especially the universe.server.config.

Edit: Actually, I'm running into an issue with this as well- I replaced everything to arachne using the Avikan file as a base, and it worked just fine, but when I did the exact same thing with the Avian (didn't like the look of the Avikan stuff) it doesn't work. I just get the plain Arachne ship.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  19. greenRAM

20. greenRAM

It's because there's a "universe_server.config.patch" file in the Avikan's Uros IV ship mod that redirects the ship that's being loaded with that race to the Uros IV ship. Really, an easy way might be to just have that patch file redirect your modded race to any of your already downloaded ship files. We could even do that with the vanilla ships. I like to have each ship be unique for each race though, so I didn't even think to do that before.