REQUEST Area Request

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Zeoinx, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Zeoinx

Zeoinx Phantasmal Quasar

Would it be possible for someone to use Stardew Valley Assets to create a new map zone that would recreate the mountians and possible Ranch of Harvest Moon SNES, and if they really want to go all out, maybe a recreation of the town.

Maybe we can get there by the bus.

Its not that I dont enjoy the stardew map areas, but I had a wave of nostalgia watching Yahtzee on youtube playing it. I think it would be amusing to visit it in a parody sense and even have another Rancher give dialog to you claiming "Oh, you are a new to farming eh, Well Ive been doing this for more years then you can count!" and have like a old guy but in the blue jumpsuit and hat....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lannihamm and HopeWasHere like this.
    • Zeoinx

Zeoinx Phantasmal Quasar

Well at least I have HOPE in my corner!

HopeWasHere likes this.
      • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I don't think it would be difficult to make the maps. But getting the characters to respond correctly to the map might be a challenge. Then you have the question of whether these maps would replace current maps, or just be new areas to the game. Either way, it's a decently sized project, and depending on when I can get these Christmas gifts done I might be able to help at least a little with the maps.

• Zeoinx

Zeoinx Phantasmal Quasar

Honestly, I wouldn't mind going about it myself if there was a easy method to learn to mod, like a map editor, which would be great. If there was a map editor id be creating new zones for this game all day every day, prob would go create some really fun and unique areas.

And I wouldnt mind for these areas to be brand new instead of replacing, as I don't want people who want to use this mod, me included, to miss out on the quality official game content that is made.

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

tIDE is an easy to learn SDV map editor available on this site!

• Zeoinx

Zeoinx Phantasmal Quasar

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Zeoinx Tiled is also a good map editor. :p

Runs better than tIDE in my opinion, since you can copy paste from other maps and make animated tiles selectable from the tilesheet (and doesn't lag as much when loading a map). Here's a guide if you want to check some of it out. It has links to Tiled as well.

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I thought Tiled looked fancier and had a few thingsI liked but I went back to tIDE for the shortcut keys and got used to the layout. It seems like Tiled just over complicates things. Just my opinion. I still use both.